Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

I am going to sign up with the Mages Guild, but there's stuff to do around Seyda Neen first, like Addamasartus. I only really wanted to get the start of the main quest out of the way so I could fart around the coast for a while. Once you check in with Caius Cosades, you're pretty much free to do as you please, then come back and get your first set of orders when you're ready.

Like others have said, the very first Mages Guild quest is going to ask you to go right back to Seyda Neen again. (Technically you don't have to do it there, but it's convenient.)

Also I touched on this in the previous thread, but I'm seeing an awful lot of trading going on with low fatigue. :v:

UESPWiki posted:

Surprisingly, even Mercantile is affected by fatigue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
The thing that I'm loving most about this LP, so far, is that it's mirroring my own experiences with Morrowind.

That is, multiple restarts because you screwed something up.

Old Grey Guy posted:

The most recent versions of the Unofficial patch and the code patch are linked on these pages:

UOP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Patch_Project

CP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch

So the links from the UESP page link to here which is an incredible list of suggested mods (placed in the order they should be installed! What a concept!), each of which is given a short two to three paragraph review written by a man who is barely hanging on to his sanity, and the mods themselves are not helping him overmuch. It's basically MorrowindModding.txt and I can't believe I'm reading the whole thing.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Have you ever tried wheeling and dealing while exhausted? There have been plenty of times when I've been offered a poo poo deal but because I'm totally exhausted, I've totally ran with it because I couldn't be bothered to care.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

RickVoid posted:

So the links from the UESP page link to here which is an incredible list of suggested mods (placed in the order they should be installed! What a concept!), each of which is given a short two to three paragraph review written by a man who is barely hanging on to his sanity, and the mods themselves are not helping him overmuch. It's basically MorrowindModding.txt and I can't believe I'm reading the whole thing.

I can't believe that crazy fucker is still hosting and updating that monstrosity of a modlist.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
What's crazy is he's doing that and still modding, but hasn't actually played the game in years if its the dude I'm thinking of.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Spending more time downloading, installing and configuring mods than actually playing the game is the essential modern Elder Scrolls experience, to be fair.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, it's a way to make Oblivion and Skyrim more enjoyable. Quite clever, actually.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

tlarn posted:

Spending more time downloading, installing and configuring mods than actually playing the game is the essential modern Bethesda experience, to be fair.

Fixed that for you.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ScreamingLlama posted:

This... THIS is why I sold my starting dagger. Who needs a pissing little dagger when you can have a magic longsword?

This is neither Oblivion nor Skyrim. Your character is good with Short Blade weapons, so if you try and get fancy with that poo poo now you are going to miss and miss and miss with that Long Blade weapon because it is a Long Blade weapon. Diversify later, and use what your character has loving skills in for now.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 24, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lizard Wizard posted:

This is neither Oblivion nor Skyrim. Your character is good with Short Blade weapons, so if you try and get fancy with that poo poo now you are going to miss and miss and miss with that Long Blade weapon because it is a Long Blade weapon. Diversify later, and use what your character has loving skills in for now.

To be fair, two-handed weapons kind of blow in Skyrim as well, but for entirely different reasons.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Geostomp posted:

To be fair, two-handed weapons kind of blow in Skyrim as well, but for entirely different reasons.

Is the slow swing speed and lack of blocking? Two-handed is at least fun and the burst damage is good, but One-handed is just more versatile and faster. Dual-wield with the shout that increases your swing speed and the Orc's Berserk ability was insane, you basically became a high speed blender and shredded everything in seconds.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Starhawk64 posted:

Is the slow swing speed and lack of blocking? Two-handed is at least fun and the burst damage is good, but One-handed is just more versatile and faster. Dual-wield with the shout that increases your swing speed and the Orc's Berserk ability was insane, you basically became a high speed blender and shredded everything in seconds.

Those and it fills your off hand that could be put to better use with spells, other weapons, or shields.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Welcome back Llama!

Looking forward to continuing our adventure.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shbobdb posted:

Have you ever tried wheeling and dealing while exhausted? There have been plenty of times when I've been offered a poo poo deal but because I'm totally exhausted, I've totally ran with it because I couldn't be bothered to care.

Same here. I'm not really paying much attention to my Fatigue unless I'm in the heat of battle. Besides, my Mercantile skill is poo poo anyway because I'm focusing on combat skills.

tlarn posted:

Spending more time downloading, installing and configuring mods than actually playing the game is the essential modern Elder Scrolls experience, to be fair.

I speak from experience when I say this: there is no modding community like the Sims modding community.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Too late for that. :P

Besides, I don't think you have any business lecturing me about Morrowind since your LP skipped over one of most lore-rich questlines in the whole franchise. (Hint: you should have spent a bit more time with a certain mer instead of just hitting him up for a pair of boots.)

Chapter III: The Falling, The Fallen, And The Fell

The moment I step off the siltstrider, I head straight for Addamasartus, ready to wreak some havoc as only a spell-slinging Orc can.

The dark elf at the entrance doesn't put up too much of a fight.

He doesn't give up any phat lewtz either, though.

His buddy behind the gate, though, packs more of a punch and FINALLY SOMEONE WHO USES MAGIC NOW THE ATRONACH SIGN IS ACTUALLY USEFUL

At this rate, I'll have maxed out my Destruction skill by the time I'm level 5. (Not that I'm complaining...)

Behind the gate on the left, there's a trio of slaves: two Argonians and a Khajiit.

Bjorca: Off you go then, there's a good kitty.

drat, that's harsh. I'm guessing that's why the slavers had the only keys on them.

I run into another Dunmer down near the supply crates, and this one has chitin throwing stars! WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE THOSE IN LATER GAMES OMFG

Searching the crates yields some good loot, but sadly it's more than I can carry all at once. Better drop it off at Arrille's.

Unfortunately it's dark when I get back to Seyda Neen and I also need to rest up.

Thankfully, no-one at the Census and Excise Office complains when I use their spare bedroll for the night.

Come daybreak, I show up to my favourite trader with my armfuls of stuff, but it turns out he's kind of a wet blanket.

FINE THEN I'LL JUST SIT OUTSIDE AND GET HIGH FOR A WHILE IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU

Once I've used up all my stash (which did nothing, by the way. Must have been some low-grade poo poo), Arrille is happy to take my loot and sell me - single-use Almsivi Intervention scrolls? I'll take two! :D

Back inside the dank depths of Addamasartus cave, I crack open the rest of the crates. Bit of this, bit of that.

It's dark. It's stagnant. It smells like dark elf piss. AND I HAVE TO SWIM IN IT.
The things we adventurers do for treasure, eh?

After a brief underwater sojourn, I try out my new sword on a rat. Two dozen swings later, I dispose of the worthless carcass and keep looking.

Eventually I loop around to the supply dock, but there's one last part of the cave to check out.

This smells even MORE like dark elf piss and it's bloody cold.

Why does that skeleton have a fishing rod? There's no fish in the water.

After jimmying open the rusted chest near the skeleton, I'm done with that cave, so I sit outside the entrance and enjoy some :catdrugs: .

This is what :catdrugs: actually does, by the way.

Turns out I had it all along. :iiam: Will you please stop loving pestering me about it now?

Having amassed plenty of :homebrew: I pay Elone the cute Blades Trainer a visit.

Yeah, that should do it. Shut up, Lizard Wizard.

Having put some combat training under my belt, I check around town to see if anyone else has some work for me. Hrisskar Flat-Foot is happy to employ me for a dastardly task: robbing poor Fargoth. Nords can be such assholes.

Bjorca: That's it? You need me to collect some gold?

Hrisskar Flat-Foot:

Bjorca: How do you know he doesn't keep his money in the bank like normal people?

Hrisskar Flat-Foot:

Bjorca: *sigh* All right.

Hrisskar Flat-Foot:

Bjorca: I'll come find you when I have it.

It's still daylight, so I pass the time by exploring the area around Seyda Neen, gathering herbs and getting into fights with the wildlife.

Bjorca: What the...?
Tarhiel: *sickening thud*

:gonk: The poor fellow died on impact. Oh well. Let's see what he has on him.

Nice.

Well, that explains how he got up in the air in the first place. Something to file under 'don't try this at home', perhaps.

After some more exploring and critter-stomping, I come across a lonely Imperial corpse, half-chewed on by the rats I just slew.

Oh my. I'd better notify the C&E Office about this.

Bjorca: I found 200 septims, his clothing and a few sundries. If this document is anything to go by, half of Seyda Neen are trying to dodge their taxes.

Socucius Ergalla:

Bjorca: You got a deal!

Sellus Gravius is the first one I talk to, but he knows nothing.

I hit paydirt talking to Fargoth, but then I remember an unfortunate fact: Thavere was the lighthouse keeper who I robbed and killed yesterday. Crap.

I hate to do this because it's technically cheating, but thanks to my lack of foresight there's no other way to advance the quest. Still...

code:
>Llama is a dirty cheat

Fixed.

I suppose while I'm CHIMing my way around the game...

Time to bring the Emperor's justice to the malefactor.

Bjorca: Sorry, broham, that still doesn't get you off the hook. Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Foryn Gilnith:

THIS ORC HAS A NAME AND SHE IS GOING TO CARVE IT INTO YOUR CORPSE, MOTHERFUCKER :black101:

That's the end of that one. Oh well, I can at least clean up this guy's shack and use it for myself. My own little home in Seyda Neen, provided the cell doesn't reset.

I inform Socucius Ergalla of my slaying of the murderous tax dodger and leave the census office 500 gold richer.

All that's left to do now is to find a good vantage point on top of the lighthouse and wait for Fargoth.

Sure enough, he makes his nightly visit and I make off with the contents of the hollow stump.

Hrisskar is so pleased with my efforts he only takes 200 gold and I get to keep the rest, including Fargoth's nifty ring.

The proceeds go towards another training session with Elone.

Bjorca: I'll finish you if you speak to me like that again! Who do you think you are?

Vodunius Nuccius:

Bjorca: A magic ring? Sure, I'll take it off your hands.

Vodunius Nuccius:

Bjorca: Remember that next time you decide to tell someone to go get killed, fetcher.

This is what 100 drakes bought me. If it weren't for the Damage Health effect, it would actually be pretty useful. But all it is right now is vendor trash.

Arrille's such a good sport, he doesn't even look at my merch, he just forks over the cash.

He also has a new spell in stock, which is good because I could really use a Restoration-class spell.

Next: joining the Mages Guild!

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 24, 2014

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

ScreamingLlama posted:

Well, that explains how he got up in the air in the first place. Something to file under 'don't try this at home', perhaps.

Not only at home: the first time I died in this game was because I tried one of the scrolls; pointing towards the sea direction was not enough.

By the way, the fastest Morrowind speedrun I've ever seen (6-7 minutes) makes an incredible use of them.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Oh boy, every time there's a Morrowind LP, I dig out my discs and reinstall. There goes my weekend...

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Guy Fawkes posted:

Not only at home: the first time I died in this game was because I tried one of the scrolls; pointing towards the sea direction was not enough.

By the way, the fastest Morrowind speedrun I've ever seen (6-7 minutes) makes an incredible use of them.

I've seen that; they make this incredible jump into the void, landing perfectly in a particular 'late-game' area.

A bit of technical trivia on the Tarhiel encounter: if you look at your character's face using the third-person camera while Tarhiel is screaming, you'll see your character's mouth moving as if they are the one screaming. (And I guess they must be, behind the scenes.)

The same thing happens when Daedric princes speak to you through their shrines.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Actually, one other route to finishing the quest is to look at the tax records on Vitellius' corpse. Foryn Gilnith is one of the people yet to pay his taxes, and has the greatest debt. I never realized you could ask what's-her-face from the lighthouse, though.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Actually, one other route to finishing the quest is to look at the tax records on Vitellius' corpse. Foryn Gilnith is one of the people yet to pay his taxes, and has the greatest debt. I never realized you could ask what's-her-face from the lighthouse, though.
That jewelry Foryn said Vitellius was flaunting around and had bought with the money he got from the taxes? If you talk to lighthousegal you find out that it was actually a gift from her, in addition to pointing the player towards the culprit.
If you bring her back the ring, she gives you a few Restore Health potions, which can be handy to have when starting out.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Good to see that you're picking this up quickly again Llama.

Although I will say Lizard is right and really you should have probs stuck with short blade for now, although dumping money into long blade if you really want it is also acceptable.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Another benefit of short blade specialty is that there's an easy-to-get high-quality weapon right away for anybody who has a little gold to spend on travel.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Fawkes posted:

Maybe I could make a spell that does that later on. It would sure save me a lot of travel time/strider money.

Gridlocked posted:

Good to see that you're picking this up quickly again Llama.

Although I will say Lizard is right and really you should have probs stuck with short blade for now, although dumping money into long blade if you really want it is also acceptable.

I keep picking up long blades when looting and already have a kickass magic long blade, so I may as well stick with that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ScreamingLlama posted:

I keep picking up long blades when looting and already have a kickass magic long blade, so I may as well stick with that.

Seriously, are you willfully ignoring the reason you shouldn't use a long blade at this point in the game? We're trying to help.

WinterSteel
Nov 1, 2012

Seyser Koze posted:

Another benefit of short blade specialty is that there's an easy-to-get high-quality weapon right away for anybody who has a little gold to spend on travel.

If that's the one I'm thinking of, I only found it on one of my recent playthroughs. However it can give an absolutely amazing weapon for most weapon classes, again, if you're willing to travel a bit and try and figure it out. I think it's a somewhat hidden quest?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

WinterSteel posted:

If that's the one I'm thinking of, I only found it on one of my recent playthroughs. However it can give an absolutely amazing weapon for most weapon classes, again, if you're willing to travel a bit and try and figure it out. I think it's a somewhat hidden quest?

Not a quest, just lying there. Easy to get, but hard to find if you don't know it's there.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Seriously, are you willfully ignoring the reason you shouldn't use a long blade at this point in the game? We're trying to help.

You're the one who said I had to suffer. :P Even if you didn't really mean it, I don't want the game to become too easy too early. Let's save the really game-breaking poo poo for later.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

WinterSteel posted:

Could someone be less vague about the weapon in question? I just checked UESP to see if there was anything obvious and nothing jumped out.

I'm another one replaying thanks to the LP.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ScreamingLlama posted:

You're the one who said I had to suffer. :P Even if you didn't really mean it, I don't want the game to become too easy too early. Let's save the really game-breaking poo poo for later.

I'm not asking you to break the game, I'm suggesting that you use the weapon you're most able to hit things with. :psyduck:

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
It's a screenshot LP, let him play however the hell he wants? Seriously what is your problem?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

RickVoid posted:

Could someone be less vague about the weapon in question? I just checked UESP to see if there was anything obvious and nothing jumped out.

I'm another one replaying thanks to the LP.

There's an ebony shortsword just lying behind one of the gratings in the Arena sewers in Vivec. Free for the taking, assuming you can kill some rats and maybe a skeleton or two.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Why are you afraid of "breaking the game too early" when you are already using console cheats? You can do so much in Morrowind. Accepting consequences is part of the game. "Too bad I can't complete that quest, but at least I got a nice house out of it!"

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Shbobdb posted:

Why are you afraid of "breaking the game too early" when you are already using console cheats? You can do so much in Morrowind. Accepting consequences is part of the game. "Too bad I can't complete that quest, but at least I got a nice house out of it!"

Well, to be fair, the likely reaction of a normal person to the situation would probably be to hide the body a bit better, then go back and say 'Ah, couldn't find her, is there someone else I can talk to?'
I mean, I didn't get the impression she was the only source of info, just that she was the source the game put there.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Zeron posted:

It's a screenshot LP, let him play however the hell he wants? Seriously what is your problem?

Yes, it's a screenshot LP. On an internet forum. Said LP is subject to the replies of other users on the internet forum. Seriously what is your problem?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I too care about events that happen between screenshots that I will never see and that will have little impact on the updates at large.

WinterSteel
Nov 1, 2012

Seyser Koze posted:

There's an ebony shortsword just lying behind one of the gratings in the Arena sewers in Vivec. Free for the taking, assuming you can kill some rats and maybe a skeleton or two.

Ah, that one. I didn't mean to be too vague, but I was thinking of the choice of weapon you get from Dram Bero, I believe it was, after going into a small mine off to the left side of Balmora (coming in for the first time, on the tall cliffs near the bridge) packed with atronachs.

Goes to show just how much stuff there is if some of us are discovering these even after years of play.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shbobdb posted:

Fixing broken quests doesn't count (although I will cop to cheating on the locked chest, I should have left it alone). I'm not going to cheat my way right through the game, it'll ruin the LP.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yes, it's a screenshot LP. On an internet forum. Said LP is subject to the replies of other users on the internet forum. Seriously what is your problem?

The problem is your whining. I'm going with Long Blade, it's my choice, so deal with it.

WinterSteel posted:

*spoiley spoiley spoil*

I might look into those if I ever find myself in need of such objects. Right now, though, it's :science: time.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There's also a pretty drat good shortsword you can get for cheap off a pawn shop in Ald'ruhn. All it takes is a bit of repair.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Seyser Koze posted:

There's also a glass halbred in a desk in Tel Ahrun and then all the other hosed up easy bs there for breaking the game. FFS, lets let him flail around.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

lets let him flail around

Yeah, can't a man stumble around (mostly) blind in his own LP? New rule: if you need a spoiler tag to hide it, don't post it. And quit talking about mods while you're at it, this is a vanilla game and it just ain't gonna happen.

Chapter IV: The Taskmasters

Back in Balmora once again, I alight from the siltstrider only to make a beeline for the Mages Guild hall.

Bjorca: Yes, I would absolutely love to join the Mages Guild.

Ranis Athrys:

Bjorca: What exactly does this oath entail?

Ranis Athrys:

Bjorca: I will perform any duties assigned to me by masters of the Guild. I will learn from them and grow strong. My knowledge will be shared freely with other members. I shall never strike nor steal from another member. This is my solemn vow, from this day until my last day.

Ranis Athrys:

Bjorca: What duties do you have for me? I'm eager to begin.

Ranis Athrys:

Bjorca: All right then.

Just near Ranis is a common supply chest. Inside I find OH MALACATH YES

Bjorca: Greetings, fellow Orc. I won't bother you for long. Do you have any spells I can buy?

Sharn gra-Muzgob: Hmph. I had you figured for a mage. Maybe you'll appreciate these?

My first Alteration spell!

And my first Mysticism spell! This is turning out to be a good day for me.

Ajira, a striped orange Khajiit, is in the next room over, beyond the sleeping partitions.

Bjorca: I think I'll give training a pass for now. Do you have any stuff that needs doing? Any duties for a lowly Associate like myself?

Ajira:

Bjorca: What kind of mushrooms?

Ajira:

Bjorca: Actually, I think I have some samples of those in my bag *rummage rummage*

Ajira:

Ajira gives me some low-end health regen potions. Not bad for a few plants I picked up around Seyda Neen :smug:

Ajira:

Bjorca: Sure, I'm up for a good prank. Back in a jiffy.

Galbedir's desk is right up the top of the second set of stairs, near the door I came in.

One fake soul gem. I wonder if it's just a dummy or if it's rigged to blow up or something.

Exit one clueless Bosmer twit, stage right. Enjoy your soul gem. :hurr:

Ajira:

Bjorca: No problem. Anything else?

Ajira:

Bjorca: I've never been there. Is it far?

Ajira:

Bjorca: I'll be back with your flowers. Don't go anywhere.

No strider ride this time. I'm hoofing it out across the foyada.

Plenty of time to pick a few samples of my own along the way.

Fort Moonmoth, home to the West Gash Imperial Legion garrison. It looks jarringly out of place - Cyrodiilic architecture in the middle of Morrowind - but also kind of cool.

Foyada Mamaca. Who builds a highway through a bloody lava spillway, that's what I want to know. Bloody dark elves! Anyway, I go straight ahead here, then take a hard left...

...out of the foyada, over a slight hump and straight ahead at these crossroads to reach Lake Amaya.

A stone's throw later, I come across the first flower on my list.

Stoneflower petals? Check.

Willow Flower? Double check. I also gather the nearby black anther; even though it's not that useful, people will still pay me for it.

It's getting dark, so I throw caution to the wind and run back the way I came.

Night falls just as I cross the Odai and return to the guild hall. It's 9pm, but Ajira is still up and mixing.

Ajira:

She stuffs a few more potions into my inventory, including frost and fire resistance.

Bjorca: Anything else before I turn in?

Ajira:

I suppose a little late-night shopping never hurt anyone. Fortunately, Ra'Virr's is right next door and he has some excellent quality ceramic bowls for sale.

Ajira:

Bjorca: STOLEN!? Don't people swear oaths around here?

Ajira:

Bjorca: THAT HIGH ELF BITCH :argh:

Bjorca: As soon as I can prove what you did, your golden rear end is mine.

Fortunately, it doesn't take long to find one of the missing reports. I suppose at least Galbedir isn't willing to sink to plagiarism.

A few pokes of the lockpick yields... an empty chest.

This closet took a LOT of lockpicking and actually used up one of my picks. The report's not in there, but I'm prepared to toss the entire guild hall until I find the other report. Failing that, I may have to bend my oath and turn Galbedir upside down and shake her until the report falls out...

Oh. There it is.

Ajira:

MORE potions. Well, she is an alchemist, and whatever I don't need I can always sell back to her.

In the meantime, it's midnight and I'm buggered. Good night, Balmora.

Next morning I do some more Alchemy.

Everything I don't need, including my quest rewards, is sold to Ajira for a sizable profit.

I even cross her palm with gold for a spot of training.

Then I check in with Guildmaster Athrys to find out if I've earned my promotion yet.

Turns out yesterday and last night's odd jobs racked up quite a bit of favour with the guild. :effortless:

Bjorca: So, do you have an jobs for a newly-minted Apprentice-Journeyman-Evoker?

Ranis Athrys:

Bjorca: Who's this Telvanni fellow and where do I find him?

Ranis Athrys:

Bjorca: How much does she owe?

Ranis Athrys:

Bjorca: :sbahj:

Note to self: Pay your loving guild dues or the guild will end your poo poo.

Outside Balmora, I decide to explore a bit and meander northward along the riverbank.

Pick a few flowers, kill a few critters and what's this?

Do you goons REALLY want me to go in there?

I had no idea scribs could paralyze you. I do now.

I AM GOING TO CUT YOU some loving time this era would be nice :orks101:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make scrib jelly. Tune in next time for Cooking with Bjorca!

After scooping up the jelly, I had a short yarn with these two out on smoko. They work in the egg mine just behind that hillock.

The choice is yours, goons. What shall we do first?

• Find Llarar Bereloth and convince him to join the guild
  • Recover Manwe's guild dues
  • Enter the Tomb of Nope
  • Check out the egg mine
  • Go look for that ebony sword in Vivec Seyzer Koze mentioned

To be continued...

Phew, that was a long chapter! 61 images in total. I also had to spend some time relabelling them after a file name cock-up and Rightload was acting funny on top of that.

I should also mention I found a better way of reconfiguring the controls for Morrowind. (A definite advantage of PC gaming over console: controls that suit you :D ) I'm using the keyboard numberpad for immediate-use controls like movement, walk/run, use, activate, etc. I also changed the ready weapon/magic buttons to my mousewheel, so getting out my spell or sword (or changing between them) is as easy as flicking the wheel up or down. It's definitely an improvement over the standard controls, which are (to quote Zero Punctuation) about as smooth and intuitive as shifting from fifth to reverse in a car with a missing gear lever.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Go do the joining/guild dues job. It's two quests in one journey! Efficient!
Also, actually reading those reports is kind of useful, they contain basic potion recipes. And the real reward is actually Ajiira being one of the better fences in the game, well-located and buys alchemy ingredients and drugs.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 25, 2014

• Locked thread