Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Welcome back Llama!

Looking forward to continuing our adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Good to see that you're picking this up quickly again Llama.

Although I will say Lizard is right and really you should have probs stuck with short blade for now, although dumping money into long blade if you really want it is also acceptable.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I say clear out the Egg mine

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

The polls are now CLOSED. The votes are in: we're off to see the Telvanni, then collect some long-overdue dues.

Eeeww House Telvanni. All the cool guys are in Redoran; and the Imperial Mages Guild doesn't like them either. Which is awkward for a quest later, post main story line if you keep playing.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 27, 2014

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

TELVANNI FOREVER :science:

I choose the Empire. :histdowns:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RickVoid posted:

Yet still more canon than CHIM.

It's CHIM. Accept it.

Personally I am all for having CHIM as part of the fluff for TES. I like how Bethesda justifies mods as part of their story.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ghost Stromboli posted:

This always bugged me with Skyrim. It feels weird to knowingly forsake the whole dragon business because I just wanted to make one particular sort of character.

Again that is why I enjoyed the Live Another Life mod. It stopped the main quest from happening in all bar one alternate start so you could live out your life as a wizard, bandit, Thalmor spy, whatever without feeling pressure to complete the main quest because there were dragons zooming around eating people until you were ready for it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I only just realised that your sword is infact a Claymore not a long sword. Very Orcy.

Good job surviving the Dark Brotherhood ambush too, if you were a light armour user that guy gives you some great stuff but I guess for us now it's just money in the pocket. And incase you didn't already know the quest you get from that is part of the Tribunal expansion which is supposed to happen post-main quest.

Once you get to level 5 or so you should go swimming off the coast of Hla Oad, it's one of the things I like to do around that level and you may find some interesting stuff to do

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Arcade Rabbit posted:

What do those three spells actually do? I've never touched this game, though I'm definitely thinking about picking it up once I have the money and have found some quality of life mods.

Back in the days before map fast travel all we had was Mark, Recall and Almsivi/Divine Intervention.

And thats the way we liked it ya young whippersnappers.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

anilEhilated posted:

There's also the in-universe fast travel system by using vehicles and striders as opposed to plot bullshit teleportation.

Totally modded my Skyrim so fast travel was disabled and added in a bunch more carts and boats to fast travel around the map. It's amazing how big the provinces are once you remove your ability to teleport around.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

When I play Skyrim, I try to keep fast travel to a minimum and go on foot or by horse or (werewolf) beast form. It's fun to just canter along on horseback and watch the scenery go by.

Morrowind is the same; I only used teleport spells to get out of danger. As old as the game is, the environment is still pretty cool.

e: plus there's the Athletics and Acrobatics skills to consider

I think you will find that you will be using Mark and Recall a lot in dungeons to scout ahead or to lure enemies into areas so it's easier to kill them. They are insanely useful spells to have.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I liked Athletics purely for the reduced stamina burn while running but I always felt it never really did much as a skill, especially because your move speed was more governed by your Speed stat than your Athletics skill. Acrobatics received more love because jumping about cities is way fun and in Oblivion it was one of the most stupidly powerful skills combined with magic or a bow because you could literally jump out of harms way and shoot bad guys from the rafters.

Some more things like high windows you could jump into for Thieves Guild missions or hard landings you needed the skill cap to survive would have been good though.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

You witch sympathizer. I bet you just leave the pantsless dunmer helpless and naked in the river too.

I totally did.

I was the god damned Nerevarine not some errand boy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Wizard of Smart posted:

I killed vivec with the fork of horpilation.

poo poo son you crazy. I was annoyed enough beating on the Netch with that.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

aerion111 posted:

Eh, actually, Mount and Blade also does the 'bribe to get money' - though they specifically frame it as 'I'll give you a discount - equal to what would normally be my commission - if you'll just pay right now' with, in my opinion, the implication that if they say no they'll just keep getting people coming by, and they might not be so nice.

Honestly it's all better than the Oblivion Wheel-O-Speechcraft.

That was really stupid.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

tlarn posted:

Speechcraft was in the same situation as Lockpicking in Oblivion in that you could completely skip tagging those skills if you knew how the minigame worked, yeah?

Yes because I believe it only made a difference in how much bribes cost, how much you lost for giving people the negative response or if you could rotate the wheel freely.

Infact you should really never tag it at all because then you would level up too quickly from just talking to people.

In Oblivion smart people put the skills that leveled up slowly, or the ones they were never using as their primary's and the ones they really used a lot as their secondaries in order to slow the leveling process.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

anilEhilated posted:

In Oblivion smart people realized that the only skill that actually did anything was Athletics.

Acrobatics was fun if you were an archer. "Oh no the skellingtons can't hit me if I jump up on this small ledge."

Lizard Wizard posted:

You are wrong, and have made it clear that you don't know anything about Oblivion. It should be a main skill that you ignore so that you can pump some juice into an actually useful skill that you do want to increase until you're a fuckin' pro without dicking over your stats.

So what you take it as a Primary but don't do it till you have the Secondaries up enough that you get maximum value from your level up's then talking to people a bunch for lazy mode level ups?

That could also work. I generally avoided putting anything I used into Primaries just so I could take an axe out and bash a few dudes later for the level ups. If I was more controlled with my use of speechcraft it would have been the same, but I hated having to talk to people more than once so I just did the mini game on every person I talked to for the first time so I didn't have to do it again later.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lizard Wizard posted:

You'd think that, but personality is poo poo so it's literally just to never touch Speechcraft and actually do worthwhile stuff.

True enough. I just got annoyed at not having the Rotate bonus sometimes because it meant I would have to play the minigame more than once.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
To start, it's great to see you back Llama.

Lizard Wizard posted:

By god, you do know how to play Morrowind. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. :allears:

Thats what he has been doing this entire time: :ninja:Sneaky practice on the side.:ninja: Either way it's worked out great and this is now becoming super excellent! That being said an Orc who worships the Tribunal? Heresy!

Also Moving to Ald'ruhn and working for the guild there is a great choice as already outlined. Totally worth the cash and I for one have a hardon for all things Redoran. I know we discussed joining up with the Telvanni too, but you should totally consider throwing your lot in with Redoran. They are the house most accepting of outsiders, Telvanni are all "Secrets of magic" this and "Klingon Promotions" that while Hlaalu are fine with outsiders as long as they are spies; which Bjorca is quite obviously not.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

MF_James posted:

Ahhh that's right! It's been too long since I played morrowind.

No no you are actually quite right.

You are sent to investigate the death of a noble in Balmora to prove it wasn't Redoran doing and once you are done the house empties out and you have the keys so you can use it as a stash

Tylana posted:

I think, what LizWiz is trying to say, is playing Morrowind is about feeling glee. It is a toybox, play with toys. :D

Exactly! There is no WRONG way to play Morrowind, there are just many different things you can do and you need to make an active choice in doing them rather than expecting good poo poo to come to you. Get out, do quests, explore and experiment with poo poo; that's how you play Morrowind.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 21, 2014

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

That's my general Elder Scrolls experience taking over. If you're lucky enough to lay your hands on a dwarven warhammer with a good enchantment at lower levels (or in the case of Skyrim, grind your Smithing skill and make one), it will pretty much carry you through the early game.

I don't blame you man. If I am a Long Blade user in Morrowind I generally spend the first couple of hours of the game going and cheesing the Bohemia quest to get the katana Goldbrand which basically never gets replaced.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

anilEhilated posted:

edit: Oh, now I remember what he missed. You should really go back and check that pillar you screenshotted so nicely from up close.

I was just thinking that. Actually.

Also you appear to have some disease of some sort sapping your Personality away. Double reasons to go back.

If you didn't already know when you open the the inventory/map etc you can mouse over the icons in the lower right to find out what they mean.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

anilEhilated posted:

They're also kinda important to this game's plot.

Only kinda :keke:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm going to stop you right there because I'm not a goddamn furry.

Nice to see you back Llama

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lizard Wizard posted:

There's a comely khajiit you should be leading on so you can do a boatload of cool quests for her, then. :v:

Man wizard what happened to your avatar? Need to get you a Argonian.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sometimes I like things that aren't Argonians. :v:

But you're Lizard Wizard not Laser Llama

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lizard Wizard posted:

And you, sir, are not Garbage Dick Jones.

Actually I am.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lizard Wizard posted:

Alpaca my bags if you're gonna start a feud over this.

He really goat you there.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I can't believe I don't know or remember that staff. That's pretty awesome.

It's probs something to do with me being a dick and getting Goldbrand first every playthrough.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

According to UESP: There are only five copies of this staff. Edwinna Elbert, Procyon Nigilius and Anirne, all carry one of them. The other two can be found in the Urshilaku Burial Caverns and Ramimilk. You will need to acquire one of these staves to advance to the rank of Wizard within the Mages Guild (see A Wizard's Staff quest).

So I just completed a later guild objective without meaning to. Sweet. Plus it's made of ebony, which makes it as high-tier as you can get without going off looking for a unique weapon like Goldbrand or Mehrunes' Razor.

A Wizard's Staff (has a knob on the end)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GrimRevenant posted:

… which empowers it with the spirit of the daedroth whose heart you used. Killing them not enough? Bind your fallen foes into items and use them to smite your opponents! :black101:

By the way, should my word not be enough for you, pick up a copy of Darkest Darkness sometime.

:iia: :allears: Conjuration. :iit: :magical:

Go one better. Literally turn a demon into a hat and keep it forever.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

That's what soul gems are for.

Also Conjuration's Bound Items in Morrowind is described in you forcing a daedra of some description to appear in your world as a piece of equipment you can use.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

You do realize I'm going to keep doing it now just to annoy you, right?

1PT LEVITATION FOREVER :P

Like others said I would be Mr Sneaky and enchant a light ring or underpants or shirt or something like that to have 1pt of Slowfall then learn Fort Acrobatics 10000 spell and jump around like a madman.

That or just go get the Boots of Blinding speed now. With your starsign you can actually just equip-unequip until the negative effect of them gets absorbed. It's a bit cheeky but works great.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pvt.Scott posted:

This is actually canon, no joke.

CHIM as gently caress?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Poisons don't do poo poo in Morrowind sadly. Except make for something to sell.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Gnisis is not the worst.

Gnisis is far from the worst.

Go back to that temple of the Mask and activate the off-coloured panels of the shrine again.

Enjoy all the free magic you need.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pvt.Scott posted:

Smoke one of the legendary Elder Bowls and just go with the flow. :420:

gently caress that, in Morrowind you can just eat fuckin' Moon Sugar.

It's basically magical cocaine.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Yes

Stir it into your cheese fondue.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ScreamingLlama posted:

Hours of gameplay screenshots, all loving GONE because I can't batch rename files properly.

I'm going to have to do like Lizard Wizard and do an MS Paint update or something.

Just....aaaargh. I'm so full of fail right now.

MS paint sounds fun

Do eeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

double nine posted:

I think that gimp can be programmed to do batch renaming.

It has it as an inbuilt feature

• Locked thread