Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MourningView posted:

if you don't let kids play dodge ball and hit each other in the face you are bad at your job

I remember in 8th grade, while playing dodgeball, I nailed a girl in the face (she didn't know it was me since it was early on in the game with chaos ensuing). We stopped playing dodgeball after that. Don't be the teacher that stops a game because of one injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Alternately don't be the boy who drills a girl in the face :shobon:

Hey I wasn't trying to! I just grabbed a ball and chucked it into a crowd. I think someone ducked out of the way of it which is why she didn't see it.

A cool alternative to Dodgeball that requires more running is Scatterball. Essentially it plays like Dodgeball but with one ball. Someone gets elected to start with the ball remaining on one side of the field whereas everyone else starts on the other side. The person then throws it at the crowd, and it becomes a free for all with one rule - you have to throw across the line. So as soon as someone grabs the ball, everyone runs to the other side. Eventually it comes down to two people throwing at each other running back and forth. I think regular Dodgeball is more fun but if you wanna mix it up it's something to try.

• Locked thread