Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

^ dammit, haha

PantsFreeZone posted:

Well, when you dangle that and Kobe "I'm definitely jacking up 30 shots a game" Bryant and Nick "Nuh-uh, Kobe I AM" Young, I'd have to rethink my position.

Don't forget that Zen Master Byron Scott might still be coaching next season, too. How can you say no to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd rather have Clarkson and Okafor than only Towns

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

I honestly feel there is so little different between Okafor and Towns that I am pretty much against any attempt to trade up.

Yeah, same. They are two sides of the same coin. Based on my (limited) experience watching them, it'll take them the same amount of time to really blossom in the NBA. I also think Okafor would fit in a lot better with the Lakers and any potential FA suitors. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like it's also easier to develop defensive skills than it is to develop offensive ones. e: or at least it's easier to hide a guy who's weak defensively than one who is weak offensively.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 4, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Okafor and Randle would be awful defensively, so I'd lean towards Towns just to have one defender between the two bigs.

I'd rather suck at defense so we don't have to give up a top ten next year...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rick posted:

Man there's a good chance the Lakers end up with the worst record in the league next year no matter who they draft.

Well at least this means the rebuild is going smoothly!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rick posted:

My fist sighting of a Lakers fan advocating they draft Mario Hezonja at #2 happened today.

Many of my close friends are saying "draft Russell so he can train under Kobe" lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

shizen posted:

Yeah he put up crazy numbers but I really don't think he will do the same on other teams especially with the lakers, and not worth losing #2 pick plus randel and clarckson. I'm thinking of next year where lakers can make some even bigger moves.

I would do #2+Randle+Clarkson+more picks if that's what it took to get Boogie. Please puff puff pass whatever you're smoking because it must be amazing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Lakers don't exactly have more picks to trade away

That's not true. They aren't good picks but the Lakers have some. Anyway, I meant that "it's okay to trade the future for Boogie" because it's loving Boogie

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Can't you just let us be late 2000s Blazers fan and overrate our young players?

I really really wanna do this because I've never been a part of a rebuild before.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

do NBA fans not recognize sarcasm anymore i figured i was laying it on pretty thick

Too many serious Lakers fans in the wild

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's not very complicated. The TV show is structured around the build up of tension before a pick, and the release of that tension as the pick is finally read. When you know the picks beforehand, there's no tension, and the words the talking heads say lose meaning.

People watch the show to learn the picks, but also to be entertained by the show itself and its dramatic reveals of trades and selections.

Yeah but it's really easy to not refresh nor read the thread..

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MourningView posted:

My big board if anyone cares (I was gonna do a detailed one but then work and stuff):

2. Russell
3. Okafor

I am not sure how to feel about this. Am I wrong for thinking that Okafor would be the better pick if the Lakers don't trade?

My knowledge extends about as far as youtube highlights and some articles so I am on the fence about taking Russell.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't care about spoilering the thread, I'm just explaining why someone would prefer not to read spoilers. I have to be at the airport, so it's of no material concern to me.

Fair enough!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MourningView posted:

I don't think they can really go wrong either way. Okafor is really good, they're not that far apart. I saw Russell a lot more so that might be some of it. They're both going to be great offensive players (and I think Okafor has the lower floor of the two), I just think Russell is easier to hide defensively and easier to build a team around.

That's a good point, thanks. I overhyped Okafor in my head for weeks without even thinking about Russell because I figured it was a done deal. I think Okafor will eventually develop a defense but a fluid, solid guard would probably be better for the team in the long run since the upcoming FA looks like it'll be a good one for C/PF. Either way, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

DOOP posted:

I take Okafor if Russell is gone and no one wants to trade down. Mostly so the Knicks don't get him.

The Knicks should get no nice things

Agreed

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 25, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

aBagorn posted:

Stephen Magic Johnson Curry

Only if the Lakers draft him otherwise he'll tear an ACL and come off the bench for the rest of his life.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Does anyone have a good stream? (sorry MV if this isn't allowed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thanks. My school seems to have blocked firstrow but this works.

• Locked thread