Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm unhappy about how poorly the Seahawks utilized Harvin and the wasted cap space but this might be the best solution - admit that it wasn't working and move on. The Seahawks haven't made many poor personnel decisions of late. It just seems like such a wasted opportunity.

Bevell's play calling and our dogshit o-line are still there so I don't expect things to improve.

Edit:

The Seattle Times had a article on the front page of the sports section today about how the Seahawks haven't been using Harvin properly.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

wheez the roux posted:

everything about this trade is dumb as gently caress and any of harvin's shortcomings int he offense are entirely the fault of bevell. harvin might not be as good as people think but it is impossible to make an informed judgement when his time has been spent with a garbage 0-line ans darrell fuckshit turdman bevell as confounding factors

i am loving flabbergasted

If nothing else this is going to put a ton of attention on Bevell. I mean people have been grumbling about him for so long already so maybe this will force some changes. I doubt it, but maybe.

Pete's explanations about the play calling and failure to use Lynch and Harvin in critical situations haven't made any sense to me. But I'm just a random dude so what do I know.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 18, 2014

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shiksa posted:

So the Seahawks receivers now have a combined 3014 career yards, 2119 of which are Baldwin. That should work, right?

Wilson gets no time and the receivers we have can't get separation. Harvin was the only dude with speed.

We have Baldwin and Kearse as our top receiving threats. Yeah, doesn't look good.

• Locked thread