Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey all, thought I'd make a thread about what games I've been playing since I didn't see any threads about me on the first or second page. Anyway, here's the list.

• Hyrule Warriors
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Dota 2
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Nuclear Throne

As always, I'm keeping this thread up to date with the latest news, and of course - it's web 2.0 compatible. Check below for links to different social media websites and other places you can find bonzibuddy64 on the net.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bonzibuddy64
https://twitter.com/bonzibuddy64
http://www.twitch.tv/bonzibuddy64
http://backloggery.com/bonzibuddy64
https://ello.co/bonzibuddy64
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bonzisbuddies <*>NEW!

And remember - "Keep it Digital and Original" (my motto).

bonzibuddy64 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's play dota 2 tomorrow bonzai

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I meant bonzi

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

do you wanna be animal crossing pals

i can send you a ~perfect peach~

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Nobody cares.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Slur posted:

Nobody cares.

gently caress off.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
What villagers do you got

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Silver Striker posted:

gently caress off.

Correction: This guy cares. Bonzi, you're becoming more of an e-celebrity one day at a time!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I care

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Slur posted:

Nobody cares.

Wow, that's a really rude thing to say to a fellow gamer. Maybe you should apologise.

I like your games list, op. Who is your favourite hero in dota 2?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I was randomly browsing steam the other day and stumbled upon a review by bonzibuddy

welp that's my e celeb story

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lets play a dote impzone

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I got two cat villagers, Kitty and that chill stoner cat. also other cool villagers but I can't get rid of that loving green spergy she-bear. although since I gave her the catchphrase 'autism!!' it's a lot funnier.

it's p chill in my village all in all

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I actually can't tell if it is the real bonzi buddy but his screen name is bonzi buddy so im just going to hope with a stalwart heart that I did happen to cross his path

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

it was a review of split/second

he gave it a thumbs down

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im filled with AIDS and ready to play dote with you bonzi

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids

No Such Thing posted:

he gave it a thumbs down

What the gently caress

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Chalets the Baka posted:

What the gently caress

it was because it was a lovely port with no upgrades from the ps3 game. He said he liked the actual game but they should have done a better job with the graphix

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

im filled with AIDS and ready to play dote with you bonzi

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

gently caress off.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Slur posted:

Nobody cares.

Maybe dont click the thread then, retard. Seriously.. the idiocy levels of some of the people on this forum is through the roof. xD

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

No Such Thing posted:

I actually can't tell if it is the real bonzi buddy but his screen name is bonzi buddy so im just going to hope with a stalwart heart that I did happen to cross his path

No,theres a lot of bonzibuddys out there but im bonzibuddy64, and on steam my display name right now is klungo, with a klungo avatar with pink background.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
id be able to keep up better if you actually updated your backloggery

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

will u be my bonzi buddy on steam I am in the steam group

God bless

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
What do you think of the games you've been playing?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

elf help book posted:

Blackloggery.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Zoq a guy is playing games wrong in the morrowind thread and it is triggering me and I want you to ban him

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

ForeverSmug posted:

Zoq a guy is playing games wrong in the morrowind thread and it is triggering me and I want you to ban him

*Sighs and considers how good a gaming opinion must be to trigger ForeverSmug this badly.*

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

banning indiscriminately for petty bullshit is what moderation is all about

this fills all those criteria

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

Well, I actually do update it semi-frequently. There haven't really been any big notes that spring to mind for me to update it with, though. Maybe I'll give it a look-over after I make this post.

ForeverSmug posted:

will u be my bonzi buddy on steam I am in the steam group

God bless

Hmm.. I guess so. I don't know who you are on Steam, so you'll have to send me a friend request. I don't know what you mean by "the steam group", but that gives me an idea - I think I'll make a Bonzi's Buddies steam group.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Ahhh.. now here's a juicy question. I'll go into them one by one.

Hyrule Warriors
I like this game a lot more than I thought I would. I thought I was signing myself up for stupid hack and slash bullshit with a light coat of Zelda paint on it, but it's actually really fun and I guess the Zelda team was pretty heavily involved with this game's development. There are some characters I definitely don't like playing as, and some of the harder Adventure mode missions can get pretty stressful/challenging, but I'm enjoying it a lot - it's been a while since I've had the feeling of sitting down and digging in to a fun console game full of a lot of content like this one.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
I actually just restarted my town a few days ago because I was not too happy with the status of my old town. My new town is called Citrus, and I'm only growing oranges and lemons in it. I got my haircut in a friend's town, and even got the cherry t-shirt I was looking for. Currently building up a campsite next to the river, and trying to get a good pair of pants. Hopefully, Kicks will open soon, and I'll be able to buy some new socks and shoes, too. For now, the sloth Leif is opening up his shop on Main Street, and it should be open for business tomorrow morning.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
A lot of people might just immediately dismiss this one, since it's an MMO, but I actually am really, really enjoying it. I find that most MMOs other than World of Warcraft are complete loving trash, but this one I think is better. It has the combat mechanics of World of Warcraft combined with the world design and anime characters of a Final Fantasy game, and the kind of "quirk" that a lot of Japanese developed games have, that Western games don't. I like this game a lot, and especially now that Warlords of Draenor is shaping up to be a huge turd, I would say this one's definitely better. I play on the Excalibur server with goons and the folks from badgame dot net. My main job is a Bard, but I also have a dragoon, white mage and warrior at 50. I am working on getting my Animus weapon (sort of like a legendary weapon) and just last night I participated in the Halloween event, All Saints' Wake.

Dota 2
Hoo boy... this one's a doozy. I am not very good at Dota 2, but I have a lot of friends who play it, and I enjoy playing it, as most of my friends are pretty chill and no one gets mad over it. I typically play supports. My favorite heroes are Ogre Magi, Treant Protector and Lich. Sometimes I have to play a hard carry hero and those games do not end up going over well. I was very disappointed with both the appearance of the new Techies hero, and how worthless they are - but not nearly as disappointed as I was when they totally changed Skeleton King into a loving stupid looking "Wraith King". Sorry, but that's bullshit - there's no skeleton heroes anymore.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
I pretty much only play this one when my friends are all online, and we just play on Casual servers. I am really loving bad at this game, worse than I am at Dota 2, but it's worth my time because I get hats and crates at the end which sell for big bucks. I find it easiest to get kills with the P90, and I'm getting pissed off at everyone having a shitload of money in Casual matches and everyone buying tons of AWPs. That, and people voting for the Office map, just as a full game on the Office map is finishing. Give me a loving break!

Nuclear Throne
This is a really cool indie game I picked up on Steam where you play as a bunch of lil mutants, and it's sort of like a roguelike hotline miami (I don't like calling it that but it's a quick way to describe it I guess). It's fun to play a few rounds of every now and then.. It's my go-to "pick up and play a few games" game right now. Every week they update it so that's pretty cool. It's 'early access', and I normally avoid those games like the plague, but this one is good and it is actively being updated and worked on, and the developers (Vlambeer) seem really cool.

Awesomenauts
Here's one I forgot to list in the OP. I picked this up for super cheap a while back, and a couple of my friends picked it up cheap during the steam free weekend. This game is actually pretty fun even though it matches us against bots most of the time. I haven't played enough to know all the heroes names, but I played Clunk and I liked him a lot, and also the guy that can go into siege mode is pretty fun.

I've also been playing through Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm campaign, but I was a bit too embarrassed to put it in the OP. The zerg are cool but man, the writing in this game is loving bad.

Nuclear Throne

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Well, I actually do update it semi-frequently. There haven't really been any big notes that spring to mind for me to update it with, though. Maybe I'll give it a look-over after I make this post.

Hmm.. I guess so. I don't know who you are on Steam, so you'll have to send me a friend request. I don't know what you mean by "the steam group", but that gives me an idea - I think I'll make a Bonzi's Buddies steam group.

Hyrule Warriors
I like this game a lot more than I thought I would. I thought I was signing myself up for stupid hack and slash bullshit with a light coat of Zelda paint on it, but it's actually really fun and I guess the Zelda team was pretty heavily involved with this game's development. There are some characters I definitely don't like playing as, and some of the harder Adventure mode missions can get pretty stressful/challenging, but I'm enjoying it a lot - it's been a while since I've had the feeling of sitting down and digging in to a fun console game full of a lot of content like this one.

I actually just restarted my town a few days ago because I was not too happy with the status of my old town. My new town is called Citrus, and I'm only growing oranges and lemons in it. I got my haircut in a friend's town, and even got the cherry t-shirt I was looking for. Currently building up a campsite next to the river, and trying to get a good pair of pants. Hopefully, Kicks will open soon, and I'll be able to buy some new socks and shoes, too. For now, the sloth Leif is opening up his shop on Main Street, and it should be open for business tomorrow morning.

A lot of people might just immediately dismiss this one, since it's an MMO, but I actually am really, really enjoying it. I find that most MMOs other than World of Warcraft are complete loving trash, but this one I think is better. It has the combat mechanics of World of Warcraft combined with the world design and anime characters of a Final Fantasy game, and the kind of "quirk" that a lot of Japanese developed games have, that Western games don't. I like this game a lot, and especially now that Warlords of Draenor is shaping up to be a huge turd, I would say this one's definitely better. I play on the Excalibur server with goons and the folks from badgame dot net. My main job is a Bard, but I also have a dragoon, white mage and warrior at 50. I am working on getting my Animus weapon (sort of like a legendary weapon) and just last night I participated in the Halloween event, All Saints' Wake.

Dota 2
Hoo boy... this one's a doozy. I am not very good at Dota 2, but I have a lot of friends who play it, and I enjoy playing it, as most of my friends are pretty chill and no one gets mad over it. I typically play supports. My favorite heroes are Ogre Magi, Treant Protector and Lich. Sometimes I have to play a hard carry hero and those games do not end up going over well. I was very disappointed with both the appearance of the new Techies hero, and how worthless they are - but not nearly as disappointed as I was when they totally changed Skeleton King into a loving stupid looking "Wraith King". Sorry, but that's bullshit - there's no skeleton heroes anymore.

I pretty much only play this one when my friends are all online, and we just play on Casual servers. I am really loving bad at this game, worse than I am at Dota 2, but it's worth my time because I get hats and crates at the end which sell for big bucks. I find it easiest to get kills with the P90, and I'm getting pissed off at everyone having a shitload of money in Casual matches and everyone buying tons of AWPs. That, and people voting for the Office map, just as a full game on the Office map is finishing. Give me a loving break!

Nuclear Throne
This is a really cool indie game I picked up on Steam where you play as a bunch of lil mutants, and it's sort of like a roguelike hotline miami (I don't like calling it that but it's a quick way to describe it I guess). It's fun to play a few rounds of every now and then.. It's my go-to "pick up and play a few games" game right now. Every week they update it so that's pretty cool. It's 'early access', and I normally avoid those games like the plague, but this one is good and it is actively being updated and worked on, and the developers (Vlambeer) seem really cool.

Awesomenauts
Here's one I forgot to list in the OP. I picked this up for super cheap a while back, and a couple of my friends picked it up cheap during the steam free weekend. This game is actually pretty fun even though it matches us against bots most of the time. I haven't played enough to know all the heroes names, but I played Clunk and I liked him a lot, and also the guy that can go into siege mode is pretty fun.

I've also been playing through Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm campaign, but I was a bit too embarrassed to put it in the OP. The zerg are cool but man, the writing in this game is loving bad.

Nuclear Throne

They took out the skeletons from Dota because having skeletons in a video game is illegal in China, which is some bull rear end. We shouldnt have to make compromises for their hosed up ways.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Official DDRD/Imp Zone Steam Group

Uhhhhh I dunno the URL no more though.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Dota 2

Nuclear Throne

Awesomenauts

Nuclear Throne

Thanks for the gamethoughts OP. How does Animal Crossing compare to the original Gamecube game? I was thinking about getting it when I get a New 3DS next year. Definitely want to get a Wii U and Hyrule Warriors more than ever.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
New Leaf is without a doubt the definitive Animal Crossing experience.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I am going to sneak into your town and plant a shitload of apples and that lovely spiky fruit.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Update! I have created the official Bonzi's Buddies Steam group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bonzisbuddies

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Playing Dota 2 right now.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Ive just been thinking about anime Elf girls and its making me really horney..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Slur posted:

Nobody cares.

go back to gbs n00b

• Locked thread