Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
LPix is a great improvement over PhotoBucket's begging for money and crashing. Glad to see this thing restarted. I'm always up for another run through Morrowind.

Re: "random" pilgrims: Aside from some container loot there is almost nothing random in Morrowind. The pilgrim you were searching for spawned here:

http://mwmap.uesp.net/?centeron=Nevrasa+Dralor

and then began to wander in that cell. The perceived randomness is almost always actually caused by some Bethesda nonsense like script errors, characters falling out of the bottom of the world, characters not spawning, ect.

On that same note, you really should consider the unofficial patch. I know others have pointed it out as well, but Morrowind is a truly broken product, and the longer you play the more the buggy scripts compound upon themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
Just a minor heads up: it is worth going to the Blade trainers right away even if you don't have the funds for their training. Most of them are around the Seyda Need/Pelegaid/Balmora area anyway.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
Do the Mage's Guild quests for now. The quest rewards are actually more useful for a non-caster, but there are still some good utility items.

If you want to stick with shortblades try Wayn at the Fighter's Guild in Balmora, however Long Blade is probably a better long-term idea as you can buff strength without overleveling.

Honestly, I enjoy this meandering style far more than a Playing the Right Way LP. Keep it up.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
He doesn't want to work, he just wants to bang on his drum all day.

Re: Maar Gan, it is north of Ald'ruhn, which is north of Caldera. You can hoof it north and follow the signs, or take the Mage guide from Caldera to Ald'ruhn and then a stilt strider to Maar Gan.

Always go along with any naked Nords you find in Morrowind.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
How vanilla is this game, Llama? Are you running the official plugin set? If so, there is someone in the Caldera guild you should talk to about that Index.

Regardless, my vote would be travelling to Ald'ruhn to Get more quests from another guild hall.

If the DB attacks are becoming a pain in the rear end you can stop trigger for them by talking to the guard in Ebonhart, but I wouldn't suggest pursuing the rest of that questline at your current level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

I didn't get the plugins. I thought about it, but ultimately didn't bother.

Without the plugin the utility of the indices is significantly reduced, so don't kill yourself trying to collect all of them.

I would hold off on the Redoran quests just yet. Joining any house locks you out of the other house questlines, and as you say you've still got plenty of Mage's guild and main quest stuff to bang out.

Also note that in Morrowind the guild/house advancement system is tied directly to your skillset and stats. Redoran wants fighting skills and nothing else. Because you went for Sorcerer and not a straight-up Mage you have a couple of skills they value, but you would still be in for a fair bit of skill grinding to advance to the higher levels.

MF_James posted:

Don't you "acquire" a house during redoran quests too?

Each one of the three great house questlines results in you building/buying/stealing/growing/otherwise obtaining a mansion. You are also tasked with destroying the other two faction's mansions and killing your doppelganger in each.

Unload My Head fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 21, 2014

• Locked thread