Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The anonymous executives slandering a guy on his way out of town is reaching Red Sox/Boston Globe levels of transparency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The smear campaign by Seattle is pretty great. I'm willing to bet Golden Tate deserved whatever black eye Harvin gave him though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

David Nelson is getting cut as a result. Nelson is a fantastic human being and does great things for orphans in Haiti. I just don't want him starting at WR for my football team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jackson also has guaranteed money through 2016. Not Idzik's MO. Harvin has no guaranteed money beyond this year. Also, FWIW...

@BrianCoz
The reports on the conditional pick the Jets sent to Seattle are not accurate, I'm told. What has been reported is too high. #nyj
I'm not sure of exact parameters of the conditional pick but it won't go as high as second round, per source.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 18, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Come on. A loving 6th rounder and $0 guaranteed money after this year? How are people still ripping the Jets? That's ludicrous.

Anyone who does is an rear end in a top hat.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Atlanta also traded a late 1st to the Jets for John Abraham. He was absolutely worth it. Jets got Nick Mangold out of the deal. Also worth it.

TubeStank posted:

Good Wide Receivers aren't terribly hard to come by.
:smith:

Last awesome WR we had was Keyshawn.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This doesn't seem all that concerning to me.

@KMart_LI
Michael Robinson, who was one of the SEA players who broke up Percy/Golden fight, said Harvin is "a very private guy, a no-nonsense guy."
Robinson on Percy: "He’s a guy u like on ur team. He doesn’t play around much. He can be difficult at times to get along with."
Robinson never had a problem w/ Percy, but said Harvin fit in "a lil bit" in SEA + realized he wasn’t going to be “the main show” on offense
Robinson said fights b/t teammates happen all the time. "The concerning part is, this actually got out. ...it’s disheartening," he said.

@RapSheet
Percy Harvin talks to @MikeVick once a week, considers him a mentor. The hope is that the #Jets QB will ease Harvin’s transition to NY.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I like that African AIDS cum has started meta-trolling his own fanbase.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Harvin will be wearing #16 if anyone cares.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Barnwell's take...
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-percy-harvin-saga-how-seattle-lost-and-the-jets-won/

NC-17 posted:

The more I think about this the more I wonder how the hell Seattle only got a 6th for Percy Harvin. I can think of a dozen FO's that should have jumped at a chance for a player like that. It doesn't make sense.
Schneider is good friends with Idzik. There's a very good chance he'll be on the roster next year, meaning it's a 4th. Seattle also isn't going to face the Jets until 2016.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

How can he possibly say the Jets won the trade before Harvin plays a snap?
They win because they're paying dirt prices and no future guarantee for an asset valued far beyond cost. Listen I know you really want to poo poo on this one because IDZIK, but the only downside is going into the offseason $55m under the cap instead of $62m. At the very least they'll get a clearer picture of what Geno is before they have to make a decision.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

quote:

@AlbertBreer
Percy Harvin on Rex: "I love him. Love him, love him." Said they met predraft. :unsmith:

Harvin asked if his deployment in Seattle was a source of frustration: "It definitely was. ... I wanted to get downfield a little bit more."
Jives with the Barnwell article...

quote:

Virtually every one of Harvin’s touches in the passing game came within five yards of the line of scrimmage. I only counted four passes past the sticks to Harvin in five weeks: a deep crossing route that went for 33 yards, an interception on a deep out (on what looked like a coverage misread from Russell Wilson), and a pair of passes negated by penalties, including a 41-yard touchdown pass up the seam, one of three Harvin touchdowns wiped off the board in Washington. Harvin was otherwise never thrown a go route or even a deep curl against teams scared of his speed. Crucially, there was never a play where Wilson improvised, got out of the pocket, and found Harvin for any sort of downfield pass.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Come on. Look at that goddamn tracksuit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

At his NY press availability today, Harvin copped to both Tate and Baldwin fights but flat out denied refusing to go back into the Cowboys game. Who knows.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brannock posted:

Did he mention anything else?

Standard stuff. Nothing but respect for Russell Wilson, not being used downfield caused a lot of frustration with him and the coaching staff. Also admitted to the fights but downplayed them as no big deal and were squashed almost immediately. Said locker room fights happen.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol. Seriously, this is the kind of beat writing NY fans have to deal with.

Manish Mehta posted:

The winding, treacherous path inside Percy Harvin’s head is filled with anger.

Say the wrong thing and you might get body slammed into a locker room hamper. Act the wrong way and you might get a shiner. Don’t give him the ball enough and you might pay the price.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

Well considering he bodyslammed Doug Baldwin, gave Golden Tate a black eye, and took himself out of games, what part is inaccurate?
According to Tate, the black eye, and according to Harvin, the taking himself out of games. Just those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tom Ley is pretty awesome.

http://deadspin.com/heres-how-9-11-truther-pete-carroll-would-have-prevente-1649321129

quote:

This plan may seem a little out there to you right now, what with it not even being lunch time yet and the harsh glare of the fluorescent lights making it difficult to think. But if you get really stoned tonight and revisit that passage again, I guarantee you it will be the realest poo poo you've ever read.

• Locked thread