Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Developer: Krillbite Studios
Genre: First-person horror
Released: 29 May 2014
More information: Website

Among the Sleep is a first-person horror that puts the player into the unique perspective of a two-year old toddler. Mommy has gone missing and we must find her, aided only by our trusty teddy bear. As we journey through our darkened home, our imagination might get the best of us...

What kind of LP will this be?

This will be a blind LP with minimal voice commentary. I generally like to be informative when possible and let the atmosphere take care of the rest.

How often will you update?

I will try to release updates at least every other night.

Is this game scary?

Not in the usual sense. There are a few jump scares, but given its unique perspective, it would be hard to compare this game to something like Slender: The Arrival or another modern first-person horror game. I would say that the game is more disturbing than jump-out-of-your-seat scary. Two-year olds are messed up, yo.

What's with the viewing angle?

The game was designed for the Occulus Rift, which lends itself to a wide viewing angle in order to simulate human sight. However, I am not using an OR for this LP, and the game plays fine without one.

Episodes (YouTube):
  • Episode 1: Night falls and we begin the search for our missing mother.
  • Episode 2: We enter the realm of our dreams and journey into the first world, the Playground.
  • Episode 3: We unlock the pieces to the Story, and unleash the evil within...
  • Episode 4: We journey through the sinister version of our own world.
  • Episode 5: We reach the end of the nightmare. But waking up is bitter sweet... THE END.
  • Bonus Episode: We play through the free "Prologue" DLC chapter.

Rush_shirt fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Two episodes to start this LP off:

Episode 1: Night falls and we begin the search for our missing mother.

Episode 2: We enter the realm of our dreams and journey into the first world, the Playground.

Rush_shirt fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 20, 2014

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Dareon posted:

One request, though, could you spend a little more time looking at those drawings? Some of them looked interesting, like the one in that treehollow near the underground section of the playground.

Certainly.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

New episode:

Episode 3: We unlock the pieces to the Story, and unleash the evil within...

I apologize for the low volume on my microphone in this episode.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

New episode:

Episode 4: We journey through the sinister version of our own world.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Bonus episode:

Bonus Episode: We play through the free "Prologue" DLC chapter.

Rush_shirt fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 8, 2014

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Final episode:

Episode 5: We reach the end of the nightmare. But waking up is bitter sweet...

Thank you all for watching. This was my first proper Let's Play for the forums. I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to state any feedback. I hope to start another Let's Play very soon.

Rush_shirt fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 11, 2014

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Delta Green posted:

Bit late for it but… Teddy's voice is that of the father. The father which gave Teddy to him.

Very subtle. He associated his father to safety and help. Thus, Teddy had his father's voice.

Ooo, good catch!

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Good news, everyone! The developer just released a new DLC chapter that's free for existing owners of the game. Expect a bonus update shortly.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Bonus episode:

Bonus Episode: We play through the free "Prologue" DLC chapter.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Thanks for the cultural lesson, Covski. It makes sense that Norwegian devs would put that in there.

Unfortunately, the video you provided is blocked in the States. :(

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

On the contrary, I'm sure the spoiler tags are appreciated. Thanks for the analysis! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Whoops, thought I fixed that. It's fixed now.

• Locked thread