Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Paul Richardson is rarely on plays, so I imagine they're going to start using him more. He was picked for his speed to create separation (you know, the whole reason we wanted Percy to begin with) and hey - Golden Tate was drafted in the 2nd as well. It'll work, right? Right? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

HappyHelmet posted:

I honestly forgot about Paul Richardson. That about sums up how much he has contributed to the team since he was drafted.

It's pretty much seattletopdraftpicks.txt since the beginning of the PC/JS era.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
on paper, Harvin's production is not worth what we paid. But I wonder what it'd look like if all those TDs he got in the Washington game weren't negated.

Also, people saying Richardson won't produce - it's hard to tell. Seattle is notoriously fickle with their rookie offensive players (aside from RW). Christine Michael only got rushes in garbage time last year, and all the rookie O-line players didn't play till late in the season. They're highly underutilized.

Edit: Jesus christ Harvin is an rear end in a top hat. Why didn't we know this when we traded a 1st, 3rd and 7th for him?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I can't wait for Percy Harvin to kinkshame Rex Ryan's foot fetish.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Losing Harvin won't sink the team since we made it through last season without him save 2 and a half games, but this season lacks Golden Tate which is a big problem.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
One thing to point out was that Doug Baldwin had 7 catches for 123 yards and a TD yesterday. Note, his highest yards this season before that was 56 yards.

I think the offense will be fine. They eventually found their rhythm in the 2nd half, but the biggest issue isn't their WR corps, it's their o-line not protecting Wilson and being a magnet for flags.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently a lot of Harvin's angst was that he wasn't being used in downfield plays. Instead he kept getting the sweep / bubble screen treatment to the point where he said "screw it I'm out" and pulled himself out of plays.

So there was a distrust created between Harvin and Wilson that came about because Bevell couldn't use Harvin correctly. For one, I can understand Harvin's frustration, but being an rear end and pulling yourself out of plays (especially when plays are designed with your presence in mind) is a pretty terrible thing to do. It's for the best that he's gone, but if we had utilized him properly to begin, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pete Carroll said this in an interview wi th the Seattle Times a year ago about changing perception:

quote:

"OK, let me give you an illustration," Carroll says. "Let's say, after all the stuff that we heard about what was going on in Iraq, we sent 10,000 people to Iraq as peacefully as we could go. And we walked wherever they would let us go, and we just talked to people and listened to what their issues were. And then we tried to figure out the best way we could support them and change things, as opposed to bombing (expletive) thousands of people with shock and awe. It might've taken us longer to influence change, but nobody would've died. And the power that we could've generated by just being willing to listen and see if there was a way we could answer their call and help them, whatever they wanted.

"Not tell them what to do. Not change them. Just help them go where they wanted to go. What if we had done that? How much money would that have cost us? Give me a thousand peace workers that would go over and do that. Just listen and talk. Think of what we could've done, as opposed to killing hundreds of thousands of people or whatever we did. And leave the wrath of what we did."

Carroll is trembling with intensity. His eye contact is so powerful that you can't look away from him.

Turn left Pete nooooo

• Locked thread