Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm using a 360 controller currently. I'm kind of afraid of upgrading due to not knowing what games will and won't be compatible with a DS4/Xbone controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I use the ds4 and it's pretty great. It doesn't work with every game though (notably: Dark Souls :( )

does it work with most games

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
afaik every problem with the ds4 and pc games has some fix available but you have to do some googling

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Wireless 360 pad here, don't use it for much but when I do I cum a rainbow everytime

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i use http://www.fc30.com/eng/

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Master System / NES pads that had harsh square corners were not good as a kid, they fuckin hurt man

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dont grip your controllers so tight

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

elf help book posted:

dont grip your controllers so tight

If a pad isn't a pile of dust and sparking wires at the end of your gaming session you aren't committed enough

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im a chill gamer

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

elf help book posted:

im a chill gamer

Same really :)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hey everybody a DS4 is really good for PC gaming.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

are those sentient piles of goo?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Great Joe posted:

are those sentient piles of goo?

I don't see any.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Konata is very chill.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I used a 360 controller before but once I started using my ds3 I can't go back. xbox controllers just suck. really want a ds4 now, it feels good.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

What does the Xbone controller look like again? I just use the 360.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Parallax Scroll posted:

hows the dpad on it, i never used a bone pad

its actually real good. works well for spelunky

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I haven't tried the xbone, but I looked at both in the store and got the ps4. I hooked it up to some Duck Tales for some pogo stick testing.

I died a lot. I suck a videogames.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Konata is very chill.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
I use 360.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...Oh1lJmQ5Fai5iJw here's boner controllers for $40

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

mail in rebates blow but thanks

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
gross, i didn't notice it was mail-in

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i ended up going with an xbox one pad. its very good. games treat it like a 360 pad which is fine since the layout is the same, and the dpad actually works

Dec 26, 2012

i actually just bought one this week too, and it owns

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

someday i will get off my rear end and buy the thing that makes the wii u pro work with a pc, because it's the best

Be careful wit this, I did exactly that and the one company that does the pc wireless receiver dongle for the controller have matched the buttons literally. As in, The A B X and Y buttons are still the A B X and Y on the WiiU Pro controller despite the button layout being different. It's extremely confusing and can't be switched. Now you can have the experience of having the run and jump buttons switched for no good reason in all your games instead of keeping that stuff exclusive to lovely NES garbage games made by LJN.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i use my ds3, btich

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I'd like a dual shock more if they replaced those lovely malformed grips on it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
they're good, and not bad

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
i use a 360 pad and probably will for the forseeable future

native support for near everything + too much time invested into getting used to its analog for fightgames

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i think the controller shape is slightly less comfortable than the 360, but 360 was a really comfy pad so that just means it went from hella comfortable to just pretty comfortable. maybe i'll get used to it. but having a good dpad is pretty important so i'm ok with that

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I miss the Gravis Gamepad

Dec 26, 2012

in what way are the shoulder buttons a step back? the only difference i can notice is that theyre a little further up so they don't sit quite as naturally

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

A Meat posted:

I use a Logitech F310, it's wired and has a really good d-pad, and works basically with everything.

I got one of these too, it's cheap but feels good, and takes no effort to get working with whatever emulators. Also feels proper to be gaming with random third party junk rather than diluting my experience with xbox poo poo. How could you play a game from a developer like Sega with Microsoft hardware and not want to shoot yourself for falsely gaming? Heartless.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
people in the ps4 thread in games who buy 360 pad replacements to put in their ds4... god loving drat it lmfao

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

dpad replacements? :stonk:

literally a true thing that people do

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

literally a true thing that people do

i literally dont believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU