Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So the Jets had zero interest in Desean Jackson when all they had to give up was money and they wait till their season is over to help Seattle dump salary and throw them as much as a second round pick? Idzik just radiates incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

The smear campaign by Seattle is pretty great. I'm willing to bet Golden Tate deserved whatever black eye Harvin gave him though.

You really think that Idzik ripped seattle off?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Barnwell's take...
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-percy-harvin-saga-how-seattle-lost-and-the-jets-won/
Schneider is good friends with Idzik. There's a very good chance he'll be on the roster next year, meaning it's a 4th. Seattle also isn't going to face the Jets until 2016.

How can he possibly say the Jets won the trade before Harvin plays a snap?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

They win because they're paying dirt prices and no future guarantee for an asset valued far beyond cost. Listen I know you really want to poo poo on this one because IDZIK, but the only downside is going into the offseason $55m under the cap instead of $62m. At the very least they'll get a clearer picture of what Geno is before they have to make a decision.

No I don't want to poo poo on it. It's a no brainer move. They actually have 2 NFL WR's now. The context of the whole thing, the timing is just odd paired with the way they bungled the offseason is annoying. I also don't have any kind of faith in their ability to judge Smith's progress.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 20, 2014

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I have to say, out of Bevell and Harvin if you were you ask me who was more likely to be a Jet in 2014 going forward I would've never said Harvin, the Jets got the MUCH better end of that deal.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

lol. Seriously, this is the kind of beat writing NY fans have to deal with.

Lol. Manish should stick to making GBS threads on Idzik's drafts. Now that, I can get behind. (To be fair he isn't the jets beat writer anymore)

• Locked thread