Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Huh. That was over quickly. Never seen someone speedrun the LP subforum before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Well, I'll say it was a pretty good inaugural LP for you. I usually find that audio commentary over horror games, especially those as reliant on atmosphere as Among the Sleep, can undermine the horror, but you did a really good job. It's still amusing how quickly it went though, given how long most LP threads go on.

Though, if you plan on doing shorter games like this, you could always group them thematically and use one thread for all of them.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

At the outset, I was actually expecting the opposite story, with the ex-husband being a dangerous stalker, and Teddy's motives being more sinister, as a gift from him. On the other hand, the foreshadowing was there. The pink elephant (international symbol of drunkenness), the mother saying "You need to stop hiding from me" as though it had become a habit, her readiness to leave her child alone at the slightest distraction, and by the third chapter it was pretty clear that it was the mother that was the problem. Hell, it was subtle, but she even forgot about the cake entirely after dad dropped by, despite the poor kid only getting one bite. I suppose having been raised by a very dedicated single mother, myself, my initial perceptions were biased in the mother's favor from the outset, so I missed a lot of subtle cues I might not have otherwise overlooked.

Also, in the first chapter, when heading into the laundry room, is it just me, or did it sound like the mother might have had "company" over?

Lastly, alternate thread title: The Darkest Episode of Rugrats Ever.

• Locked thread