Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JJ is cracking down on my bullshit code lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah my eyes started to hurt as well so I wonder how much that had to do with my performance getting worse and worse!

I found my best sorting method was by putting them in the place I thought they belonged, then swapping each with the one next to it and seeing if it looked wrong.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
P.S. I'm going to sleep soon so the first round will run in like 8-9 hours. Fix ur code MMM!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Oh my god.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In my defence I asked jj questions, he provided me examples and then I did the same thing that was I. His example and he said it was not allowed.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Alright. I'll be asleep when the results are posted but I'll see you a few hours after that.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

In my defence I asked jj questions, he provided me examples and then I did the same thing that was I. His example and he said it was not allowed.

Sorry.

Also, let me clear something up here, for ya'll and all future contestants.

9 > 8 > ... > 1 in terms of priority. Like it says in the OP, highest number takes priority.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JJ is refusing to take my useless code because he thinks I made mistakes instead of brilliances.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

JJ is refusing to take my useless code because he thinks I made mistakes instead of brilliances.

Your mailbox is full, please clean it.

Anyway, now we wait on Mills.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mad Rancher posted:

Your mailbox is full, please clean it.

Anyway, now we wait on Mills.

Emptied.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What was the pm you were going to send me jj? I'm dying of suspense

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

What was the pm you were going to send me jj? I'm dying of suspense

Just me saying "ok"

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Round 1!

Turn 1:
Mills throws Paper. MMM throws Paper. Tie!

Turn 2:
Mills throws Paper. MMM throws Scissors. +1 MMM!

Turn 3:

Turn 4:

Turn 5:

Turn 6:

Turn 7:
Mills throws Rock. MMM throws Paper. +1 MMM!

Turn 8:
Mills throws Rock. MMM throws Rock. Tie!

Turn 9:
Mills throws Rock. MMM throws Paper. +1 MMM!

Turn 10:
Mills throws Rock. MMM throws Rock. Tie!

End of Round 1:
Mills: 0, MMM: 5

Both players may now change a Conditional or Default. Please let me know what you are replacing and with what, or if you are not changing.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Mills forfeits. MMM has gained the right to challenge PM!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I didn't read the OP and didn't realise I could only change one piece of code. Submitted the original planned program for R2 after submitting something junk for R1 and it's invalid. :negative:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Huh.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If you'd like we could rematch

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You'd have to delete the PM I just sent you, without reading it.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Also I'm not sure JJ would want to.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

Also I'm not sure JJ would want to.

I don't mind, ya'll can play as many games as you want.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I haven't read the pm and I'm deleting it now, you'll have to send it to me again after we're done though

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

OK well I'm down but I just sent MMM a PM telling him all my thoughts so there's not much point if he's read it. I am a big dumb idiot, two times over!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

OK. Thanks MMM. Do you want to keep the 5 point start?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No, full rematch. You said the round 2 code you had was already written? Use that.

Also make sure you don't delete the pm from your sent folder so you can still forward it to me later.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah I had a question or 2 for JJ about how he would execute it but I'll clear that up and get it submitted.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'll fight both of you at once! With the same code! :getin:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

How about a three way where he resolves PM/Mills, Mills/MMM and MMM/PM at the same time and we're fighting a battle on two fronts?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

How about a three way where he resolves PM/Mills, Mills/MMM and MMM/PM at the same time and we're fighting a battle on two fronts?

I can do that, but that would require Mill's code to be valid first.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Jesus Christ. It's Mills' you uneducated swine!

Also, my code. :negative:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I feel like the one on one aspect is important to this game.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Also, so Mills' (happy?) confusion doesn't spread to others, only 1 conditional (or the default) activates per round, and as an extension, each conditional must have a way to determine whether rock, paper, or scissors will be thrown. If a conditional does not have that (or, more likely, its way to determine what is thrown isn't capable of being applied yet), that conditional will be skipped over.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

I feel like the one on one aspect is important to this game.

If you'd like to submit your code vs PM, and PM would like to submit her code, I can run the game between you two. I can also independently run a game between you and Mills.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Triple post!

Round 1!

Turn 1:
PM throws Scissors. MMM throws Paper. +1 PM!

Turn 2:
PM throws Scissors. MMM throws Scissors. Tie!

Turn 3:
PM throws Paper. MMM throws Rock. +1 PM!

Turn 4:
PM throws Rock. MMM throws Paper. +1 MMM!

Turn 5:
PM throws Scissors. MMM throws Rock. +1 MMM!

Turn 6:
PM throws Rock. MMM throws Scissors. +1 PM!

Turn 7:
PM throws Scissor. MMM throws Rock. +1 MMM!

Turn 8:
PM throws Scissors. MMM throws Scissors. Tie!

Turn 9:
PM throws Paper. MMM throws Paper. Tie!

Turn 10:

Round 1 results:
PM: 3, MMM: 4

Both players may now change a Conditional or Default. Please let me know what you are replacing and with what, or if you are not changing.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

MMM, I’m arguing with JJ about my code and what’s valid and making sure I understand the rules this time but I’ll make sure I don’t read your game with PM so that I don’t get ideas about what your algo is doing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mills posted:

MMM, I’m arguing with JJ about my code and what’s valid and making sure I understand the rules this time but I’ll make sure I don’t read your game with PM so that I don’t get ideas about what your algo is doing.

I have a different one for PM, but they're similar. Now you probably know why it took my so long though!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Round 2!

Turn 1:
PM throws Paper. MMM throws Rock. +1 PM!

Turn 2:
PM throws Paper. MMM throws Paper. Tie!

Turn 3:

Turn 4:

Turn 5:
PM throws Paper. MMM throws Scissors. +1 MMM!

Turn 6:
PM throws Scissors. MMM throws Paper. +1 PM!

Turn 7:

Turn 8:

Turn 9:

Turn 10:

Round 2 results:
PM: 5, MMM: 11

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have a different one for PM, but they're similar. Now you probably know why it took my so long though!

The ruleset is infuriating me. Like it's a simple program, but there's quirks in the ruleset that require it to be written a certain way. I can't focus on it at work. :(

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mills posted:

The ruleset is infuriating me. Like it's a simple program, but there's quirks in the ruleset that require it to be written a certain way. I can't focus on it at work. :(

It's like any programming language, you have to get used to the syntax for a bit, work out the little errors. I found good ways of exploiting it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, the weakness of my program is that it's pretty reliant on everything working together, so there's not much I can do to make drastic changes if I need to.

• Locked thread