Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
people in the ps4 thread in games who buy 360 pad replacements to put in their ds4... god loving drat it lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

dpad replacements? :stonk:

literally a true thing that people do

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i literally dont believe it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
just read the ps4 megathread op... lmao

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

people in the ps4 thread in games who buy 360 pad replacements to put in their ds4... god loving drat it lmfao

:staredog:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

actually mad right now

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pomp posted:

actually mad right now

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

the 360 dpad feels a lot better than the playstation dpads for fighting games but there aren't any fighting games for ps4 yet so

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
lol if u dont use a usb genesis controller

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

the 360 dpad feels a lot better than the playstation dpads for fighting games but there aren't any fighting games for ps4 yet so

it feels nice but it's bad at inputting the direction you want

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

dualshocks are nice too but i like the more ergonomic shape of xbox controllers, so now that they make one with a good dpad its a good choice imo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Parallax Scroll posted:

the more ergonomic shape of xbox controllers
youre entitled 2 your opinion but

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I use a wii u pro controller for pc games now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

what the gently caress

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why would you ever use a 360 dpad for a fighting game

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Parallax Scroll posted:

it feels nice but it's bad at inputting the direction you want

yeah I said it feels better not it works better

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress is your your problem

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

it's more comfortable but it is really lovely

chill your poo poo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pomp posted:

what the gently caress is your your problem

the xbox dpad has nw ne sw se presses while the ps dpad requires xtreme holding of 2 buttons. im not agreeing with the post but there u go

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

it's more comfortable but it is really lovely

chill your poo poo

i'm not mad just confused, but you better buy xrd or then i will be mad

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Pomp posted:

i'm not mad just confused, but you better buy xrd or then i will be mad

I got a ps4 stick for it so yeah I'm getting it.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Gamecube controller had the most comfortable grips.

Also why doesn't everyone use octagonal gates on the joysticks what the hell.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I got a ps4 stick for it so yeah I'm getting it.

aw yes

Concordat posted:

Gamecube controller had the most comfortable grips.

Also why doesn't everyone use octagonal gates on the joysticks what the hell.

because the only people who need octagonal gates are people who ride the gate (which is slow and bad), they make your diagonals iffy, and you'll have no idea how to play on a normal gate if you have to borrow someone's stick.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Pomp posted:

because the only people who need octagonal gates are people who ride the gate (which is slow and bad), they make your diagonals iffy, and you'll have no idea how to play on a normal gate if you have to borrow someone's stick.

What are those pictures showing? The amount of area the stick can cover and hit the contacts for the direction?

I've never tried to use anything except a standard square gate because that seems like a huge hassle to change on the stick.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I got a bone pad when my 360 pad broke because I was 90% sure that the break was in the wire and you make a bone pad wired by plugging in a regular USB cable so if there's a break in the wire I can just throw it out and buy another cord for next to nothing from monoprice

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

What are those pictures showing? The amount of area the stick can cover and hit the contacts for the direction?

I've never tried to use anything except a standard square gate because that seems like a huge hassle to change on the stick.

That's exactly it.

Here's a big write up on what the different types of gates are good for

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

zen death robot posted:

Look if you're gonna get all weird about it play on the original console or just stop acting like there's a good reason to play on a piece of poo poo controller beyond just being a cheapass.

I use emulators whenever I'm away from my original consoles. Does your jaw hurt from how much stretching it has to do to accommodate the enormous size of the Xbox while your sucking it off.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Cobweb Heart posted:

I use emulators whenever I'm away from my original consoles. Does your jaw hurt from how much stretching it has to do to accommodate the enormous size of the Xbox while your sucking it off.

fail

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I got a Logitech F510. It's like the F310 but it vibrates. Only problem is, Logitech discontinued it. Other than that, it's pretty great.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

I don't know what any of that meant but I was talking about joypads having circle gates (Dual Shock, 360) instead of literally anything else.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I use a PS2 controller mapped as a 360 controller and it basically owns.

I also have a SNES controller adapter and a Wii U Pro controller adapter that I use sometimes.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im trying to find a snes usb adapter that ships to europe but its hard to find one that doesnt have garbage reviews

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

don't use Xbox controller. its too big.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Phantasium posted:

I use a PS2 controller mapped as a 360 controller and it basically owns.
I used to have an adapter that did this but there were two kinds of drivers for it: The generic Windows one that didn't do analog buttons or rumble, and the official one that did both of those things but also made some games hang if it was plugged in and also caused random bluescreens.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Faxanadu posted:

don't use Xbox controller. its too big.

i used the controller d as an arcade stick by laying it on a table for fightgames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

lol if u dont use a usb genesis controller

serious question are there any good ones? genesis and saturn pads were really great and im looking for a good usb ones which won't shatter after week

• Locked thread