Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
As a sidenote, the lullaby the mother is humming in the first episode is "Trollmors vaggvisa" (The Trollmother's Lullaby), a very common lullaby in Sweden and Norway (I don't know about other scandinavian countries). I have memories of my mother singing this to me when I was little, making it even more haunting in the game. Here is a version of the song with lyrics in Swedish.

Edit: Here and here are some other versions, since the first one was apparently blocked in the US.

A rough translation, if anyone is interested:

When the trollmother has laid the eleven little trolls (to bed)
And tied them by the tails
Then she slowly sings to the eleven little trolls
The most beautiful words she knows
Ho aj aj aj aj buff
Ho aj aj aj aj buff
Ho aj aj aj aj buff buff
Ho aj aj aj aj buff

(That last part is gibberish, I suppose trolls don't know a lot of beautiful words.)

It's only as an adult I've come to realize how haunting that melody actually is.

Covski fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Huh! I'll edit in some links to other versions :)

• Locked thread