Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a few other bells and whistles but the main content is just one more army. they just offered 2 new armies for 20 a few months ago and i think that's charging too much for a band-aid on their lovely rear end broken game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Does anyone play CoH 2

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Is it any good

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

is this game and its representation of Russian/Soviets illegal in Russia?

If it isnt, it should be

~BECAUSE IT IS "GAY"~

Heh heh, man gave myself a chuckle-ulcer from that one.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Dandywalken posted:

is this game and its representation of Russian/Soviets illegal in Russia?

If it isnt, it should be

~BECAUSE IT IS "GAY"~

Heh heh, man gave myself a chuckle-ulcer from that one.

:stare:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

There was that bigass series of complaints from Russia about the Soviets being portrayed in a bad light in a bad game's campaign. It was banned from stores, or at least not sold in protest or some such bullshit.

The game itself is still pretty broken apparently. And $40 for a new army is just loving retarded.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Jackie D posted:

Is it any good

Yeah

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
relic are expert shitcrafters, able to mold diarrhea into shapes that resemble games perfectly until you start 'em up at which point they melt everywhere and i don't give a poo poo about this metaphor anymore they're dumb and bad

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Dandywalken posted:

There was that bigass series of complaints from Russia about the Soviets being portrayed in a bad light in a bad game's campaign. It was banned from stores, or at least not sold in protest or some such bullshit.

The game itself is still pretty broken apparently. And $40 for a new army is just loving retarded.

the campaign is really badly done and written so, i'd be offended about it as well

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

I want you to stick that green spotted egg up my ass so I can incubate it
Frankly it's not enough, IMHO. We should be honoured that they would allow us to field green doughboys into battle, leading them to a devastating victory against elite SS troops wielding 88s and MG42s.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Doctor Goat posted:

relic are expert shitcrafters, able to mold diarrhea into shapes that resemble games perfectly until you start 'em up at which point they melt everywhere and i don't give a poo poo about this metaphor anymore they're dumb and bad

CoH1 was actually really good, although the OF armies (well, at least the british) are bad.

I really don't like CoH2 though, it's a mess with stupid poo poo such as AT guns beating infantry squads and free to play mechanics.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Falsum posted:

CoH1 was actually really good, although the OF armies (well, at least the british) are bad.

I really don't like CoH2 though, it's a mess with stupid poo poo such as AT guns beating infantry squads and free to play mechanics.

CoH2 multiplayer as allies: if you don't win in 15-20 minutes you have already lost because they are calling in their I WIN tanks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
oh yeah, the allies also have to do way more micro than germany to win so good loving luck dealing with that while every balance patch keeps torpedoing allies because some axis player managed to lose his king tiger to a really stupid mistake

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i tried to play it while it was free and it wouldn't start so i uninstalled it after 5 minutes. welp, that's my story.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Triple A posted:

CoH2 multiplayer as allies: if you don't win in 15-20 minutes you have already lost because they are calling in their I WIN tanks

Russians have a better Sherman tank than US

US tanks suck and they didn't even bring the Pershing back

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
they could have done the game way better if their design team didn't rely on wehraboo myths and hollywood films as their main source for game design and balance

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I bought that game on sale awhile ago but still haven't played it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Triple A posted:

they could have done the game way better if their design team didn't rely on wehraboo myths and hollywood films as their main source for game design and balance

That's what I liked about the first one though? It felt like saving private Ryan the video game.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

drilldo squirt posted:

That's what I liked about the first one though? It felt like saving private Ryan the video game.

CoH1 was also designed by competent people who actually made some good decisions to keep both factions viable thru the whole battle

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
All I used to do I build riflemen and a poo poo tone of arty and then laugh.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Triple A posted:

wehraboo myths

wot's this word.

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

Wehraboo.

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

I'm sorry, I don't say this often, but could we please get a Permaban in here? Thank you.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

wot's this word.

guys who like WWII germans and nazis pretty much. like in a weird, obsessive way.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jackie D posted:

Is it any good

no

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Dandywalken posted:

guys who like WWII germans and nazis pretty much. like in a weird, obsessive way.

Ohhhhh so a mashup of weeaboo and wehrmacht.

I learn something new every day.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

OkieMurse posted:

Ohhhhh so a mashup of weeaboo and wehrmacht.

I learn something new every day.

they also make up 85% of the coh2 playerbase hence extreme axis bias

Soral
May 30, 2009

what is coh2

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
wouldn't a more lucrative business model be to charge their players forty bucks for an ustashe army that lets players hack serbs apart with agricultural tools

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Bobnumerotres posted:

they also make up 85% of the coh2 playerbase hence extreme axis bias

They make up a significant portion of every multiplayer game set in World War 2, to be quite honest.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

what is coh2

bad game Company of Heroes 2

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Dandywalken posted:

you forgot the other half of the description, that is thinking that german everything is the best at everything and acting like a loving bitch every time a game models their actual weaknesses

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i ran out of memory in soulstorm once

i had 16gb of RAM and Soulstorm requires 128mb but it managed to hit the 32bit limit from a memory leak and explode. and it always does that. no matter what.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
my biggest complaint about it though is that it doesn't even feel like eastern front since there's no melee combat and loads of other things that made that front such a brutal battle of the giants

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

No

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
COH2is free for another day on steam. Gonna try it out. Why is it 35 gigs though? Jesus.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

OP that's insane value, Blizzard charges you 40 loving dollars for no new armies.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

OP that's insane value, Blizzard charges you 40 loving dollars for no new armies.

well theres new units for every class and a pretty fun SP campaign. SC2 is also not irredeemable filth imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

SC2 is quite worse than CoH2 imho

• Locked thread