Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Only difference I've noticed is that in the very last scene they've shown Lavalette's face clearly while in actual episode 6 it was more shadowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So that's what happens when Pazuzu brings his A-game. Pretty impressive, considering how badly he got punked by our heroes.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Not that much happened this episode, but this show is cool enough that I would watch it without subtitles.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Mercrom posted:

Not that much happened this episode

What?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Things happened but the plot didn't move forward much compared to the other episodes. They are still in the same place and in pretty much the same situation. The main guys got revenge on their fathers' killer and finally reconciled for real, and the entire entire episode centered on this. Nothing else really important happened.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That's a pretty dang important thing for the characters!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Great anime continues to be great. I wish Favaro's use of tail was better foreshadowed, but that is a pretty tiny nitpick. Great character development, ridiculous animation, and creative action. I wish those mecha hadn't gotten punked so hard, but it's not a robot show.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Was Kaisar not wearing pants this episode? Does he normally not wear pants? Am I simply a bad observer of panted status? When are he and Favaro going to make out?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Was Kaisar not wearing pants this episode? Does he normally not wear pants? Am I simply a bad observer of panted status? When are he and Favaro going to make out?

Kaisar is wearing pants but apparently also a unitard over his pants?? It's weird.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm pretty sure he's always worn a codpiece over white pants. Kaiser knows the importance of protecting his balls.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, armoured codpieces over the trousers were actually pretty common for real-world soldiers and mercenaries in the time period that this show's fashion sense is largely based off. Google 'landsknecht' for some entertainingly bulgy examples. There's a lot of major blood vessels around there. Getting a sword to the junk is bad news for more reasons than the obvious.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I mean it's just shaped like underwear so I'm going to go ahead and say it isn't a codpiece but a weird piece of inexplicable character design.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The king has a really feminine scream.

Also, some incredible character designs in this episode; our new crop of villains look like an insane amount of hassle to animate.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the revelation that Amira is like, eight years old. Hopefully this means that any romance arc is off the table.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Squidster posted:

The king has a really feminine scream.

Also, some incredible character designs in this episode; our new crop of villains look like an insane amount of hassle to animate.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the revelation that Amira is like, eight years old. Hopefully this means that any romance arc is off the table.

Anime. No hope.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Did Favaro ever wear his stupid hat, or is he just using it like a cape?

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Wearing it like a cape is still wearing it :colbert:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Just started watching this and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, although I'm still curious about what Kaisar has against Favaro. I thought it would be that Favaro caused his family to lose its fortune in some way, but as of the end of the third episode(which is where I am), that doesn't seem to be the reason.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it gets explained

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So, did everyone stop watching this then, considering there hasn't been a post in a week and a half?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm a few episodes behind. That two part episode kinda killed a fair amount of my interest in the show. And that week break in-between those two episodes certainly didn't help.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It doesn't feel like there's really much to discuss at this point anyway.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

personally i just haven't watched the latest episode because it's not on crunchyroll and so im too lazy to uh, legally stream it from funimation

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lots of cool stuff happened and the plot is going exactly as everybody predicted it would.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I got caught up and don't have anything to say v:shobon:v

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Elyv posted:

I got caught up and don't have anything to say v:shobon:v

Yeah, that's kind of the issue with the show. It's a great show but it's fairly predictable so there's not much one can say aside from "wow that was some good animation" which doesn't make for riveting conversation.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Another thing is, I think the show is less entertaining than it was in the beginning as the tone has shifted. The first half almost felt like more of a comedy, driven by Favaro's desperate attempt to not be portrayed as a liar and Kaisar's hate of Favaro, along with Amira's quest to get to Helheim. Since Episode 6 or so it's been closer to standard fantasy and I think the show has suffered a little for it; in particular, I would have liked Kaisar's and Favaro's reconciliation to have happened in the climax. I think we could have gotten another time or two of Kaisar coming out of nowhere to chase Favaro without it getting old or feeling forced. The show is still very good, however.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I thought 7 had some great moments, but I'll agree that the show is trying to be more serious about its plot now and it's not as compelling because of it.

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism
Agreed. I was kind of hoping the Cowboy Bebop comparisons would extend to the format of the show as well. Ideally, something like:

Ep. 1: Hijinks plus character/plot intro

Ep. 2-5: Hijinks

Ep. 6: Mid-season plot development

Ep. 7-10: Hijinks

Ep. 11-12: Plot/climax

All the Jeanne D'Arc/military/kingdom politics/demon schemes would continue to be in the cold opens and otherwise ignored until they intersected with the main cast in the climax.

Episode 10 was pretty good, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In this episode, Favaro gets frenched by Gene Simmons. More Martinet gifs, please.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Any word of a release date for the OST? The only thing in English Google turns up is a bonus CD that comes with the first volume of the BDs in January, but that's probably not the soundtrack.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Favaro finally gets some action. :quagmire:

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Pfffft

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I've gotta say, the ED song for this show is my favorite this season by far.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, I too let a couple episodes pile up after the recap episode, just binged through them all right now. Show's still good, and I really like it! The latest episode in particular was really good, with Azazel coming back, Favaro getting frenched, Amira finally meeting her mother, it was all good stuff. I also like how the OP and ED makes more and more sense after every episode. The ED in particular is getting really cruel now.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I had also forgotten about this show until the thread was bumped. At this point the plot feels less like plot and more like the director going through a checklist of game cards that the investors want to appear in a 12 episode anime adaption of their franchise.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't really felt that way at all

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I'm curious how you got that feeling, there's been a lot of character development and even plot reveals that all work toward a singular common thread: the revival of Bahamut. The episodes have had less hijinks for sure, but I'm fairly certain the quality is still up there.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
drat, I was not expecting episode 10 at all. I was expecting something, but not that.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Fully expecting Favaro to just shrug off the demon french kiss transformation since he was already kind of a demon due to Amira's curse :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Man when this show wants to cover some ground, it covers some goddamn ground!

The Chaika D&D parallels seem deepen as Amira learns she is just a tool to facilitate a reincarnation. I guess heaven is too preoccupied containing Bahamut to help Jeanne?

• Locked thread