Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

Gotta go with crab tank come on

Gonna make that av size when I get home. Wtf at sa not taking PayPal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

this is the best I could do, thoughts?

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Kazvall posted:

this is the best I could do, thoughts?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

:swoon:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
4 and 5 had rad music. and 5 had a cool end boss. Not nearly as rad as 3's but it is hard to think of any game that can top that.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Rocket Launcher

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

GNU Order posted:

Rocket Lawncherrrr

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The part where Goku helps you kill the final boss spaceship in X is epic.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

That dude looks a lot more like Master Roshi than Goku.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

gently caress yeah Metal Slug

Dig in

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Getting fat is one of the best powerups in gaming.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Getting fat is one of the best powerups in gaming.
drat straight

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

UH-OH, BIIIIIIIIIIIIG

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
what's the best way to play all the Metal Slug games nowadays?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
mame multiplayer

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Always pick Tarma, unless your friend beat you to him, then pick Eri

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Arian_Samurai posted:

Beat up your friend and force him to pick someone less cool

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Metal Slug is why new 2d platformers still get the cautious benefit of the doubt until they end up proving themselves to inevitably be not as good as Metal Slug.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

This tabletop gaming shop I go to has an arcade machine with a bunch of 3DO games on it. The guys swtiches up the boards every few months, but there's always a Metal Slug game on it. It's awesome.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i <3 metal slug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udc701ZyM3o

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its good

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Mr Tastee posted:

This tabletop gaming shop I go to has an arcade machine with a bunch of 3DO games on it. The guys swtiches up the boards every few months, but there's always a Metal Slug game on it. It's awesome.

bot for him. present thy rear end

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a bunch of 3DO games on it

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
"ROCKET LAWNCHAIR"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

heavy machinegun

I also like Fio

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i played a shitload of metal slug x one semester. never got good enough at the final stage to 1cc the game but i could do stages 1-5 on one life.

that's my metal slug x story

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

I wonder why the two new characters in Metal Slug 4 have the glitches they do. I would have assumed it would have just been a sprite swap.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Concordat posted:

I wonder why the two new characters in Metal Slug 4 have the glitches they do. I would have assumed it would have just been a sprite swap.

what glitches?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

You guys need to play Gunforce 2. AKA Metal Slug before Metal Slug Existed Yet.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Will I miss any of the story if I don't play Gunforce 1?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Looper posted:

Will I miss any of the story if I don't play Gunforce 1?
You will miss the story of you being really sad.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

It's weird playing Metal Slug 2 and X back-to-back, because they use pretty much the same levels, but X improves so much that it feels like a completely different game.

They changed the time of day in each stage so you'd know at a glance which version it is, added new weapons and gave them to you earlier so you'd see what they were useful for (such as the enemy chaser attacking both the turrets at the top of the screen and the soldiers at the bottom without you needing to even aim, or the iron lizards going along the sloped floor in the pyramid stage), made it easier to become fat, and added new enemies like the mummy dogs.

Most importantly, it added the much more bombastic announcer, and fixed almost all of the slowdown from the original. I can't pick a favourite between it and 3, because I'm not sure if I prefer having branching pathways or just being able to see all the content in one go.

I used to play these on my PS2 and PSP copies of the anthology collection, but now I use retroarch since it's much easier to set up than MAME. Metal Slug Anthology not being on the EU Vita store is terrible.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

It's weird playing Metal Slug 2 and X back-to-back, because they use pretty much the same levels, but X improves so much that it feels like a completely different game.

They changed the time of day in each stage so you'd know at a glance which version it is, added new weapons and gave them to you earlier so you'd see what they were useful for (such as the enemy chaser attacking both the turrets at the top of the screen and the soldiers at the bottom without you needing to even aim, or the iron lizards going along the sloped floor in the pyramid stage), made it easier to become fat, and added new enemies like the mummy dogs.

Most importantly, it added the much more bombastic announcer, and fixed almost all of the slowdown from the original. I can't pick a favourite between it and 3, because I'm not sure if I prefer having branching pathways or just being able to see all the content in one go.

I used to play these on my PS2 and PSP copies of the anthology collection, but now I use retroarch since it's much easier to set up than MAME. Metal Slug Anthology not being on the EU Vita store is terrible.

3 is an excellent game but finishing an entire playthrough of it can get tedious. i find x to be the more fun one to just blast through.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

gotta agree. 3 has some pretty great bosses and all, but by the time i get to level 5 i'm burnt out on the game.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Arian_Samurai posted:

If you don't pick Fio I don't know what's wrong with you

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im always either marco or tarma

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

psyman posted:

what's the best way to play all the Metal Slug games nowadays?
neo geo :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Great Joe posted:

You guys need to play Gunforce 2. AKA Metal Slug before Metal Slug Existed Yet.

Hahaha I love the dude just loving throwing missiles

• Locked thread