Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

edit: I didn't read.

double nine fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The big disappointment about athletics and acrobatics is that, the devs never made environments where you gained an advantage from using them. That is, there are no vertically designed tombs/towns and there is a severe detriment of loot you can only get by platforming. In my mind, acrobatics should be very useful for a cat burglar but neither the toolset the game gives nor the environment allows for such a fantasy/roleplay.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

No good deed goes unpunished. Go help him.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Make new character -> silt strider -> balmora -> sword of white woe. Literally takes less than 5 minutes and it'll carry you through the early game if you're a long sword user. It's one of the many nice things of morrowind: there is powerful stuff lying around in easy to reach places but you need to use a guide to find them all.

double nine fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 22, 2014

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I told you that no good deed goes unpunished :)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Old Grey Guy posted:

How interesting was the thing that you found? Did you actually find what there is to be found?

Also, you seem to be confusing Bretons with Imperials. :)

:raise: *goes on wiki* :eyepop:

I never knew that!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

also stats in your character menu that are red have a negative modifier (spell/disease/item effect) while stats that are white have buffs.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

Hours of gameplay screenshots, all loving GONE because I can't batch rename files properly.

I'm going to have to do like Lizard Wizard and do an MS Paint update or something.

Just....aaaargh. I'm so full of fail right now.

I think that gimp can be programmed to do batch renaming.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

Crap, I forgot to mention that. No, I didn't give him any money. He flipped his poo poo something epic after the third refusal.

He was waiting for me outside the temple after I got a magicka refill, too.

:allears:

"you think luck is a dumpstat? Fine, let me demonstrate how useless it is!" - some frustrated dev.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tylana posted:

If forget, do you get stuff confiscated when you pay a fine in this game? Or when you get arrested?
I do like the jail time option/penalty. It's certainly enough to make you rather not do it, whilst being much nicer than "Game Over".

you do. The stuff you have stolen gets put in a crate marked "evidence chest" that's normally in the town that you did time in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

God, I remember when I first played Morrowind the framerate would tank completely any time I looked at the particle effects of the propylon. If I wanted to use them I needed to look at the floor until I moved just next to a pylon and I could activate it.

How time and tech has changed.

• Locked thread