Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Noted. I'll track down the Unofficial Patch, hopefully it'll work with the Steam edition.
I can confirm that the Morrowind Code Patch works on the Steam edition.
It also gives a fair few options if for some reason you don't want a specific bug to be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Morrowind's MQ is great largely because, to keep it spoiler free, it flat out says at times 'go do something else for a while, then come back'. Important Stuff is happening, but for the love of god, take the chance to prepare yourself. And it isn't contrived.
And you don't need mods to quickly skip through the introduction and character creation on subsequent playthroughs. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

aerion111 posted:

...What way is there to skip introductions and/or char-gen on new-game-plus-esque?
I don't think there are any mods for Morrowind, since it really doesn't take long to go through the initial sequence, but there are quite a few for Oblivion and Skyrim that allow you to skip the whole introductory sequence/dungeon and even have alternate starts.
Also, alternatively, one can probably use the console to teleport outside and progress the main quest to skip all.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Actually, one other route to finishing the quest is to look at the tax records on Vitellius' corpse. Foryn Gilnith is one of the people yet to pay his taxes, and has the greatest debt. I never realized you could ask what's-her-face from the lighthouse, though.
That jewelry Foryn said Vitellius was flaunting around and had bought with the money he got from the taxes? If you talk to lighthousegal you find out that it was actually a gift from her, in addition to pointing the player towards the culprit.
If you bring her back the ring, she gives you a few Restore Health potions, which can be handy to have when starting out.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Fishy? She's a goddamn shark! I kinda figured the whole guild was like that, though.
Nah, not the whole guild. But there are certain elements that are pretty nasty.
But killing Itermerel, while being the quick choice, is also the dirty one and could make things interesting down the line. :v:

And help him, for now.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

double nine posted:

I told you that no good deed goes unpunished :)
Of note for those that haven't played Morrowind, the "no good deed ever goes unpunished, outlander" that the Breton woman says before turning on the player is one of a very few unique voice clips in the game.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

There is a comely khajiit you should be loving.
This isn't a Bioware game. :v:

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm going to stop you right there because I'm not a goddamn furry.
If you are LP'ing Morrowind you might as well show all the content. :colbert:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Always nice to have an update showing why cliff racers are so beloved by the TES community. :haw:

Mikl posted:

Petition to rename the thread "Oh Give Me A Home, Where The Cliff Racers Roam" :allears:
Seconding that. :D

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Having a bit more stamina might have improved your potion-making abilities. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

anilEhilated posted:

Two words: Icarian Flight.

I don't see why you don't want to use it: just pop a cheap Slow-fall spell when you are about to hit the ground/fly above your destination and you are golden.
It will allow you to bypass hordes of cliffracers, at least. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

I suppose I should start breaking the game somewhere, maybe I should start with alchemy (assuming I can get all the ingredients I need). A sufficiently powerful Damage Health could knock down anyone.
But why would you make a Damage Health poison powerful enought to kill Bjorca?
There are plenty of ways to die in this game already. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

GuyUpNorth posted:

Classic Khajiit's dilemma! Does this one eat the moon sugar now or distill it into skooma?

The answer is

Gridlocked posted:

Yes

Stir it into your cheese fondue.
Eidar cheese fondue: you can taste the magicka flowing back into you. :chef:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Should we continue with the main quest or go do something else for a while, given that Caius has expressly told us to do so?
We could be respectable citizens and do some thieving, maybe? :ninja:
But even if we don't do that, we could progress a little in the House and current guild questlines as an intermission and then get back on the Main Quest.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Pickpocket in this game is supposed to be based mainly on the Sneak skill, but from what I'm reading it's bugged and the chance of success isn't affected by your skill as much as it should, unless you download the Morrowind Code Patch.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Honestly if you're doing the quest I think you're doing its better just to bribe the butler.
This is probably the best way of dealing with it.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Then I come back and kill him, turning the whole club hostile.
Funny thing about the whole "murdering the cornerclub" is that I would argue is ultimately the more efficient way of doing things. :v:

Edit
real adventurers are thorough :colbert:
Nonetheless you should consider visiting the fort outside Balmora one of these days.
\/\/\/\/

radintorov fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 1, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Old Grey Guy posted:

You'll get over it. Even a severe case of Oblivionitis such as the one you're suffering from isn't a permanent condition. :)
It's Morrowind, after all: stabbing random Dunmer is expected. :D
Also you could've talked to the bartender further down the stairs from Habasi to have your bounty removed, I believe at a reduced cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

Can't you just insult someone until they attack you, or was that Oblivion? If you don't hit first, it was clearly self defense and all legal-like.
You can, but like the other Speechcraft options, it requires a good level of skill to succeed in insulting someone enough for them to attack you.

• Locked thread