Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
The thing that I'm loving most about this LP, so far, is that it's mirroring my own experiences with Morrowind.

That is, multiple restarts because you screwed something up.

Old Grey Guy posted:

The most recent versions of the Unofficial patch and the code patch are linked on these pages:

UOP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Patch_Project

CP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch

So the links from the UESP page link to here which is an incredible list of suggested mods (placed in the order they should be installed! What a concept!), each of which is given a short two to three paragraph review written by a man who is barely hanging on to his sanity, and the mods themselves are not helping him overmuch. It's basically MorrowindModding.txt and I can't believe I'm reading the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

tlarn posted:

Spending more time downloading, installing and configuring mods than actually playing the game is the essential modern Bethesda experience, to be fair.

Fixed that for you.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

WinterSteel posted:

If that's the one I'm thinking of, I only found it on one of my recent playthroughs. However it can give an absolutely amazing weapon for most weapon classes, again, if you're willing to travel a bit and try and figure it out. I think it's a somewhat hidden quest?

Could someone be less vague about the weapon in question? I just checked UESP to see if there was anything obvious and nothing jumped out.

I'm another one replaying thanks to the LP.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ScreamingLlama posted:

She seems awful snooty and annoying (and golden-skinned) for a Bosmer. Aren't they normally browner than that?

Wow, yeah, I was always under the impression she was Altmer as well.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So I happen to have a copy of The Morrowind Prophecies, the guide Bethesda put out for the game after the GOTY Edition was released. It's really pretty good, and points out a lot of things while merely nudging the player in the direction of others. In general I haven't found any errors were it says that something should be present when it isn't. Until now, at least.

On page 241 (for those of you who also have a copy and are following along at home), it lists, as part of a list of Wizard lairs, that in addition to the one Skeleton Key that can be found as part of the faction quests, there are another four that can be found at any time: it lists that one each can be found on dead bodies in the Redoran and Hlaalu underworks (in the Vivec cantons? UESP lists an Underworks as being accessible through waistworks in the Hlaalu Canton, and Redoran states that there is a corpse holding a Rusty Key in their Underworks), one in the dungeon Hanud (no mention on UESP), and one in the upper level keep in Berandas (again, no mention on UESP).

I'm gonna check at least three of these locations out tonight for myself, but does anyone know if they are actually there?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

RickVoid posted:

So I happen to have a copy of The Morrowind Prophecies, the guide Bethesda put out for the game after the GOTY Edition was released. It's really pretty good, and points out a lot of things while merely nudging the player in the direction of others. In general I haven't found any errors were it says that something should be present when it isn't. Until now, at least.

On page 241 (for those of you who also have a copy and are following along at home), it lists, as part of a list of Wizard lairs, that in addition to the one Skeleton Key that can be found as part of the faction quests, there are another four that can be found at any time: it lists that one each can be found on dead bodies in the Redoran and Hlaalu underworks (in the Vivec cantons? UESP lists an Underworks as being accessible through waistworks in the Hlaalu Canton, and Redoran states that there is a corpse holding a Rusty Key in their Underworks), one in the dungeon Hanud (no mention on UESP), and one in the upper level keep in Berandas (again, no mention on UESP).

I'm gonna check at least three of these locations out tonight for myself, but does anyone know if they are actually there?

Checked out the Redoran and Hlaalu underworks. Not a drat thing. I'm betting the other two will be a bust too. Must have been originally written before the game was released and they removed them later.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Antistar01 posted:

The more you know about what that image is depicting, the creepier it is.

Yet still more canon than CHIM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

No no you are actually quite right.

You are sent to investigate the death of a noble in Balmora to prove it wasn't Redoran doing and once you are done the house empties out and you have the keys so you can use it as a stash

And said dead noble is a corpse that never goes away and can hold an infinite amount of stuff, and his inventory never resets.

• Locked thread