Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

PoorHobo posted:

Acting Pros:
Good Pay

I can't speak to what EOD wages are, but as to acting I can say there is a 99% certainty you will not make it as a "successful" actor with multiple gigs, and of the 100+ "successful" actors I personally know, I can count on maybe two hands how many are able to survive just on acting. Almost all of them have day jobs in unrelated fields, and a precious lucky few will have day jobs in entertainment, writing, directing, editing and producing.

It is a loving brutal field.

There are reasons to want be an actor, but making a living is not one of them.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Veskit posted:

Regardless of how dumb it is, there's no better time than to follow a dream than now and it sucks having people actively encourage you away from something like that. You've done the best you can when you give them all relevant information, and let them run along on their merry little way into a dumb direction until it doesn't work.

Like I said, there are reasons for wanting to be an actor, but

quote:

good pay
should never be one of them.

• Locked thread