Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OK, doing the Thieves Guild.

Question: How in blazes does one successfully pickpocket without being caught? Even the Amulet of Shadows failed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

ScreamingLlama posted:

OK, doing the Thieves Guild.

Question: How in blazes does one successfully pickpocket without being caught? Even the Amulet of Shadows failed me.

Have full stamina, the relevant skill at a decent level, and I think Chameleon helps.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Honestly if you're doing the quest I think you're doing its better just to bribe the butler.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Pickpocket in this game is supposed to be based mainly on the Sneak skill, but from what I'm reading it's bugged and the chance of success isn't affected by your skill as much as it should, unless you download the Morrowind Code Patch.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Honestly if you're doing the quest I think you're doing its better just to bribe the butler.
This is probably the best way of dealing with it.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I hear picking the pockets of a corpse is pretty low-stress.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Also if you don't have telekinesis yet this is the quest line to get it for.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That first pickpocket is best done bribing him to 70 I recall. Second one, easiest way is to loot the dead corpse.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Seconding this.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chapter XVIII: Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap

Since Caius has given us some time off, it's time for some more adventuring. Sadrith Mora, please, and don't spare the magicka.

Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub. Why they don't just call these places taverns is beyond me.

Bjorca: Yes, I have a question: where do I sign up for the Thieves' Guild?

Muriel:

Big Helende lives up to her name: she's the gigantic Altmer standing near the stairs.

Bjorca: That's right.

Big Helende:

Bjorca: Maybe you should tell me the rules first?

Big Helende:

Bjorca: Sure, I can handle it.

Big Helende:

Bjorca: Got any jobs right now?

Big Helende:

Bjorca: Where might I get such a recipe?

Big Helende:

Bjorca: You got it.

A short time later...

Not off to a good start.

This is no time to get buzzed, I've got a job to do!

Crap. I was using the Amulet of Shadow while unlocking some chests, but somehow the guard detected me anyway. I pay the man and keep on searching.

Found it!

I head to Wolverine Hall to deliver the recipe.

Tusamircil:

Bjorca: Yes I do, right here.

Tusamircil:

Bjorca: See ya.

Now back to Helende to turn in the quest.

Big Helende:

I get 500 gold for my trouble, which helps defray my expenses for fines and such.

I spend most of my gold on some much-needed training with Muriel before taking on my next assignment.

Big Helende:

Bjorca: I need a job.

Big Helende:

Bjorca: Surely any alchemist could order one in...

Big Helende:

Bjorca: All right then.

I scour the marketplace, but unfortunately the retort I took and sold earlier is irretrievable, so thanks to my lack of foresight I'll have to go further afield.

Bjorca: Hospitality papers?

Angaredhel:

Bjorca: Sure, here's your gold.

Angaredhel:

These are going to be a HUGE help.

I go upstairs to get some sleep and OH CRAP

Having dealt with that creature, I sleep and level up.

As dawn breaks, I board a ship for Tel Mora, hoping to find the grandmaster's retort.

Some time later...

Shiny, but I'm not here for that. I'm here for this *grabs retort and cheeses it out of there*

Diving into the bay to evade arrest, I can't help frisking the odd clam or two.

I emerge from the water on the other side to find myself in the Grazelands, totally lost.

To make matters worse, I've got hostiles.

The magic bugs don't give me enough mana, either. Stupid bugs.

Out comes the crossbow. EAT BOLTS rear end in a top hat

My crappy Marksman skill means I quickly expend a great deal of bolts trying to off this guy.

I need shelter.

Unfortunately I have to kill this dude for it.

Just warming my toes by the fire.

Stupid bugs.

I have to hike my way back to the coast, then levitate over the water back to Sadrith Mora. I had no idea there was a daedric temple there; might check it out sometime.

Finally, I make it back.

I turn in the quest and all is well. So what's next?

Big Helende:

Bjorca: Any wizard in particular?

Big Helende:

Bjorca: I have a great rep with the Mages' Guild. This shouldn't take long.

Aw, poo poo.

Oh well.

A few minutes later...

Bjorca: The Thieves' Guild needs someone to guard Dirty Muriel's from the Camonna Tong. Help a sister out?

Arielle Phiencel:

Ebony, huh? I know just where to get some...

Crap.

OK, we're in business. Now, to get it out of here without the guard noticing...

And my dirty deeds are done.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If forget, do you get stuff confiscated when you pay a fine in this game? Or when you get arrested?
I do like the jail time option/penalty. It's certainly enough to make you rather not do it, whilst being much nicer than "Game Over".

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tylana posted:

If forget, do you get stuff confiscated when you pay a fine in this game? Or when you get arrested?
I do like the jail time option/penalty. It's certainly enough to make you rather not do it, whilst being much nicer than "Game Over".

you do. The stuff you have stolen gets put in a crate marked "evidence chest" that's normally in the town that you did time in.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My internet is being throttled right now - stupid download caps - but I should have more updates sometime next week or thenabouts. Don't worry, this LP's got life left in it yet.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chapter XIX: Sticky Fingers

I check back in with Big Helende for some more fetch quests.

Bjorca: GIMME JERB PLOX

Big Helende:

Bjorca: Who's the client, and where's the book?

Big Helende:

I teleport to Ald'ruhn, make a pit stop at the temple...

...then find the manor in the appropriately-named Manor District.

At least some Dunmer know how to live.

In true Thieves' Guild fashion, I get invisible and swipe a few bottles of booze and a few other things.

The fact that I've taken up thieving does not negate the fact that Bjorca is still an accomplished sorceress.

Got what I came for, time to split.

Big Helende:

My reward is a bit of gold and an invisibility potion.

Big Helende:

And a promotion.

Bjorca: What's next?

Big Helende:

Bjorca: I hope that's not some kind of euphemism...

Big Helende:

Bjorca:

Big Helende:

Ready to cast off!

Some other time, perhaps.

Navigating the Seussian architecture of Dunmer towers is a challenge in itself.

Especially if you don't have a magic levitation staff handy.

Here's the guy, now where's the staff?

I'll just take that while I'm here...

Nice.

I cast Almsivi Intervention to avoid getting lost inside the tower on the way out, but ended up in Molag Mar in the middle of a particularly bad ash storm. After wading through the Molag Mar underworks, striding to Vivec and porting back to Sadrith Mora, I handed the staff to Helende.

Big Helende:

Bjorca: I already have a kickass staff, so you can just sell that one.

Big Helende:

Big Helende doesn't have any more work for me, so she sends me to Balmora to see Sugar-Lips Habasi, who I find lurking in the South Wall Cornerclub.

Sugar-Lips Habasi:

Bjorca: Easily done.

I duck over to the Mages' Guild and spend some gold on a little prep work.

I needn't have bothered, though, there's diamonds right there on the shelf. Oh well, now I have a kickass 'unlock anything' spell.

Sugar-Lips Habasi:

Bjorca: I'll accept that as payment.

Sugar-Lips Habasi:

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 19, 2015

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Don't ever try selling diamonds to Nalcarya from now on, I don't know if unofficial patches fix this.

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.

GuyUpNorth posted:

Don't ever try selling diamonds to Nalcarya from now on, I don't know if unofficial patches fix this.
Yeah, don’t ever try selling the same kind of item to a shopkeeper you’ve stolen anything from. Doesn’t go well.

I know Helende gave you levitation potions for the tower job to make sure you could get up, but what was the reward? Sounded like a ring of telekinesis or something?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GuyUpNorth posted:

Nalcarya usually gets my leftover potions.

GrimRevenant posted:

I know Helende gave you levitation potions for the tower job to make sure you could get up, but what was the reward? Sounded like a ring of telekinesis or something?

Something like that.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chapter XX: Kwama and Eggs

Bjorca: I need a job.

Habasi:

Bjorca: Say again?

Habasi:

Bjorca: I'll see if I can get the key.

I find the guy I'm looking for in the Council Club near the silstrider platform. Bribing, cajoling and threatening don't work (Speechcraft in Morrowind is so broken).

I go invisible and raid the chests and stuff in the club to replenish all the money I spent trying to get that jerk to give up his key.

Then I come back and kill him, turning the whole club hostile.

Later, in the target manor, I use the key to sneak upstairs and observe the time-honoured Elder Scrolls RPG tradition of taking everything not nailed down.

I grind my Alteration skill for a little while by magically locking and unlocking a little chest on a shelf.

I dodge the Hlaalu guards out for my blood and make it back to Habasi.

Habasi:

Bjorca: Gold is good, Habasi. I like gold. Any other ways I can earn gold?

Habasi:

Bjorca: That's terrible. We may be thieves, but we don't poo poo where we eat.

Habasi:

Bjorca: Goblet, bowl and tube. Got it. Where's the town I'm supposed to find?

Habasi:

I stop over at the Tomb of Nope on the way down to Hla Oad to earn some more money.

Kwama eggs. Delicious, useful and valuable.

I switch to a sword I picked up to help train up my Short Blade skill. It helps to diversify in this game.

I'm getting a bit loaded down, so I do a bit of alchemy to lighten the load and maybe make some useful elixirs.

You really think that pick is going to hurt me? NO-ONE BESTS AN ORC :orks101:

Now that is a sweet find. Too bad I can't afford it.

After carving my way through elves and monsters, I reach the kwama queen's chamber.

KILL IT WITH POISON

Eventually my sword breaks, forcing me to finish off a kwama with my pitiful Hand To Hand skill.

Even the pickaxe is better.

Some nice people working in this mine. Glad you like my outfit!

I get some rest at the Mages' Guild... and wake up in a cold sweat.

Finally I get back to sleep so I can level up.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Meldor's wearing a full set of DB armor and you can't afford a 450 (prob 600 or so with markup) shortsword? For shame llama.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Spellmaking is EXPENSIVE.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Whats your main weapon skill anyways?

edit: according to the first update its shortblade which is great for enchanting since on hit enchantments allow you to do more dps than any other weapon skill.

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 1, 2015

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What a weird dream. Maybe Bjorca should cut back on her potion intake. Maybe take a short vacation.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pvt.Scott posted:

What a weird dream. Maybe Bjorca should cut back on her potion intake. Maybe take a short vacation.

I was worried it might be related to vampirism, since in Oblivion you have nightmares just before you reach more advanced stages of the condition.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Then I come back and kill him, turning the whole club hostile.
Funny thing about the whole "murdering the cornerclub" is that I would argue is ultimately the more efficient way of doing things. :v:

Edit
real adventurers are thorough :colbert:
Nonetheless you should consider visiting the fort outside Balmora one of these days.
\/\/\/\/

radintorov fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 1, 2015

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't murder the whole club, just the one dude.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

I was worried it might be related to vampirism, since in Oblivion you have nightmares just before you reach more advanced stages of the condition.

Morrowind has vampirism dreams, too, but this wasn't one of them.

ScreamingLlama posted:

I didn't murder the whole club, just the one dude.

That was the bribable butler people spoke of. Dealing with the Corner Club's outfit only after Habasi's quest is the better option.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Old Grey Guy posted:

That was the bribable butler people spoke of. Dealing with the Corner Club's outfit only after Habasi's quest is the better option.

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson about stabbing every Dunmer who looks at me funny after Thavere Vedrano, but apparently not.

Chapter XXI: Fear And Loathing In Vivec

After getting a good night's sleep, I charge out of the south city gate towards Hla Oad, ready for whatever comes my way.

There isn't actually a road heading that way, only a rough track leading up over the hill.

One down, several million to go.

Just as the sun sets, I finally find the seaside hamlet of Hla Oad.

Like most people in Morrowind, the locals aren't the friendliest bunch.

The place I'm supposed to find this Khajiit dude is literally a stone's throw away.

Bjorca: Where are the Dwemer artifacts you stole from Habasi, you slimy little bastard?

Ra'Zhid:

THE ARTIFACTS I'M GOING TO TEAR OUT OF YOUR WORTHLESS CARCASS AFTER I SKIN YOUR FURRY HIDE :orks101:

Bad news: He's not carrying anything remotely Dwemer.

Worse: His Redguard buddy objects to me killing either of them for some reason.

I cast Berserk and tear him several new assholes, each one bigger than the last.

Then I tear the place apart and loot it looking for the stolen goods.

See this? This is why I'm constantly having money problems. I NEED DECENT SPELLS.

The second chest behind me yields the stuff I came for.

Bloody psychic guards.

Amulet of Shadows: For when you absolutely, positively have to resist arrest by House Hlaalu security.

Bjorca: I had to skin a few miscreants along the way, but I got them, all right.

Habasi:

I get some lockpicks, probes and a repair hammer for my trouble, plus my next job.

Habasi:

Bjorca: Where would I find such a bottle?

Habasi:

After I sell my loot, the pawnbroker decides she likes the funny helmet I sold her.

Dodging the guards, I grab the bottle of brandy in Hlaalo Manor, then raid the the manor lord's corpse, then high-tail it back across town when...

Bjorca: Excuse me?

Rararyn Radarys:

Bjorca: Who does this Dagoth character think he is?

Rararyn Radarys:

Bjorca: He's the head of the Sixth House?

Rararyn Radarys:

Bjorca: We'll see about that.

Bjorca: Here's your brandy.

Habasi:

Bjorca: I have to go, Habasi. Got to see a man about a house.

I pay off my bounty with the money earned from Habasi, then head for my Blades handler to get some answers.

Bjorca: I've been having some really bizarre dreams and people have been stopping me in the street.

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: Well, gee, that's comforting. Do you have any leads on the Sixth House yet?

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: Great. I need to get out of this town.

Keeping a watchful eye out for any more Sleepers, I hurry to the strider station.

Some time later, I'm in the waistworks of the St. Olms canton, looking for a Khajiit.

Fortunately, people know her.

I hate these kinds of complications.

Fortunately she's the first thing I see when I take the nearest trapdoor to the underworks. She won't talk to me unless I get rid of the C&E agent, so I head back up to the waistworks to look for him.

Bjorca: What's an Imperial like you doing in St. Olms?

Duvianus Platorius:

Bjorca: I see. So you say you're looking for a Khajiit named Addhiranirr?

Duvianus Platorius:

Bjorca: She headed off to the mainland. Sorry, you just missed her.

Duvianus Platorius:

Bjorca: Good luck with that.

Bjorca: Tell me what you know about the Sixth House.

Addhiranirr:

Bjorca: Interesting. Lot of smuggling going on in Morrowind?

Addhiranirr:

Bjorca: Are you sure you can't tell me anything more about the Nerevarine cult?

Addhiranirr:

The next contact on my list is an Argonian.

For a Blades informant, he's not that hard to find.

Bjorca: They giving you trouble?

Huleeya:

Bjorca: I'll deal with this.

Bjorca: YOU push off, elf, before I put my sword up your rear end!

Dark Elf:

Bjorca: You got a problem with lizards?

Dark Elf Next To Him:

A lot of threats, imprecations and sword-waving later, the bullies back down and we can go.

Huleeya:

Bjorca: All right then, let's go.

Huleeya:

A short time later...

Bjorca: Tell me about the Ashlanders and their Nerevarine cult.

Huleeya:

Bjorca: What's this about a 'False Incarnate'?

Huleeya:

Bjorca: What can you tell me about the Ashlanders themselves?

Huleeya:

Bjorca: Does this have anything to do with the whacked-out dreams I've been having? They seem to coincide with people telling me about Dagoth Ur out of the blue.

Huleeya:

I bid Huleeya goodbye, stuff his summary into my bag, and head towards the Temple canton to speak to my final contact.

People in the Hall of Wisdom seem nicer then the Ordinators patrolling it and are happy to direct me to my informant.

I find Mehra Milo's quarters and poke at the lock with my trusty lockpick.

She's not in. I'll try the library.

I follow her into the stacks, where the Ordinators won't hear us.

Bjorca: Go on, then.

Mehra Milo:

Bjorca: Who are these Dissident Priests?

Mehra Milo:

Bjorca: You said something about a book of theirs? Where would I find it?

Mehra Milo:

Bjorca: You're being watched?

Mehra Milo:

Bjorca: Got it. Do you know anything about a Dagoth Ur?

Mehra Milo:

Bjorca: Is he responsible for these weird dreams I've been having?

Mehra Milo:

Bjorca: Soul sickness?

Mehra Milo:

Bjorca: Huh. Okay. Thanks for your time. May the Three preserve you.

Oh look, I found a book that describes the backstory of Skyrim :D

I find the banned book rather easily at Jobasha's.

My business concluded, I leave the canton and head for the strider station, eager to share my discoveries with a certain skooma addict.

Bjorca: More time with the Thieves' Guild, then. Hey, do you know anything about soul sickness?

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: *grumblegrumbleI'mnotcrazydamnit*

My dreams would beg to differ, it seems.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 1, 2015

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson about stabbing every Dunmer who looks at me funny after Thavere Vedrano, but apparently not.

You'll get over it. Even a severe case of Oblivionitis such as the one you're suffering from isn't a permanent condition. :)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Old Grey Guy posted:

You'll get over it. Even a severe case of Oblivionitis such as the one you're suffering from isn't a permanent condition. :)
It's Morrowind, after all: stabbing random Dunmer is expected. :D
Also you could've talked to the bartender further down the stairs from Habasi to have your bounty removed, I believe at a reduced cost.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Can't you just insult someone until they attack you, or was that Oblivion? If you don't hit first, it was clearly self defense and all legal-like.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

Can't you just insult someone until they attack you, or was that Oblivion? If you don't hit first, it was clearly self defense and all legal-like.
You can, but like the other Speechcraft options, it requires a good level of skill to succeed in insulting someone enough for them to attack you.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

radintorov posted:

You can, but like the other Speechcraft options, it requires a good level of skill to succeed in insulting someone enough for them to attack you.
I think you can just keep on insulting them forever until it works. :v:

ScreamingLlama posted:

Oh look, I found a book that describes the backstory of Skyrim :D
I assume that book is suspiciously missing in Skyrim.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

radintorov posted:

Speechcraft is stupid. Also, if you fail badly enough, it takes a lot more attempts to succeed, and just stabbing people is a much easier way to get what you want in Morrowind.

Poil posted:

I assume that book is suspiciously missing in Skyrim.

Nope.

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.

radintorov posted:

Also you could've talked to the bartender further down the stairs from Habasi to have your bounty removed, I believe at a reduced cost.
Yeah, one of the biggest advantages to Thieves’ Guild membership is being able to pay off your bounty at half price or less.
Please never pay full price for a bounty again, that was painful to watch. :spergin:

ScreamingLlama posted:

Speechcraft is stupid. Also, if you fail badly enough, it takes a lot more attempts to succeed, and just stabbing people is a much easier way to get what you want in Morrowind.
From memory, Charm/Frenzy spells are your friend if your Speechcraft sucks.

GrimRevenant fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 2, 2015

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Poil posted:

I think you can just keep on insulting them forever until it works. :v:

IIRC, they get bored and stop talking to you.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Like everything else Speechcraft, they drop to 0 disposition and just shut up about anything beyond initial greeting of "gently caress off" or some such.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You should be able to charm them off that but yeah, it's generally easier to avoid getting to 0.
It´s still way better than how Oblivion handled persuation, mind you.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

You should be able to charm them off that but yeah, it's generally easier to avoid getting to 0.
It´s still way better than how Oblivion handled persuation, mind you.

I got pretty good at doing those persuasion wheel thingies super fast. I love the concept though.

"That's a lovely locket you're wearing there. m'lady. Seen any Imperials? Hahaha! Did you know that I've killed hundreds of daedra? Of course you didn't you ignorant oval office!"
:Npc looks at you in stunned horror:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
In 2008 I was fortunate enough to go along to the GDC in San Francisco, and while I was there I attended a talk given by Ken Rolston (lead designer of Morrowind and Oblivion) and Mark Nelson (designer on Morrowind and Oblivion, lead designer of Shivering Isles). It was on designing games in a sort of procedural way starting with the game-world (the Morrowind approach), versus starting with the narrative (the Oblivion/Shivering Isles approach).

Anyway, at the end there was a short Q&A session, and someone in the crowd said that if he ever got the chance, he had always wanted to try the Oblivion persuasion wheel on its designers; so he did. It was taken in fairly good humour, with Ken Rolston miming pressing the button for security (but yeah, it did show how silly the persuasion wheel is if you think about it).

Another highlight was Ken and Mark commenting on Morrowind versus Oblivion. They said that the general feeling at Bethsoft was that it had been the right choice to go with the milquetoast generic fantasy setting/aesthetic/etc for Oblivion - after the unique, interesting and alien setting of Morrowind - as Oblivion sold really well... though on an artistic level they hated themselves for it.

Anyway, yeah; persuasion in Morrowind... it's not that great either, in practice. After my first playthrough, in which I didn't use magic at all, I started using magic for everything, because wow is it useful. You can make a high power Charm spell with a very low duration, and just initiate conversation with the target immediately after casting it, as time pauses during conversations. Instant maxed-out disposition! And as mentioned, if you need to kill a character "legally", Frenzy spells are great because "I don't know what happened, guardsman; he just up and attacked me with no provocation" - and they don't need a very long duration either, because once you're fighting someone, they're not likely to calm down.

And if you do need them to calm down for whatever reason; Calm spells. Magic is great.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Antistar01 posted:

Anyway, at the end there was a short Q&A session, and someone in the crowd said that if he ever got the chance, he had always wanted to try the Oblivion persuasion wheel on its designers; so he did. It was taken in fairly good humour, with Ken Rolston miming pressing the button for security (but yeah, it did show how silly the persuasion wheel is if you think about it).

:laffo: please tell me there's a youtube video of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I don't know about a video (you have to remember, this was early 2008), but it turns out there's an audio recording of the talk here. There's also the powerpoint presentation it seems, but I don't have powerpoint so I can't really vouch for that.

Anyway, the persuasion wheel bit was at around 54:40, if anyone cares. I think you probably had to be there, though.

It'll be interesting to listen to that recording, actually. I didn't realise it was there; I only had my crappy notes from the day.

• Locked thread