Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Maybe Percy Harvin is a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Obviously they saw his salary and production and felt he just wasn't worth keeping long term, so they figured they would get what they could. The hawks obviously pulled a play out of the eagles playbook and decided that it was much better from a PR perspective to push the blame squarely on Harvin in a way that meant there was no blowback.

edit: So let me ask you a question, why do you think the Eagles cut Jackson?

Deeming a player not productive after 6 weeks is dumb and the Seahawks aren't dumb. They gave up a lot to get him and gave him an extension so they'd be inclined to give it time. They didn't.

I also don't buy that they'd trade him because the coach looks silly. They let Pete Carroll start Russell Wilson over a free agent QB, and it was much of an eye raiser as I can remember. They don't cave to media scrutiny.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 19, 2014

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Intruder posted:

To afford extending Wilson is my #1 guess and has been from the start

They knew they had to extend Wilson when they gave Harvin an extension. They were counting on him to be a cornerstone of the offense.

Oops.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

I think it's kind of dubious that Percy Harvin was as much of a cancer as Seattle's FO is leading people to believe

You could also attribute a lot of that friction to Harvin's role on the team but idk

If the guy is pulling himself out of the game and refusing to go back in because hes mad at the play calls that's pretty bad. If its true, that is.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 20, 2014

• Locked thread