Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

I remember in 8th grade, while playing dodgeball, I nailed a girl in the face (she didn't know it was me since it was early on in the game with chaos ensuing). We stopped playing dodgeball after that. Don't be the teacher that stops a game because of one injury.

Alternately don't be the boy who drills a girl in the face :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tadashi posted:

(also it was summer school so he also took us on rad "field trips" like to learn to play pool at a pool hall).

Wish I had your teacher. More pool, less badminton. Also more basketball, less going outside in 95+ degree weather running laps on the track for the entire time with the option of sitting on the bleachers instead (so basically everyone did this)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you have a noodle arm and the ball is always caught when you throw it, just throw it at their feet every time IMO

Then when you catch one, be that idiot who everyone on your team hates who holds onto the ball forever because you're using it to bounce away incoming balls

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jay Carney posted:

I've never heard of this version, people came back in through a team mate catching the ball.

My favorite version was called "buffalo hunt" and had no teams, just a free-for-all and you could only come back in if the person who got you out got out. Made for long-rear end games with lord of the flies-esque outcomes.

This should just be a dodgeball thread NO NERDS ALLOWED

How does that work? If someone gets ten people and then is out, those ten people come back in?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

One game I used to play in PE was wallball

You have a tennis ball and a wall, and you chuck it as hard as you can. If it hits someone on the richochet, that person has to run up to the wall and touch it before anyone can recover the ball and hit the wall with it or he's out. If you catch it on the fly (when I originally put bounce I meant bounce from the wall, not the ground), the person who threw it is either out or has to touch the wall before it's hit or they're out, either way they're basically out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jay Carney posted:

We played this outside of school hours and as such instead of being "out" you had to put your hands on the wall while every other person took turns pegging you with the ball. Great times.

I played it that way a couple times but a tennis ball is hilariously difficult to throw hard so you'd almost always miss badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Are you talking about superballs? I can't even fathom playing wallball with those. For one thing you'd have to have a bucket full of replacements for when they inevitably go flying off into the distance never to be seen again

• Locked thread