Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Also it may be a cliche by this point, but playing a second time as a malkavian really owns OWNS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

from experience, playing a second time did not own

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Iunno, I think it's pretty funny that being malkavian means you figure out the story in like, the first 30 minutes but no one listens to you because you sound like an insane persone because you are. Sorta like having a Recruit then Veteran playthrough of Alpha Protocol.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

pretty much lol if you didn't type money 10000000 in the console

P. much dis, imho.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ibram Gaunt posted:

pretty much lol if you didn't type money 10000000 in the console

pretty sure it only goes up to 3

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

2nd page and still no Jeanette screenshot? Good lord.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Wormskull posted:

2nd page and still no Jeanette screenshot? Good lord.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Iunno, I think it's pretty funny that being malkavian means you figure out the story in like, the first 30 minutes but no one listens to you because you sound like an insane persone because you are. Sorta like having a Recruit then Veteran playthrough of Alpha Protocol.

lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Way to leave out her huge jubblies.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

from experience, playing a second time did not own

username post combo ftw

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

do people actually think Jeanette is the hottest grill

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

the lesbian vampire chick in the abandoned basement is the best girl because she's voiced by mary elizabeth mcglyn. hope this helps.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

play it, although you probably should not buy it from Steam because both Activision and Valve tag-teamed Troika Studios in its trusting virgin mouth and rear end and destroyed the company, so giving them both money seems kind of like you're enabling their past bullshit. Also you should totally get an unofficial patch for it because the game is nigh unplayable because it was rushed out the rear end thanks to Valve/Activision.

But anyway it's a very fun experience and it feels like Deus Ex but with cool vampires voiced by that one dude who voiced Bender in Futurama, the dad from Dexter's Lab, and that one girl from Avatar the Last Airbender and I wanna talk about it with other imps.

Troika was lovely and I have no sympathy for them, in fact Im kind of glad they got annihilated by better companies. Gamers always win.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Shoutout to Ropekid for never doing proper QA on any of his games.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the lesbian vampire chick in the abandoned basement is the best girl because she's voiced by mary elizabeth mcglyn. hope this helps.

Who?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

ForeverSmug posted:

do people actually think Jeanette is the hottest grill

Well.. yeah.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Troika was lovely and I have no sympathy for them, in fact Im kind of glad they got annihilated by better companies. Gamers always win.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

She's my VA wife.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I could never beat the werewolf and gave up. I made a talky guy and if he even hit me once I would die.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Bloodlines is a good game, and everyone should play it at least once (with unofficial patch).

I also liked character animations when you are in a dialogue with someone. They really felt alive and having ..uh, emotions. Not many other games have that. VA was superb.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Chatrapati posted:

I could never beat the werewolf and gave up. I made a talky guy and if he even hit me once I would die.

your not supposed to fight it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Crushing it to death is really satisfying though.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

the centuries-old indian vampire from an obscure bloodline that has to actually eat the flesh of their prey to sustain life

she lairs in the basement of the abandoned hospital in downtown

she will swap you strange magical trinkets you find in various places for other, more useful magical items

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009
and I stare at light that makes me blind internally there's nothing left for me to be i'm here alone and isolated

Good game. Open the coffin.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish they were able to make a sequel, especially one that was just all the weird rear end Gehenna scenarios from the book.

Hell yeah I wanna try to survive in Tzimisce's hosed up flesh world where you and like 4 vampires are the only non infected beings left.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I actually played Malkavian the first time and it was loving cool as poo poo. I didn't understand what I was saying half the time, just said what sounded cool. When Jeanette's plot twist was revealed I thought back to poo poo I'd said earlier that she'd been impressed with and realized the character knew about this poo poo before I did. Very cool. Didn't complete the game though, remember fighting some kung fu vampire, the hotel and poo poo. Should start a new game asap

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I was the one person on earth that actually made my character about guns, so as the game threw more shootouts and fancier guns my way the game got better instead of worse

get owned talking dweebs, the one dude straight up tells you "learn to fight, you can't talk your way out of everything" early on so SMH at people that didn't listen and hit a brick wall

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SunAndSpring posted:

Still gently caress Activision though forever.

They still charge $20 for a game that's a decade old now Lol

Hell they still charge that for the original Call of Duty and it's even older I think. And Family Guy and that Daryl Dixon Walking Dead game are like 50 bucks each.

But anyway, Bloodlines still owns and I still like to play through half of it every now and then.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I THINK if you noclip to the graveyard and talk to that Nosferatu dude you can bypass the sewer level altogether. I stumbled into him by accident before the sewer, but didn't keep going because I thought it would mess up the game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Pewds... I... I don't think we can be bros anymore. I must ask to be discharged from the Bro Army.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Pewds... I... I don't think we can be bros anymore. I must ask to be discharged from the Bro Army.

It is what it is.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Sewer level is super easy depending on what type of vampire you pick.

lol at people who don't just noclip that poo poo after the first time they play it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Pisha

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Well.. yeah.

lol!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish they were able to make a sequel, especially one that was just all the weird rear end Gehenna scenarios from the book.

Hell yeah I wanna try to survive in Tzimisce's hosed up flesh world where you and like 4 vampires are the only non infected beings left.

Game with all Gehennas would loving own because it is :catdrugs:

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I am officially replaying this as of last night. I made one of the Thaumaturge vampires. I vow to finish it this time, even if I have to noclip or something to get unstuck.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

Game with all Gehennas would loving own because it is :catdrugs:

Yeah, shame they axed the antediluvian plotlines when they replaced Masquerade with Requiem.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Requiem: "remember all the cool poo poo about masquerade? Well we took everything out b/c one or two tardos complained about MUH PLAYER AGENCY"

How dare you tell ME I can't murder Caine! Who cares if being a gangster underling is literally the concept of the entire game.

People also bitch about promethean because it's a game "about something" too.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

People also bitch about promethean because it's a game "about something" too.

Promethean is loving cool, as a game and as a supplement to whatever other WoD you are running. Thing is you need a GM that is loving good at storytelling and players who are next level poo poo, but most people are just plain poo poo. If you don't see the potential then read the incredibly good The Golem and the Jinni.

uhhhhh on the topic of WoD video games then did anyone play Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption? I actually played that quite a bit way back in the day and was very disappointed at what a whiny bastard the main dude was. oh nooooo i'm not a crusader oval office anymore I'm a rad vampire waaah. other aspects of the game were pretty good though, as I recall it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

Promethean is loving cool, as a game and as a supplement to whatever other WoD you are running. Thing is you need a GM that is loving good at storytelling and players who are next level poo poo, but most people are just plain poo poo. If you don't see the potential then read the incredibly good The Golem and the Jinni.

uhhhhh on the topic of WoD video games then did anyone play Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption? I actually played that quite a bit way back in the day and was very disappointed at what a whiny bastard the main dude was. oh nooooo i'm not a crusader oval office anymore I'm a rad vampire waaah. other aspects of the game were pretty good though, as I recall it.

No yeah I agree. Having a good storyteller's pretty important to all wod games though. They're best when they're about the "boring" stuff instead of combat.

Requiem is... Alright. It'd have been the poo poo if it wasn't surpassed in every way by bloodlines, and the only reason people play it nowadays is that "it's the other vtm game." I've never been able to bring myself to finish the midevil section because it draaaaaaaaags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Bolverkur posted:

I remember Redemption pretty well, it had crazy dynamic shadows and poo poo for the time. Made my kickass nVidia card gasp for air. I thought the gameplay was pretty basic dungeon hack and slash with vampire powers, with a lot of stupid stuff like casting vampire disciplines off scrolls and bottles of blood being stored everywhere in chests. Cool areas though, I remember the Tremere chantry and the Cappadocian place being really cool. The story was loving hilarious, it was all about this super embarrassing teenage crush over a nun that Christof just couldn't get over because he got vamped. The voice acting and everything made it so bad.

The soundtrack is goddamn amazing. Bloodlines has some good tracks but seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOFwYVy37_c

• Locked thread