Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I was killing a bunch of not covenant and not flood for a few hours until I killed some blob on Mars. I was waiting to see Mercury or Jupiter or something next, but all I got was a cutscene. I don't even know what the story was about. Did I break the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

this noob dont know this a 10 year thing man bungie gonna lay out the saga smfh noobs these days

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
The only way to beat Destiny is to smash the disc in half and then kill yourself for buying a lovely game and encouraging the entire industry to make even shittier games.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I remember in Guild Wars 1, you actually got a credits roll when you beat certain bosses. RIP good online RPGs.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

If you bought Destiny you lost, OP

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

You beat the main story, OP. There's more stuff to do but only if you really care.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Have a 30 of each class op

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

would rather have a 40 in each hand personally

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

bungie hole

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
gently caress Destiny, what a piece of poo poo game. 20 bucks for perhaps 3 missions, a strike, and a raid is ridiculous. I hope none of their new expansions sell.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Psycobladder posted:

gently caress Destiny, what a piece of poo poo game. 20 bucks for perhaps 3 missions, a strike, and a raid is ridiculous. I hope none of their new expansions sell.

The first two will probably sell a lot because people preordered them. I don't think the others will. 20 bucks gets you 3 missions (at least, possibly more), 2 strikes (if you're on PS4, 1 on Xbox One), a raid, and 3 new multiplayer maps. It's not a particularly bad deal I guess, but it's not really a good one either. If Destiny was a more interesting or fun game I'd probably care more.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
destiny is interesting because the base gameplay is pretty good and absolutely nothing else in the game is. it's one of those games where it seems like the devs accidentally made something fun in spite of themselves

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

tranime scholar posted:

destiny is interesting because the base gameplay is pretty good and absolutely nothing else in the game is. it's one of those games where it seems like the devs accidentally made something fun in spite of themselves

It's weird because it spent years in development and yet all the content they have to show for it is really generic. But yeah the actual shooting is pretty cool.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

The first two will probably sell a lot because people preordered them. I don't think the others will. 20 bucks gets you 3 missions (at least, possibly more), 2 strikes (if you're on PS4, 1 on Xbox One), a raid, and 3 new multiplayer maps. It's not a particularly bad deal I guess, but it's not really a good one either. If Destiny was a more interesting or fun game I'd probably care more.
lol that is really hosed up, its already a bad deal on ps4, xbox people get even less?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Silver Striker posted:

It's weird because it spent years in development and yet all the content they have to show for it is really generic. But yeah the actual shooting is pretty cool.

i don't understand how they hosed up stuff they got right ten loving years ago so badly. no prox chat? lol. absolutely no voice chat at all in pvp? lmao.

behold, the mmo where you can't actually interact with anyone else

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
also the matchmaking for pvp blows rear end. yes, please match a bunch of 29s and 30s with some level 6 guys who have been playing for all of 2 hours and make sure to put all the level 6s on one team and level 30s on the other. this is fair, and good. goty 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

homeless snail posted:

lol that is really hosed up, its already a bad deal on ps4, xbox people get even less?

The extra strikes and stuff will become unlocked next year on xbone too, the bad part of it is that you will have to play them when you are already at level 36 and swarmed by tons of zombies with fire shields and not with the original difficulty of 28.

tranime scholar posted:

i don't understand how they hosed up stuff they got right ten loving years ago so badly. no prox chat? lol. absolutely no voice chat at all in pvp? lmao.

behold, the mmo where you can't actually interact with anyone else

Lol. I don't miss french guys yelling vous etes une bande de salopes or sortez vous cretins while their dog barks in the background.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Psycobladder posted:

Good luck with that.

Gamers are those idiot guys who will happily throw 9M$ at Ouya, thousands of hundereds bucks at anita sarkeesian, billions of dollar at CoD, then go happily read Kotaku and Polygon after Kuckera and Totilo declare them dead.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

zen death robot posted:

Way to read the rules rear end in a top hat

Hating gamers =/= hating games/gaming

If sick frags are the food of love, game on.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Don't worry about buying Destiny encouraging other devs into making a monolithic, bad game. Word on the professional street is that it wasn't successful: it didn't make nearly enough sales to warrant the dev of that monster, despite selling well for a standard game. It isn't going to be copied by anybody with a lick of money sense.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

my buddy told me he couldnt sleep and played destiny all night.. personally couldnt think of a more depressing thing personally

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

A gamer looking at people posting in this forum saying things like

Limacat is/was one of the autist regulars in the xbone mock threads, of course he has a bad view of gaming.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

zen death robot posted:

I mean by all means make fun of videogame journalism and poo poo like that, but don't make fun of "Gamers" as a whole for fucks sake. It's a diverse group and growing group with lots of different interests.

Ok, no punishments this time, please return to discussing this underwhelming and extremely overproduced game.

Fair, fair. I just assumed he was talking about the type of 'gamer' who plays only what they're told. Gaming needs a term not unlike cinephile or gourmand to distinguish somebody well-versed in most or all types of game from someone who games on a surface level

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They already do, it's called being on team Playstation.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Console warriors are all basically the same.

all equally wrong. buncha faggots

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

LaTex Fetish posted:

all equally wrong. buncha faggots

to limit yourself to one platform does not show your love for that type of gaming, but your hate for all others - Abrahm Lincom

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

to limit yourself to one platform does not show your love for that type of gaming, but your hate for all others - Abrahm Lincom

i still play them but i still hold firmly that just because i can immerse myself with the bourgeois doesnt mean i am one

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Schnedwob posted:

A multitude of consoles is not a good thing. Let there be one console, one king. -Homer

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
tbh I really don't notice any difference in any consoles except for platform exclusives so I just end up getting the all when they're on the cheap. It sucks that there's like, tons of games I miss out on but oh well I guess that's what emulation in the future is for.

e: Destiny is a pos that shouldn't be emulated by any gamer or developer ever. at all.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
All I have is my PC, an array of emulators, and my phone for arcadey poo poo. I should get a 3DS, but i'm saving money like a responsible adult game-hating shitheel

Dec 26, 2012

used 3ds's have to be going for cheap soon with the new 3ds coming out soon

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

sex and zen robot posted:

I mean by all means make fun of videogame journalism and poo poo like that, but don't make fun of "Gamers" as a whole for fucks sake. It's a diverse group and growing group with lots of different interests.

Ok, no punishments this time, please return to discussing this underwhelming and extremely overproduced game.

Sorry about that robot.

qnqnx posted:

Limacat is/was one of the autist regulars in the xbone mock threads, of course he has a bad view of gaming.

And that wasn't even my final form.By the way bring back Shadow Puppet

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Yeah, don't do that.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This nigga has an original gamer tag and is making fun of gamers must be on that good kush to be so ridiculous.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who the gently caress is this retard

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Acquire Currency! posted:

who the gently caress is this retard

qnqnx posted:

Limacat is/was one of the autist regulars in the xbone mock threads

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

he also closed the "hugbox" thread because of that ms employee guy lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i don't like destiny or bungie anymore.

what cool new games are coming out for ps4 so I have stuff to do b4 Bloodborne

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i don't like destiny or bungie anymore.

what cool new games are coming out for ps4 so I have stuff to do b4 Bloodborne

BoI Rebirth will be free on PS+ starting tomorrow. Otherwise not much. The baseball game if you like those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
well i guess i just need to play binding of isaac... forever

• Locked thread