Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Just found out about this. Seriously, what the hell? I don't understand this trade at all. If they were planning to trade him why not do it earlier in the season? Why wait until now to deal him? I hope this doesn't bite Seattle in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Finally, Bryan Walters can unleash his true potential

In all seriousness, I guess this means they think Ricardo Lockette is ready to make the step up to a more full time role. Can't say I agree, but apparently that's where things are going?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Paul Richardson is rarely on plays, so I imagine they're going to start using him more. He was picked for his speed to create separation (you know, the whole reason we wanted Percy to begin with) and hey - Golden Tate was drafted in the 2nd as well. It'll work, right? Right? :smith:

I honestly forgot about Paul Richardson. That about sums up how much he has contributed to the team since he was drafted.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

A conditional 4th is almost nothing. Did we just trade him to prevent a cap hit next year or something? (Aside than the possible off-field reasons) I know we still have it on the books this year.

And is this a sign we might be waving the white flag on this season? Our team is nosediving fast it seems.

The front office is painting it as being done because Harvin is an rear end in a top hat who was more drama than he was worth. Cap certainly may have something to do with it though. There was basically no chance of keeping Wagner on the team next year given their cap situation, but now he should be able to stay. I'm still betting Lynch is still gone next year though.

Fenrir posted:

Man, this is one weird goddamn trade. Maybe the biggest head scratcher I've seen since Randy Moss went to the Patriots for a slightly better 4th rounder than the Packers offered. I think both teams were expecting a bigger offer to come from somewhere and it just didn't happen. In this case though, how in the gently caress did NO ONE offer a straight up 3rd? I know Percy is pretty situational but... drat.

John Clayton reported that it's a "conditional 2nd-4th" round pick. Probably based on his performance over the season. So possibly maybe the trade isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. Still a dumb trade that should have happened at the start of the season.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
It's already been said, but this is likely a cap move being spun as Harvin being a cancer in order for the front office to save face. They don't value him enough to justify the price-tag, and it's unfortunate that they aren't coming out and admitting that.

If there really were any locker room cancer issues going on it's likely more along the lines of friction between Harvin and the coaching staff.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

King Hong Kong posted:

Having the team effectively justify this trade because of some supposed locker room "mutiny" against Wilson is stultifying considering the possible ramifications for the esprit de corps of the team to say nothing of the possibility of inviting unwanted media narratives. The front office deserves to have an actual players' mutiny in response but unfortunately the Seahawks are good enough and seemingly cohesive enough as a team to avoid a proper meltdown.

To be fair there has been a notable lack of chemistry on the offensive side of the ball this year. Whether/How much of that pertains to Harvin is anybodies guess, but something is up with the offense this year and that's not counting the lovely O-line play.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

King Hong Kong posted:

It is entirely possible - even if the stories seem exaggerated in this case - that something is wrong in the locker room. That would also obviously be a reasonable reason to trade a player away or to release that player. However, leaking information about a lack of chemistry within the team does not redound to the front office's credit and should be a red flag to anyone potentially signing a deal with the team.

Definitely, but considering the Hawks are on the hook for all the guaranteed money and the Jets are only losing a 4th (max). "Locker room caner" or no, the Jets are walking away with a really good deal here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

GNU Order posted:

There's actually an impressive number of Hawks posters who didn't just show up because of the Super Bowl

Unfortunately the ones who did show up are the worst kind of posters. Now were all lumped into the same group because of a couple of morons.

• Locked thread