Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

The Seahawks fall in love with players they don't have and then hate them as soon as they are there. Scarlett CarrO'hara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

CHARLIE WHITEHURST WILL LEAD THIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS

*trades 3rd rounder*

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Ozu posted:

Jackson also has guaranteed money through 2016. Not Idzik's MO. Harvin has no guaranteed money beyond this year. Also, FWIW...

@BrianCoz
The reports on the conditional pick the Jets sent to Seattle are not accurate, I'm told. What has been reported is too high. #nyj
I'm not sure of exact parameters of the conditional pick but it won't go as high as second round, per source.

No single pick would make the Harvin deal worth what they gave up for him. Take the 4th rnd pick and cut losses.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Hand Row posted:

I think the rumors about him messing with coaches and plays recently is the more likely culprit. Especially since he does have a history of fighting coaches, albeit deserved or not.

Bevell deserves any sort of poo poo he can get, and I really hope Pete is brave enough to fire him after trading away a Harvin mid-season.

The Seattle Times article criticizing the offense felt like an agent-sourced move, and wpuld represent the sort of trigger that would get a HC to ship him off ASAP. That timing feels more real than fights from forever ago.

Gerund fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 19, 2014

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Chichevache posted:

I'd argue that trying to enact change with a retard coach is a good thing and that Harvin's insubordination was coming from a good place. Bevell's play calling is unacceptable and someone needs to change that.

It isn't going to change mid-season, so there is no reason to plant a story in the Times to campaign for your downfield touches. The timeline is pretty much Thursday morning pro-Harvin hit piece -> Friday afternoon trade.

• Locked thread