Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

1. The One Direction dating game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkAPcXsLPBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Mario

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
tetris

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

battletoads

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I can think of many, OP.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dragons dogma

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The original American kings field (kf2 in nippon) was pretty tough. Also I think demons souls was harder

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Little Mermaid for NES

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

vampire rain

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

my dick is harder than dark souls

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ninja Gaiden

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Contra III

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Little Mermaid for NES

its not that hard actually

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ForeverSmug posted:

its not that hard actually
Nobody has ever beaten it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tenchu stealth assassin

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Call of Duty 4

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Heart of the Reich on veteran was way harder than anything I can remember in a Souls game

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
:gas:

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it's a real, well.. you know...

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
the shittiest bullet hell is harder than dark souls

loving bokosuka wars is harder than dark souls

my dead grandmother's nipple with her lifelong lover's dead dong in her face is harder than dark souls

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
can i please live in a reality where dark souls is still a unique game, fairly unknown and unspoiled by motherfuckers with access to the internet

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Ninja Gaiden (NES), any Mega Man game pre-MM6...actually, most NES games.

The reason Dark Souls is "hard" is because it requires patience, observation, and some strategy, and isn't afraid to punish you for death. These are things most modern games have abandoned in favor of simple, easy-to-learn gameplay with frequent checkpoints.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

matrix ripoff posted:

can i please live in a reality where dark souls is still a unique game, fairly unknown and unspoiled by motherfuckers with access to the internet

The gently caress is this hipster poo poo

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Mach2 posted:

The reason Dark Souls is "hard" is because it requires patience, observation, and some strategy, and isn't afraid to punish you for death. These are things most modern games have abandoned in favor of simple, easy-to-learn gameplay with frequent checkpoints.

and modern gaming has benefited from this turn

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

matrix ripoff posted:

rofl this was literally never the case. Maybe for Demon's Souls but there was a lot of pre-release anticipation for Dark Souls.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I uh I hate it when games get exposure that I enjoy because *snort* I'm a mulatto with incontinence that can't stand the thought of fun being shared

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Lumpy the Cook posted:

rofl this was literally never the case. Maybe for Demon's Souls but there was a lot of pre-release anticipation for Dark Souls.

let's measure dicks to see who came in where concerning from software's output; it'll be a gas

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

you're mom

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Dark Souls is just easy enough for the average gamer to beat with some practice and persistence. For every 1000 people who FAQed their way though Dark Souls maybe one or two could 2-ALL you average 90's shmup, or even a platformer like Ghouls and Ghosts. Different eras.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
dark souls was better before the whole planet played it and made ten billion youtube videos about it; sorry it's true

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

let's measure dicks to see who came in where concerning from software's output; it'll be a gas

what the gently caress does this mean

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Saagonsa posted:

what the gently caress does this mean

he wants to show you his pee pee

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"I liked Dark Souls, but their first album was better. They're too mainstream now."

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

he wants to show you his pee pee

He should post his dick.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

matrix ripoff posted:

and modern gaming has benefited from this turn

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

matrix ripoff posted:

dark souls was better before the whole planet played it and made ten billion youtube videos about it; sorry it's true

Having lots of people share their experiences with a game doesn't actually diminish the game's actual value at all; you're mentally retarded.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
you're right; i deliberately choose to be wrong and be angry at people loving up my enjoyment of a thing. got a problem?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

matrix ripoff posted:

To be fair five or six of those billions of vids are pretty good.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

matrix ripoff posted:

you're right; i deliberately choose to be wrong and be angry at people loving up my enjoyment of a thing. got a problem?

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My ten year old nephew cleared half of undead burg without dying I'm pretty sure this game isn't that hard

• Locked thread