Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crusader Kings 2, EU4 and a toss up between Fallout New Vegas and FF8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Stink fag posted:

Halo 2, infinite weed and a drone to kill anyone that bridges.

if there isnt infinite weed in this gamer eternity it may as well be hell

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Doom 2
XCOM
Diablo 2

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Civilization 4
Dwarf Fortress

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Doom
Smash Bros
Fallout New Vegas

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Vanquish
Demon's Souls
Roller Coaster Tycoon

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Simcity2k and two other games that don't even matter cuz I got simcity2k

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

morrowind, phantom dust, and maybe like diablo 2?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Minecraft
Civ IV
Dorf Fort

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Dick Tracy for NES.
Dick Tracy for Gameboy.
Dick Tracy for Sega Master System.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

WoW. Never got into it but poo poo that'd be a game with variety of experiences and cool peeps to meat.

TF2 similarly.

A third one is tough. Maybe Minecraft.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Bayonetta

i think it's probably cheating to pick games that haven't been released yet, but assume i changed my mind from smash 3ds to the wii u version and bayonetta to bayonetta 2 when those come out. honorary mention goes to saints row 2

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

Bobnumerotres posted:

if there isnt infinite weed in this gamer eternity it may as well be hell

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like list threads. I like reading threads full of carefully ordered utterly subjective lists replete with little to no explanation for the choices that have been made. I like how it promotes so much discussion, and has so much potential to become an interesting thread. Let's have more list threads, me heartys.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Yolomancer posted:

I like list threads. I like reading threads full of carefully ordered utterly subjective lists replete with little to no explanation for the choices that have been made. I like how it promotes so much discussion, and has so much potential to become an interesting thread. Let's have more list threads, me heartys.

better get postin' then!

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You could say this is the Buzzfeed of threads.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
but for serious, heroes of might and magic III + expansions would be a good game to play for the rest of time. it's long, has lots of variety, is challenging, and has custom maps.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you want explanations ill give em

diablo 2 eastern sun is diablo 2 but with explosively more content. ive played it on and off since 2007 and everytime i install it my life is ruined for months until some other new game comes out that will distract me

team fortress 2 is my favorite shooter ever and i like the hats and all the stupid bullshit they keep adding to the game. quake live recently took a poo poo and every other FPS is bad or purely singleplayer, which i cant see myself playing for eternity

smash bros 4 because its loving smash bros i get to punch bros as a pink-fur DK and go WAA-ROO and shrug my shoulders best game forever gently caress

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Guys after some serious deliberation I'm dropping tetris off my list and adding homm 3 good thing I'm not dead yet!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I have like 3000 hours in tf2... and im still playing it. Pokemon omega ruby is shaping up to be a monster, and so is splatoon.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Donkey Kong Country 2 because it's my favorite game ever, but I'd probably spend most of my time playing Skate 3 or Super Smash Bros (any of them, really) because those are both games I can sink tons of hours into easily.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

manpurse posted:

Guys after some serious deliberation I'm dropping tetris off my list and adding homm 3 good thing I'm not dead yet!!

word

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Minecraft because it has a poo poo ton of mods/custom maps.

Diablo 2 because if I played it for all eternity I might actually get a legit zod.

Homm3 because I might actually get good enough to complete a campaign.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Tetris the Grand Master

Tetris the Grand Master 2: Tetris the Absolute PLUS

Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror Instinct

I really wish Arika had released TGM 4. How do you complete a game and then not release it?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how the gently caress do you play tetris forever

do you also collect stamps

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011
Hi guys I relaly like your faqs and there are lots of good ideas. However, I think if we look at the history of games you will find these are the correct answers.

my top three are, in no order

quake
tetris

I forgot the third one, let me get back to you

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
DCSS because it's fun as gently caress and has infinite possible outcomes and playstyle things.

Smash Bros 4 because I Like To Smash A Bro a lot

Either a pokemon game or Dorf Fortress, probably the second if it's until the heat death of the universe

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Honorary mention to HoMM3 as I like it a lot but I'm not ready to commit myself to it for the rest of eternity.

but otherwise probably

Super Smash Bros (Project M)
Ocarina of Time
Magic the Gathering Online

Assuming these are all playable with pals and/or internet strangers

I also started typing Earthbound like three times and deleted it so take that as you will

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
picking multiplayer games will be stupid once the rest of humanity dies off

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

elf help book posted:

picking multiplayer games will be stupid once the rest of humanity dies off

until another sentient species finds you and you infect their society with your bullshit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Quake Live, The Sims 4, and either World of Warcraft or EVE Online. I might go with EVE just because then I'd have less other games to worry about and could focus on it more probably.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

until another sentient species finds you and you infect their society with your bullshit

hey guys...do you have zod runes on this planet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Leadthumb posted:

i doubt they can run the same software

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
My choices require no explanation other than "I like them" and "They are enjoyable". If that's not enough for you, well you can get the gently caress out of here.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Doom
Doom 2
Final Doom

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Final Fantasy X-2 because it is perfection
Harvest Moon 64 so I can pretend to have a normal life lol
Link's Awakening so I can pretend to wake up.....

Yolomancer posted:

:justpost:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
star ocean 2 because i fuckin hate it but it's fun as hell and you can just keep replaying that fucker
civilization 5
i dunno terraria i guess

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

Link's Awakening so I can pretend to wake up.....

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ok poo poo, I wanna change my list:

Minecraft - I will build entire continents of empty halls and abandoned miracles and then lay them to waste, only to start over again. or I'll kill myself if texture packs are not available.

Morrowind (TES construction set included) - once I've completely played the vanilla game to absolute death I will start my infinitely complex and masterful ultimate mod. first I will build Tamriel in its entirety, then like elves of middle earth I will head for Lowtaxico, a mysterious, golden land to the west.

Dwarf Fortress - I will start on year one and play until the save becomes corrupt for being too big. then I will create a new world, like the immortal apathetic god-prisoner I've become. then come the mods. but be careful. when you gaze long into a terrifying lavafilled bloodfortress the terrifying lavafilled bloodfortress also gazes into you. :iit:

still tempted to keep Animal Crossing to go absolutely insane and pretend I live a regular life. or Harvest Moon like was suggested here above. Starbound might also be a substitute for Minecraft, for being incredibly mod-friendly, but the game itself is kinda too meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

"if i can have an internet connection and play online with people and get the latest mods" are you joking me? may as well ask "can my life or the significantly better life of literally any other person on the planet count as a game?"

Hyper Lode Runner on an original game boy -- never beat it as a kid, and it has a level editor
dammit have to be practical here SimCity 4

Chessmaster 10 -- I guess I'll have time to play chess finally

Morrowind GOTY with the Construction set

• Locked thread