Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001

mcmagic posted:

So the Jets had zero interest in Desean Jackson when all they had to give up was money and they wait till their season is over to help Seattle dump salary and throw them as much as a second round pick? Idzik just radiates incompetence.

I won't argue against your thought but they didn't help Seattle dump salary. Seattle has to eat the cap hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

effectual posted:

I know they'll need cap space next year, but I don't know if trading Harvin now helps with that or not

?

I don't know contract technicalities.

From what I understand, no. They are saying the Jets can cut him with no cap hit so that must mean all his guaranteed money was paid already. The only benefit the Seahawks get is by not having his base salary on the books next year. Also now that salary cap space transfers to the next year now it doesn't really matter when they traded or cut him.

The cap hit they are taking now is for his signing bonus which is spread over all years of a contract. Seahawks take the hit for the portion assigned to those lost future years. I don't know how much that is compared to his salary for the rest of this year though.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 18, 2014

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think the rumors about him messing with coaches and plays recently is the more likely culprit. Especially since he does have a history of fighting coaches, albeit deserved or not.

• Locked thread