Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
ScreamingLlama, the Dark Brotherhood scripting and plenty others are seriously faulty to the point where the can ruin your saved games. They need patching with the Unofficial Patch. 'No mods' is one thing, 'unpatched' is another. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
The most recent versions of the Unofficial patch and the code patch are linked on these pages:

UOP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Patch_Project

CP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Seyser Koze posted:

There's an ebony shortsword just lying behind one of the gratings in the Arena sewers in Vivec. Free for the taking, assuming you can kill some rats and maybe a skeleton or two.

There's another ebony shortsword stuck in the ground behind the spot where Rethan Manor will be built just west of Balmora. It's a bit of a trek but you can just walk north along the coast from Seyda Neen and grab it.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm a Telvanni fan because Neloth. Neloth's just that cool, especially in Dragonborn. He's a honey badger; eh grows his own mansion and doesn't afraid of anything. :D

Things are quite different before all the retconning in OB and SK in Morrowind. I'm backing up everyone's suggestion to join House Redoran.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
^ Morrowind is a generous game overall. You're definitely allowed 'to have nice things'. Just about anything is more useful than in later Elder Scrolls games, and you can adjust the way you get through the game by what you decide to pick up.

Gridlocked posted:

No no you are actually quite right.

You are sent to investigate the death of a noble in Balmora to prove it wasn't Redoran doing and once you are done the house empties out and you have the keys so you can use it as a stash

While we're sperging out: The player's actual stronghold is built for them during their respective Great House questline.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

I stopped in at the temple to pay my respects and found something interesting.

How interesting was the thing that you found? Did you actually find what there is to be found?

Also, you seem to be confusing Bretons with Imperials. :)

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

I just had a thought: would the effect from a Levitation potion and/or spell cast from magicka stack with the Wizard's Staff? If so, then there's the solution (albeit one that would require a lot of preparation).

Yes, they do stack, like feather potions & spells etc.

Also, cheers for playing the game your way. I find it a lot more interesting to see approaches differing from what 'everyone' does.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

To be honest, Bjorca's plenty squishy anyway. It took about a dozen attempts to kill that second Dremora at the Daedric shrine. If it's not possible to poison a weapon in Morrowind, there's always the trick of reverse-pickpocketing a poison onto someone.

Poison is a regular damage type in Morrowind, and reverse pickpockting rarely works, as NPCs don't really have schedules. If you have trouble surviving, enchant a strong weapon that restores your health on hit.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
This was the point where the story really started to grip me when I played the game for the first time. And having your characters addressed by their name was still a thing, too. :allears:

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

Should we continue with the main quest or go do something else for a while, given that Caius has expressly told us to do so?

There's plenty to do at low levels still, so yeah, join another faction. Thieves Guild sounds good.

Also this:

FELD1 posted:

I like the feeling of actually working out of a certain city for a period, and getting to know the town better. Then when I've finished with a quest line, I move on like a drifter. One of my fondest Morrowind memories is a few days I spent working through the Imperial Legion quests in Gnisis, and exploring the surrounding areas to train my skills. Started to get the lay of the land, and learned where shops and services were.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Honestly if you're doing the quest I think you're doing its better just to bribe the butler.

Seconding this.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

I was worried it might be related to vampirism, since in Oblivion you have nightmares just before you reach more advanced stages of the condition.

Morrowind has vampirism dreams, too, but this wasn't one of them.

ScreamingLlama posted:

I didn't murder the whole club, just the one dude.

That was the bribable butler people spoke of. Dealing with the Corner Club's outfit only after Habasi's quest is the better option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson about stabbing every Dunmer who looks at me funny after Thavere Vedrano, but apparently not.

You'll get over it. Even a severe case of Oblivionitis such as the one you're suffering from isn't a permanent condition. :)

• Locked thread