Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Does your character kill Adalind and her unborn child, so the show can get back on track?

If only. :smith:

Fun fact about Nick (David): He often wears boots on set because he's a little short in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is he as much of a cool dude as his twitter account makes him look?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He definitely has a presence, though it may have just been me seeing someone from a TV show in real life.

He's pretty nice to the crew, and swears a lot when he makes mistakes. I almost thought "gently caress" was in the script. :v:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Does your character kill Adalind and her unborn child, so the show can get back on track?

Add to that reverse time til before they completely massacred Juliet's character

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

hangedman1984 posted:

Add to that reverse time til before they completely massacred Juliet's character

I really thought they were going to show that Hexenbiests weren't made evil, they just had lovely upbringings. But no, they decided Hexenbiests had to be evil.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
So there's definitely a promo out now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5lEbN83m-s

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And is Monroe as goony as he is in the show?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Slimy Hog posted:

And is Monroe as goony as he is in the show?

He wasn't on set, but I know people who have met him, and he's a pretty cool guy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Why :suicide:

quote:

Look for the Nick-Adalind relationship to warm after the spawn arrives, though. "She's finding another side of herself," Kouf says. "So is Nick," Greenwalt adds. In other huge news: The series' central, somewhat foggy key mythology will be revisited. Or, as Greenwalt puts it, "We're actually going to explain the drat thing!"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Oh God. I don't want to hate watch this show. But I am going to hate watch this season. If the new side doesn't involve being dead I don't even know how much I can take.

I've never seen such an abrupt quality crash.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I still think the biggest missed opportunity with Juliette over the years, was the fact she was a veterinarian. I assumed she would be of use (even before she knew about the wessen) helping since she knows about animals.

I recall an early show where she was looking at "DNA" from an "animal" and noticing it was weird, and seemed to be able to change - and then that plot went nowhere.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with all this fan fiction. While I was a little upset that the final season of Grimm was shorter than normal, they went out on a high note rescuing Monroe.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Seriously, the midseason Monroe plot was pretty strong, and then the second half of the season was... well, yeah.

I'm not as down on this show as most people here, and I'll keep watching it because, I mean, what else is on Friday nights, but I'm seriously having a hard time feeling the least bit invested after that half season of WTF.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Hey, maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised and it will turn out that all of this was just one long coma-dream and Nick's still trapped in Baron Samedi's coffin.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Astrofig posted:

Hey, maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised and it will turn out that all of this was just one long coma-dream and Nick's still trapped in Baron Samedi's coffin.

It'll just end like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAOVxqg49DQ&t=260s

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
The only redeeming factor for me this season may be my appearance in the premiere. :v:

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

hangedman1984 posted:

You guys are aware that this thread is some weird echo chamber thing right? Nobody likes Juliet, except in this thread.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Norwegian Rudo posted:

You guys are aware that this thread is some weird echo chamber thing right? Nobody likes Juliet, except in this thread.

Juliet was terrible in season 2, but she was pretty great in season 3 and early season 4.

I'm actually really surprised that a lot of fans would hate her, unless they just couldn't get over season 2.

If you tell me that the rest of the fans love Adalind and can't wait for Nick to be a dad to his rapebaby, I might actually quit the internet.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Juliet was terrible in season 2, but she was pretty great in season 3 and early season 4.

I'm actually really surprised that a lot of fans would hate her, unless they just couldn't get over season 2.

If you tell me that the rest of the fans love Adalind and can't wait for Nick to be a dad to his rapebaby, I might actually quit the internet.

I don't think people hate Juliet really. Bored indifference maybe?

And no, nobody loves Adalind, although general opinion seemed to be that she was fun as the Anya of the group towards the end of the season.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
This thread really is in the tiny, tiny minority. I mean, I poked my head into a fan panel at dragoncon for the show, and the near unanimous opinion in there:

-YAY THEY FINALLY KILLED JULIETTE LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE YEARS AGO
-I'm happy that they are finally letting Adalind be a good guy like they should!
-Nick and Adalind are going to be so good together.
-Why do they keep bringing back Trubel? She's terrible.
-Monroe and Rosalee are adorable but getting old/boring.

After I realized how unusual my opinions were, and hearing multiple people unironically call them 'the scooby gang', I quietly left.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

You want a weird opinion? I wish we kept the Monroe who ripped some fuckers arm off instead of the milquetoast we ended up with.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gromit posted:

You want a weird opinion? I wish we kept the Monroe who ripped some fuckers arm off instead of the milquetoast we ended up with.

Monroe's battle against his Blutbad nature isn't just the backbone of the character, it's the backbone of the show.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Jedit posted:

Monroe's battle against his Blutbad nature isn't just the backbone of the character, it's the backbone of the show.

well, now that we've had it unequivocally shown that some wesen are just naturally evil...

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Mukaikubo posted:

This thread really is in the tiny, tiny minority. I mean, I poked my head into a fan panel at dragoncon for the show, and the near unanimous opinion in there:

-I'm happy that they are finally letting Adalind be a good guy like they should!

After I realized how unusual my opinions were, and hearing multiple people unironically call them 'the scooby gang', I quietly left.

Just shows how bad some fans' opinions are

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I think it was less that Juliet herself was bad, and more that almost every plotline Juliet got involved in for most of the show's run was bad. Kind of the same as Adalind after season 1, even if the character wasn't awful, you know that whenever we spend a lot of time with them it's not going to be very enjoyable.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Mukaikubo posted:

These are people who desperately want/need Buffy 2 and are shoe-horning a different show into that.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh God. I don't want to hate watch this show. But I am going to hate watch this season. If the new side doesn't involve being dead I don't even know how much I can take.

I've never seen such an abrupt quality crash.

I will make the thread for the new season sometime in October, maybe about a week before the premiere. I'll be putting a bit less effort than I did for this thread. But I definitely have a title for the thread in mind which expresses how I feel about the direction the show is going in.

I'll probably watch Grimm for a while (if there's nothing else on), but the instant they try to move to a romance between Adalind and her rape victim, I walk.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'll probably watch Grimm for a while (if there's nothing else on), but the instant they try to move to a romance between Adalind and her rape victim, I walk.

Knowing the quality of this show, you'll be walking before the first commercial of the season premiere.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Jedit posted:

I'll settle for him not eating his victim. :v:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mukaikubo posted:

Same thing I noticed when I got curious. The majority of the fan base hates everything neat and loves everything awful. I rarely say this but the only mercy this show could have is if they kicked Adalind and the rapebaby down the tallest flight of stairs they could find. loving stupid.

I kind of hope the guy who plays Monroe gets out of his contract so he can go on to do some real comedies or something. This show is hosed.

ED: They'd probably kill him off-screen with audio from previous episodes, too

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

These are people who desperately want/need Buffy 2 and are shoe-horning a different show into that.

You know, I didn't watch Buffy or Angel but I can only assume that for at least most of it's run it wasn't known for incoherently offing every season antagonist off-screen (and even the heroes) out of absolutely the gently caress out of nowhere?

The first time a "car bomb" killed the big built up Royal I thought it was all a trick and that the character would pop up later going "You feel for my ruse, since you neither saw the bomb or the body!" But after three or so more royals killed with equal lackluster effect, I'm starting to realize that working on the show must be hell.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 12, 2015

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Mukaikubo posted:

Dear lord, how can people have such terrible opinions?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I like Claire Coffee a lot, and Adalind had potential to be a really good and creepy antagonist or even frenemy, but the plots they ended up going with are so loving terrible. You can tell that some of the writers are even pissed at it because those are the ones with the shittiest dialogue.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I just don't understand how no one involved in the production so far has said "Hey, maybe a romance story line between a rapist and the victim isn't all that good of an idea." I mean, how tone deaf can you be?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

bull3964 posted:

I just don't understand how no one involved in the production so far has said "Hey, maybe a romance story line between a rapist and the victim isn't all that good of an idea." I mean, how tone deaf can you be?

I doubt any one of the writers or actors has brought up the fact that it was rape.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH

bull3964 posted:

They don't think of it as a rape.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And that is biggest problem. It is/was rape and they don't recognize that fact.

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010

Norwegian Rudo posted:

This is definitely true I was loving pumped when she got killed, it was totally deserved and it got rid of her. Also I don't think the show had hexenbeast's be inherently evil more like they have violent desires that you can then choose to give in to.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And that is biggest problem. It is/was rape and they don't recognize that fact.

Who else is eagerly awaiting the time Nick and Adalind make goo-goo eyes at each and refer to the fraud/rape as "the first time we made love..."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

johntfs posted:

Who else is eagerly awaiting the time Nick and Adalind make goo-goo eyes at each and refer to the fraud/rape as "the first time we made love..."

Alternative theory: The night that Nick stole Adelind's powers with a kiss, she stole...his heart! Nick knew the entire time, and this has all been one long, convoluted plot to dispose of his fiancee without drawing any suspicion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

There Bias Two posted:

Alternative theory: The night that Nick stole Adelind's powers with a kiss, she stole...his heart! Nick knew the entire time, and this has all been one long, convoluted plot to dispose of his fiancee without drawing any suspicion.

I hesitate to put that sentence into Google for the fanfic it'll bring up.

• Locked thread