Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hezonja's name corrects to Hero jams. That is a good omen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

As the sixers now seem to be a lock lock for a top 3: requesting scouting reports on:

1. Jahlil Okafor, C, Duke
2. Karl Towns, PF, Kentucky
3. Mario Hezonja, SG, Barca

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also why wouldn't the sixers draft Okafor. They could play Embiid, Noel, and Okafor all at 4 and 5 and give them all 32 mins a night.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah thank you MV and Declan.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

declan add the blurbs into the second post. People love blurbs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DOOP posted:

I kinda want Sixers to draft Mario so I could a starting five of

MCW
Mario
Saric
Noel
Embiid

At least once. It would probably be terrible, but hey, kiss all the ROY's.

I think they are going to get #1 and trade down for Mario. tThat seems the most likely result.

The shortest player in that lineup is 6'6" haha.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MV is right though that okafor playing 4 on d is not likely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Noel is already guarding threes well. He's pretty fast.

To my untrained eye of course.

On switches of course.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

49% FG and 36% 3PT

That does not seem really good for China.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How easy is marijuana to get in China.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Watching cbb this morning.

Okafor looks like the real deal and ready for the NBA already.

I have no idea why Oubre doesn't play. Self is a madman.

Alexander looks incredibly raw and barely skilled.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oubre got a whole six minutes.

The more I watched Alexander though the more his "force of nature" style comes to the front. He is pretty impressive down low, but Mich S. looked really small.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I know. Alexander will be a "project" for sure.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

http://www.libertyballers.com/the-liberty-beat/2014/12/1/7313397/76ers-draft-pick-dario-saric-wins-euroleague-mvp-for-the-month-of

Dario Saric wins Euroleague monthly MVP.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Army actually had a guy who was close to 7' and he had not chance against Okafor. Okafor is really smooth and quick.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers pretty much have to take him #1 if they get the first pick. Figure it out later. Embiid may never be healthy anyway.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

DERRICK COLEMAN
He is the poster child for great athlete who never knew how to play the game. Bouncing from team to team for 15 years, he showed just enough promise to make another team want to trade for him, but weighing them down once he arrived.
Career: 16.5ppg, 9.3rpg, 2.5apg,1.3bpg 45% FG

What the gently caress. DC was amazing, he just didnt care/was hurt most of the time.

Also he was an AS during his 4 year peak at NJ.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I meant amazing in how he knew how to play the game.

The right way.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was watching Duke last night thinking the same thing. His man to man defense did not look very good. The commentators were covering for him by saying he isnt used to covering dudes. But a guy from Toledo was scoring over him at will it seemed. He is so smooth and fast and good at shooting though!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah this guy http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/nathan-boothe-1.html

Seemed to have no problem with Okafor on the post. 6-9.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

He was 4-10 with only three rebounds and most of his points came when Okafor was on the bench. And Okafor scored 27.

He has the potential to be better than both of those guys and he's not THAT bad defensively. Also the other contenders for the spot are super raw while he's a surer thing.

Yeah there was a stretch in the second half before the Toledo dude fouled out where he had his way with Okafor.

It wasn't a big deal but noticeable to me. The commentators were wondering why Toledo wasn't going after Okafor in the first half.

Definitely though Okafor's offensive ceiling is limitless.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

Had his way with Okafor to the tune of like one field goal? More than half his points came with Plumlee covering him.

I remember 2 post ups where he scored without much effort. Middle of second half.

Anyway I was watching to pick holes in his game and that's what I did. He should be an easy #1.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am glad Oubre is getting minutes. Thank you Bill Self.

edit

Could someone with INsider help us out with this article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ctPositionRanks

euphronius fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 31, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Seems really light on guards in the lottery.

Whoa Alexander all the way to 22.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 31, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thad young. Dumb trade by Minnesota.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers just got a second round pick for Shved.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's has to be a photo shop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I feel like - if I am the Sixers - Oubre would be the best at this point, IDK.

Russell and Mudiay look too small for what the Sixers like.

They both seem to be about 6'5" with a 6'8" wingspan. (Which is slightly bigger than MCW.)

Thon Maker has "the look". He looks like a NBA big already.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 17, 2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Watch Hezonja's highlights v Real Madrid

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mario-Hezonja-6392/

He had 22 points and looked decent for 19 yo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

Also Russell is plenty big enough to play SG and taking Oubre over him would be really dumb.

Chad Ford Agrees

quote:

What the team needs is someone in the backcourt who can really shoot. Russell is that guy, and he would be a perfect fit next to Michael Carter-Williams in Philly.

Of the guys at the top of the draft, Russell is far and away the best fit for the Sixers. If Embiid can get healthy and live up to his potential, Noel and MCW continue to develop, Saric comes over and continues his strong play from Europe, and Russell comes in as a dominant backcourt scorer in the mold of James Harden, suddenly the Sixers' future starts to look much brighter.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/

I dont know if posting insider is kosher in SAS but it would be nice to see his top ten.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It looks like Deke took about 12% of his shots more than 3' from the basket.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope you all watched the Hezjona tape from DE

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Mario-Hezonja-vs-Real-Madrid-Video-Analysis-4813/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

WCS is the best defensive player in the draft but he's starting to fall back to earth offensively a little after a strong stretch early in the year. The potential is there to at least be a really good roll guy, but that's the absolute best you're going to get out of him on that end and he doesn't do it consistently.

Thinking about your post made me look up Branden Wright. I did not know he was the 8th pick of the 2007 draft right in front of Noah.

Of course WCS is way way bigger than Wright.

edit

Actually Wright has a 2" longer wingspan than WCS :wtc:

euphronius fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 18, 2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looks like the Sixers are well suited to move down or move up depending on what they want and how they value guys. They have a lot of ammo to move up and if they land number one, I could see them trading Okafor for a fortune.

I love the NBA draft.

edit

Bosh may miss the rest of the season. That Heat pick could be really close to 10.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If they get Okafor and they like him of course they could keep him.

I just meant if they get #1 and feel like they want to move him, they are in a great spot that way too. They can move up or down.

If I had to choose Id take Embiid over Okafor, but obv yeah you can play both.

I don't think Noel is very good right now and not really a consideration.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

Well Okafor has been special. That's not normal for a freshman I don't think. Freshman are usually inconsistent.

Has he been special defensively?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't know. If the Suns had not bizarrely agreed to trade that particular pick, MCW would still be a sixer. It's not like they were trying to ship him out of town and waiting for any offer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean they weren't going to trade him for any offer. I used bad english. Let me try again.

They were listening to offers all the time for him, but were not willing to part with him for any offer, and only pulled the trigger when a great pick came by.

Hinkie said in his press conference he did not going into the trade deadline day thinking they were trading MCW. It wasn't until the Lakers Pick came up that he considered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hinkie said there plan is to get superstars and that the Lakers pick has a better chance of being a superstar than MCW. I think that's about as deep as it gets.

• Locked thread