Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chapter XXII: On Matters Concerning Prophecy

Given the creepy things going on, I'm putting the thieving on the backburner.

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: Time is of the essence now. We need to keep things moving along as swiftly as possible.

Caius Cosades:

On my way to the informant, I drop in on a Thieves' Guild contact and take care of my bounty.

Bjorca: What do you do for a living?

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: I'd like to know more about your people.

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: I've heard Ashlanders like gifts. Tell me more about your gifting customs.

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: A thoughtful gift?

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: Thanks for your time.

A book of poetry, huh? Now where would I find something like that, I wonder?

I'm not sure what to get, so I just grab anything that looks like poetry an Ashlander would like.

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: Everything you know, starting with the Ashlanders.

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: Is there anything else you can tell me?

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: Who are the Urshilaku?

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: Where can I find their camp?

Hassour Zainsubani:

Bjorca: Thanks. I'd better get going. Enjoy your gift.

Damned cliff racers are getting worse every day.

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: Wait, what? I'm the Nerevarine? How is that even possible?

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: I can't believe we're doing this. How does the Emperor think we can do this to the Dunmer? To the Temple?

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: All right.

Caius Cosades:

Bjorca: Where's Fort Moonmoth again?

Caius Cosades:

Caius wasn't kidding. Moonmoth is practically its own marketplace.

A couple of strider trips later, I alight at Maar Gan and make my way north.

The camp is almost due north of Maar Gan, as the cliff racer flies.

I take the most direct route, trudging north-northwest down the foyada.

Vivec's balls. I forgot there was a daedric shrine here. I need to watch my step.

After doubling back a few times to avoid the clannfear, I arrive at the Urshilaku camp. Despite their xenophobia, I manage to get an audience with their wise woman.

Bjorca: What can you tell me about Dagoth Ur?

Nibani Maesa:

Bjorca: Does he have anything to do with these awful dreams I keep having?

Nibani Maesa:

Bjorca: I have some news for you concerning the prophecy of the Nerevarine. You may not like it.

Nibani Maesa:

Bjorca: Apparently I am the Nerevarine. I've been told I meet all the conditions for setting the prophecised events in motion.

Nibani Maesa:

Zabamund is even less convinced.

Bjorca: [tell him about self and adventures in Morrowind]

Zabamund:

Bjorca: [brag about accomplishments]

Zabamund:

Bjorca: This is outrageous! I will not be denied my destiny! I will fight to the death to speak with your khan!

Zabamund:

Finally.

Bjorca: I have been advised and understand that I may fulfil the conditions of being recognized as the Nerevarine. I wish to test that.

Sul-Matuul:

Bjorca: What kind of initiation?

Sul-Matuul:

Bjorca: Where are these caverns?

Sul-Matuul:

I have no idea where to go, so I take to the air.

Unfortunately, ash storms mean zero visibility.

I have no choice but to land and wait out the storm. May as well get some sleep while I'm at it.

Dawn breaks with no end to the storm in sight. Guess I'm just going to have to hoof it as usual.

I hate the loving Ashlands. How can people live here?

*cough cough*

Some of the locals are worse than the weather.

I end up wandering too far south, so I levitate up onto the Ghostfence and hop from post to post, trying to find any landmarks that would suggest where to find the burial caverns.

Corpus monsters outside the Ghostfence? Do people know about this?

Gross, but potentially useful.

The caverns have got be around here somewhere...

I've found Koguruhn and a ghost to recharge my magicka, but still no cavern.

I also find another kind of Dunmer structure hidden in the wastes.

I'm just going in to get out of the ash storm and have a look-see.

Cool! So that's what a Propylon looks like! Too bad I don't have the proper index for this one, though. I think once I'm done with the Urshilaku, I'm going to look for the indices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

God, I remember when I first played Morrowind the framerate would tank completely any time I looked at the particle effects of the propylon. If I wanted to use them I needed to look at the floor until I moved just next to a pylon and I could activate it.

How time and tech has changed.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I'm so happy you're still doing this!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

double nine posted:

God, I remember when I first played Morrowind the framerate would tank completely any time I looked at the particle effects of the propylon. If I wanted to use them I needed to look at the floor until I moved just next to a pylon and I could activate it.

How time and tech has changed.

Ah, graphics lag. How I remember thee and wince.

My problem was Might and Magic IX though. All outdoor environments lagged.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I can't remember; do you have the Master Index official add-on? Neither finding or making use of the propylon indices is really viable without it.

And yeah... I remember having to avert my eyes in the propylon chambers too.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No add-ons. If it's really utterly impossible to get the indices without it, then I will get that add-on because I really would like Bjorca to be able to use the Propylon network.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
It's not totally impossible to make use of the Propylon Indices without the Master Index add-on... but it's impractical enough that it may as well be. Basically you'll just never find the Indices, as there's not even a hint as to where they are without that add-on. Barring foreknowledge, they could be anywhere on Vvardenfell for all you know. They're also about the size and colour of half a rotten banana, so they don't exactly stick out.

Even if you do find them, to use them without the Master Index you have to go to a Propylon chamber (if you know where one is) and use one of the two pylons in it to take you to another specific chamber. Then repeat until you've gone around the "Propylon circle" to the place you want to be.

With the Master Index, you just (this is mentioned in the readme) ask Folms Mirel in the Caldera Mages Guild to teleport to a Propylon chamber of your choice - where you can activate one of the pylons to go back again if you want.

There's some general (spoilerish) info here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
*sigh* I'll go download the add-on.

• Locked thread