Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

lesbian baphomet posted:

do you have a video/audio link?

Most of the videos I could find of the werewolf part are using the exhanced edition which has less bad voices. All I could find of the original voices is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLm3R6ygc5s&t=138s and it doesn't have the line where the werewolf yells WE'RE ON THE SAME SIIIDE like a hillbilly cowboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

thank you for trying, at least.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Triss marigold is pretty hot op

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

lol

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
i thought the combat as janky and got bored of the story really quickly, honestly.

It's a very pretty game and triss is p. hot and they did that Playboy spread and stuff but after all the "Skyrim only gives the illusion of choice" stuff the developers screamed, I honestly just wanted to play more Skyrim afterwards :shobon:

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SarutosZero posted:

Most of the videos I could find of the werewolf part are using the exhanced edition which has less bad voices. All I could find of the original voices is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLm3R6ygc5s&t=138s and it doesn't have the line where the werewolf yells WE'RE ON THE SAME SIIIDE like a hillbilly cowboy

I am literally crying at this

Benny D posted:

Triss marigold is pretty hot op

factual

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i didnt have time to listen when he first posted it, but yeah, big lmao

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I liked it and am going to play it again right now. Good game.

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

i didnt have time to listen when he first posted it, but yeah, big lmao

yep.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Whenever I played any of the witcher games it felt like I was playing someones fanfiction.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/e9/34/00073666.0001.png

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I guess people like the writing and poo poo but I don't get it. Everyone talks like that one goon in every Games or GBS thread who calls things "Goblin-loving Cuntfart" and says phrases like "I'd be up a right wretched troll's bleeding arse hole" and stuff instead of talking like actual people talk, and also it's kind of generic fantasy stuff at that.

That's awesome though.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

SarutosZero posted:

In the original version of the witcher 1 before they improved the voice acting the werewolf's voice acting is one of the funniest things Ive ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

That's awesome though.

It's awesome if I see people talking like that in Games since it's easier to see them as real people doing it, if that makes sense. But if video game characters it's just like... augh, no.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah Witcher 1 was rough around the edges but it owned.
Then Witcher 2 just plain owned.
Now Witcher 3 gonna own again.
Hell even Witcher Adventure Game owns a little bit.

Witcher owns.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah Witcher 1 was rough around the edges but it owned.
Then Witcher 2 just plain owned.
Now Witcher 3 gonna own again.
Hell even Witcher Adventure Game owns a little bit.

Witcher owns.

ROFL.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish more games went the baldur's gate route of starting out as an extremely weak human being with battles against an undead kobold and a fart cloud at level 1 and then being a literal demigod by the end

ofc they would have to make fights as an extremely weak fag not boring and a slog, which i dont think is possible considering how many bad rpgs have tried it

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Thanks for the reminder to go play The Witcher series again. Good poo poo.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i wish more games went the baldur's gate route of starting out as an extremely weak human being with battles against an undead kobold and a fart cloud at level 1 and then being a literal demigod by the end

ofc they would have to make fights as an extremely weak fag not boring and a slog, which i dont think is possible considering how many bad rpgs have tried it

I dunno why people always say this in reference to Baldurs Gate because like 90% of all rpgs ever made do this.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 12, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tender Bender posted:

I dunno why people always say this in reference to Baldurs Gate because like 90% of all rpgs ever made do this.

It's because unlike most RPGs those early portions of Baldur's Gate were actually really dangerous dangerous until you mastered the game. Sure most RPGs start you off weak in a relative sense but in today's babby friend gaming environment the early zones are always easy as poo poo. But a random wolf in Baldur's Gate would rip out your loving throat and kill your rear end at the very beginning of the game if you weren't on top of your poo poo (and even still might).

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I own but never installed it because I couldn't get into (or past the tutorial level) 1.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i hate it because my game crashed after i killed the kraken or whatever in act 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

• Locked thread