Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ozu posted:

The anonymous executives slandering a guy on his way out of town is reaching Red Sox/Boston Globe levels of transparency.

I'll give them this, at least they waited until he was gone. Not that I've seen this go the other way kind of recently.

Well mostly gone, I like the idea someone had where he might fail his physical and have to go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Noah posted:

Are there any good faith clauses in trades? Like unknown injuries, is there something similar for non-injuries? For instance if a leak came back to an executive about misconduct or other bill of goods, could that nullify a trade?

This seems like the type of thing that kind of polices itself even if there aren't any specific rules. Like, if...I don't know, the Pats knew Hernandez was a murderer before it became common knowledge and traded him to whoever no one in the world ever trades with that front office again. Five aces bullshit or not.

In this case the "Harvin is a hothead who gets angry a lot" thing Seattle is pushing has been known for a while I think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

There are like no examples of this working out in the NFL within the last 20 years, btw.

I mean I read Redskins fans saying this same thing in like 2003.

You can make an argument for Jared Allen, I'm drawing a blank on others though.

• Locked thread