Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jackson also has guaranteed money through 2016. Not Idzik's MO. Harvin has no guaranteed money beyond this year. Also, FWIW...

@BrianCoz
The reports on the conditional pick the Jets sent to Seattle are not accurate, I'm told. What has been reported is too high. #nyj
I'm not sure of exact parameters of the conditional pick but it won't go as high as second round, per source.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wheez the roux posted:

we've probably got the 2nd worst receiving corps in the league now after jacksonville, although hurns seems to be p good so maybe it's a tie

I'm late and who really cares but Jacksonville has a bunch of decent to good WRs. Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Hurns/Robinson ain't a bad foursome at all

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Football Outsiders posted:

You know in They Live, when Roddy Piper gets the glasses that let him see the aliens? There are times when I think everyone sees Percy Harvin as a great football player, but I've got the special glasses that let me see that he's really not very good

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Every time the Colts give the ball to Richardson instead of Bradshaw a blood vessel pops in my head watching the play die.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Ozu posted:

Jackson also has guaranteed money through 2016. Not Idzik's MO. Harvin has no guaranteed money beyond this year. Also, FWIW...

@BrianCoz
The reports on the conditional pick the Jets sent to Seattle are not accurate, I'm told. What has been reported is too high. #nyj
I'm not sure of exact parameters of the conditional pick but it won't go as high as second round, per source.

No single pick would make the Harvin deal worth what they gave up for him. Take the 4th rnd pick and cut losses.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

The smear campaign by Seattle is pretty great. I'm willing to bet Golden Tate deserved whatever black eye Harvin gave him though.

You really think that Idzik ripped seattle off?

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Looking forward to playing "Percy Harvin's Punch-Out!!" with migraine pills as power-ups.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Professor Moriarty posted:

Looking forward to playing "Percy Harvin's Punch-Out!!" with migraine pills as power-ups.

Hard to tell if its a black eye when its on a black guy

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

mcmagic posted:

You really think that Idzik ripped seattle off?

Its a low risk potentially high reward move? it might not work out but when you're dressing Greg Salas why would you not try?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@AlbertBreer
Details on the two altercations: Percy Harvin bodyslammed Golden Tate prior to the Super Bowl, punched Doug Baldwin during camp in August.

@MikeGarafolo
Yup. And the Baldwin punch is true, too. Though neither was really a sneak attack. RT @bullystyle311: Did he really body slam Golden Tate?

:stare:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Percy Harvin tried to stop Tate from going after Mrs. Wilson. When Russel found out, he blamed Percy.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 3 minutes ago
The #Seahawks received a conditional 6th round pick in 2014 that can become a 4th rounder in exchange for new #Jets WR Percy Harvin.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I wonder who the next player will be for the Seahawks who won't play and still make a big pile of money. :allears:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
on paper, Harvin's production is not worth what we paid. But I wonder what it'd look like if all those TDs he got in the Washington game weren't negated.

Also, people saying Richardson won't produce - it's hard to tell. Seattle is notoriously fickle with their rookie offensive players (aside from RW). Christine Michael only got rushes in garbage time last year, and all the rookie O-line players didn't play till late in the season. They're highly underutilized.

Edit: Jesus christ Harvin is an rear end in a top hat. Why didn't we know this when we traded a 1st, 3rd and 7th for him?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

ShakeZula posted:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 3 minutes ago
The #Seahawks received a conditional 6th round pick in 2014 that can become a 4th rounder in exchange for new #Jets WR Percy Harvin.

Boy they really got ripped off, a draft pick in the past.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

beejay posted:

Boy they really got ripped off, a draft pick in the past.

Time is a flat circle.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Chris James 2 posted:

@AlbertBreer
Details on the two altercations: Percy Harvin bodyslammed Golden Tate prior to the Super Bowl, punched Doug Baldwin during camp in August.

:stare:

Glad he punked that bitch Tate

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

Ozu posted:

David Nelson is getting cut as a result. Nelson is a fantastic human being and does great things for orphans in Haiti. I just don't want him starting at WR for my football team.

The Jets beat writers are having a collective heart attack over the good Locker Room Guy™ making way for violent sciociopath Harvin

R.A. Dickey fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 18, 2014

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

Glad he punked that bitch Tate

In a twist of fate, locker room monitors ruled that he never connected with Tate despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Percy must punch through a loving Brick wall dude is 200 lbs of biceps and shoulders

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Haha, Harvin body slammed Tate? Come on. Can't wait for more leaks. Did he shank someone on a practice squad? Kick a puppy? Throw Russ' grandma down some stairs?

Potzblitz!
Jan 20, 2005

Kung-Fu fighter
These hatchet jobs are getting ridiculous. When Randy Moss was cut because he was mean to the Viking's caterer, we all laughed. Then Desean Jackson was released because he's a gangbanger. And now we find out that Percy Harvin has always been a violent maniac and btw was never good at football anyway.

Just admit your mistakes, GMs. They happen.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Percy Harvin wacked Golden Tate upside the head with a drat mace!!! Nobody knew because Pete Carroll cast a healing spell. Medieval rear end mother fucker had to go...

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Rumor from a source that Percy Harvin ran into a pregnete woman with his car then got out and called her baby crotchspawn?!? Story didn't come out until now bc of an ancient Wiccan hex...

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Percy must punch through a loving Brick wall dude is 200 lbs of biceps and shoulders

punching power comes from the lower body

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I can't wait for Percy Harvin to kinkshame Rex Ryan's foot fetish.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
BuzzFeed reporting that disgraced new Jets WR Percy Harvin is not LOL or win in the slightest. Trade looking very good for Seattle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that people are just ignoring him fighting and being a dick in college, and in the Vikings.

Him being a jerk in 2 places? Okay. A 3rd place though? No, now something must be made up here!!! He's changed for the better! Hit piece, slander, fraud!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chris James 2 posted:

I like that people are just ignoring him fighting and being a dick in college, and in the Vikings.

Him being a jerk in 2 places? Okay. A 3rd place though? No, now something must be made up here!!! He's changed for the better! Hit piece, slander, fraud!

I think people are doubting he body slammed a dude more than him being kind of a jerk.

I mean those two don't have to follow each other.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chris James 2 posted:

You don't think a peep would come out at the time? At all? Remember how Dez Bryant not carrying someone's shoulder pads was like a multi-day story?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
He was a pile of poo poo on the Vikings and nearly dropped Childress before getting separated.

Nobody should be surprised he was poison in Seattle. I agree with the poster earlier who suggested he will be outta the league in a few years.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He's smiling in all his google images

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
I don't know where the guy can go and be happy. If he wasn't happy on a contender that just won it all what's it going to take?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Pron on VHS posted:

He's smiling in all his google images

Rate the sincerity
Brady-------------Cam

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I feel like this quote from a PFT blurb on the trade is bad enough, even for PFT, to deserve more attention:

quote:

As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Rusell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don’t share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach.

Now, I'm loving old. I've watched a lot of football, and I've watched a lot of players get slathered with various degrees of Playing The Game The Right Way praise. I've never seen it alleged that a player loves the game so much that his teammates, themselves professional football players, want to literally launch a mutiny against him because they resent his devotion to the game.

Is this some kind of test? Are NFL GMs trying to figure out just how egregious and outlandish they can make their bullshit anonymous media releases, before the media treats them skeptically?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Why would any of that be unbelievable, that kind of stuff happens all the time in sports

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Whatever the facts/rumors are, this is the second time in a row that Harvin's been suddenly traded away from a team for seemingly no good reason. These are presumably intelligent men who don't make random trades for the hell of it, especially when it has such bad optics. There's clearly something going on with Harvin.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fellwenner posted:

Really? You're ready to call it quits on the team because one prima donna was traded out? Yeah, we've got problems to sort out and work through, but they're nothing we've not been able to surmount before. We're 3-2, not 0-5. The sky isn't falling.

I'm a Seattle sports fan, we're not used to being happy.

The SB from last year was still worth it even if we have a 'decade of mediocrity' starting now.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2h2 hours ago
Bucs, Browns & Bengals were contacted about interest in Percy Harvin, I'm told. Not surprisingly, they all have plenty of $ under cap #nyj

Huh.

I'm shocked the Bengals didn't bite.

The Browns are playing without a number 1 guy, but I don't think I blame them for not biting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
The real question is, where does he go after the Jets cut his rear end next in the offseason?

• Locked thread