Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

I've seen Earthbound go for 1k or more and Chrono Trigger go for nearly 2k.

That's actually pretty rare, Chrono trigger may just go for 80 bucks max, and EB is around $120.

But the Japanese versions for both of these run you about a buck each. and the North American release for EB had a few changes to it compared to the Japanese release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

I've seen Earthbound go for 1k or more and Chrono Trigger go for nearly 2k.
the days of earthbound going for that much are over thanks to it being on virtual console

i'm still never giving up my original cartridge

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the definitive release of Chrono trigger is on the DS now anyways.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

the definitive release of Chrono trigger is on the DS now anyways.
a lot of people are gonna call "taint reaped" but i've never played the SNES version, only the DS version

it is on virtual console in case you're a purist

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Y-Hat posted:

a lot of people are gonna call "taint reaped" but i've never played the SNES version, only the DS version

it is on virtual console in case you're a purist

the DS version is better in every way to the original, other than the after game content and not being able to play on a large screen.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

the DS version is better in every way to the original, other than the after game content and not being able to play on a large screen.

Aside from the screen resolution and the font and the new content it's actually pretty good! The controls are just as good and the new translation is debatably not worse. It's totally okay.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Taint Reaper posted:

A lot of the additional content sucks and isn't worth the effort. The addition of the final boss from Chrono Cross and Dalton killing Chrono and Marle is pretty funny though.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
I loving love my Wii U, not only because it actually has games but because:

1) The tablet controller owns because I am a chump who only has space for one monitor on my desk so I can PC game AND watch netflix
2) Tablet controller also owns for poopgaming/playing games while nonexistent GF watches TV
3) The shop channel music is chill as gently caress
4) Still the best system for coachgamin' w/ pals
5) Tablet controller STILL owns because it can also double as a tv remote because I lose my TV remote all the drat time

nobody thought the tablet controller would be rad but it's integrated so well and god drat if this isn't my favorite system of all time

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SombereroLad posted:

5) Tablet controller STILL owns because it can also double as a tv remote because I lose my TV remote all the drat time

This is the most under appreciated feature of the wii u tablet

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pomp posted:

This is the most under appreciated feature of the wii u tablet

Fisher Price TV remote.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont watch tv i need crunchyroll and wwe network apps

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

elf help book posted:

i dont watch tv i need crunchyroll and wwe network apps

where are the ap ps

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

WiiU Feels.... LOL!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Back when it was new surfing the web on a console was really loving cool. After using it for an hour though you realize that it's totally poo poo compared to a laptop or even a desktop PC. Now there are tablets too.

The real question is if console web surfing is better or worse than mobile phone surfing. Even the the web can be poo poo on phones it's still better than with a game console 99% of the time. Can Wii U owners testify on if it's less poo poo than a smart phone or even a tablet?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It loads sites faster than my oldass tablet but I don't ever really use the browser I dunno why.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I don't know but the Wii U natively plays back MP4s.

Half of the time my Wii U is on is to watch animes.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

1upclock posted:

I don't know but the Wii U natively plays back MP4s.

Half of the time my Wii U is on is to watch animes.

Wow.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

A lot of the additional content sucks and isn't worth the effort.
isn't it universally agreed that the bonus dungeon is a terrible waste of time?

the touchscreen controls were good and i can't imagine using a controller to scroll through the commands in battles

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Can someone post a screenshot of windwaker Link tweaking out when the deku tree starts talking? That's what Wii U feels like. tia.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

I Can't Stop Playing Hyrule Warriors And The DLC Isn't Making It Easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Y-Hat posted:

isn't it universally agreed that the bonus dungeon is a terrible waste of time?

I hope so. because aside from that, Chrono Trigger DS was awesome

• Locked thread