Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I still think the weirdest bad at video games support request I've seen is the kid who posted on the Bloodlines forum asking for advice on how to play the haunted house level without having a panic attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

StoryTime posted:

I remember Redemption pretty well, it had crazy dynamic shadows and poo poo for the time. Made my kickass nVidia card gasp for air. I thought the gameplay was pretty basic dungeon hack and slash with vampire powers, with a lot of stupid stuff like casting vampire disciplines off scrolls and bottles of blood being stored everywhere in chests. Cool areas though, I remember the Tremere chantry and the Cappadocian place being really cool. The story was loving hilarious, it was all about this super embarrassing teenage crush over a nun that Christof just couldn't get over because he got vamped. The voice acting and everything made it so bad.

The soundtrack is goddamn amazing. Bloodlines has some good tracks but seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOFwYVy37_c

lmao I forgot all about the goddamn nun bullshit... very twilight :ssh:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I read a guide and just ran through the haunted house not paying attention to anything because I dont like grtting scared in videogames.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That haunted house gets people every time, man. The devs knew, too, and put in a console man that does nothing but let you skip the quest.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chatrapati posted:

I could never beat the werewolf and gave up. I made a talky guy and if he even hit me once I would die.

i accidentally figured out a spot next to the gondola wait where he'd never actually attack me so i juist stood there and read a book for 2 minutes

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My Brujah should totes be able to kill that werewolf.

That reminds me of the worst bug I ever encountered in the game: Elevators and the like just wouldn't move. Usually I could fix this with noclip, but it took this crazy kind of timing in order to get through the werewolf level. My character would freeze in place as soon as I hit the button for the cablecar to take me back, but the car wouldn't actually move. I had to noclip at exactly the right time so I could fly through the air into the invisible level-transition.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Is this game honestly $20 right now? I'd just wait till next week for the steam halloween sale you can probably pick it up for 3 bucks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

My Brujah should totes be able to kill that werewolf.

That reminds me of the worst bug I ever encountered in the game: Elevators and the like just wouldn't move. Usually I could fix this with noclip, but it took this crazy kind of timing in order to get through the werewolf level. My character would freeze in place as soon as I hit the button for the cablecar to take me back, but the car wouldn't actually move. I had to noclip at exactly the right time so I could fly through the air into the invisible level-transition.

the worst bug i ever encountered was the furniture in your special ghoul apartment flipping out and rotating, levitating in the air, etc. so the entire room became unnavigable without noclip

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i can sincerely say i've never played another game where i've been so cavalier about my use of noclip

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Vermain posted:

the worst bug i ever encountered was the furniture in your special ghoul apartment flipping out and rotating, levitating in the air, etc. so the entire room became unnavigable without noclip
The most INTERESTING bug I encountered was one of the ones that replaces an object with another object. All the doorknobs in my apartment were replaced with fish from the fishtank.

Which didn't move, so it was like some Malkavian broke in and replaced all my doorknobs with blocks of ice full of frozen goldfish

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Jeanete makes me horney

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
What does it mean if Therese makes you horney?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
It's strange how there are all these reports about all the crazy bugs in this game. I played this a lot right after release, and the worst I ever got was ploishing through the street in Downtown and falling into the nothingness below gamer existence.

I never get the cool bugs. :saddowns:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

It means you got superior taste

Through advanced science I have determined the official hotness tier list:
Imalia
Heather
Therette
Therese
Damsel
The Giovanni chick who thinks she's your cousin and tries to.do sex with you on an embalming table or in the family crypt
Pisha
The confession club owner
The japanese demon hunter chick
Jeanette
Head of the kuei jin
The ghost in the hotel
The corpse of the malk primogen's dead wife
All the thinblood chicks
The old homeless lady with the plauge
VV

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
You forgot the Toreador strip club owner and the plague-rat cougar.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

You forgot the Toreador strip club owner and the plague-rat cougar.

Strip club owner is VV and she is bad

Can't remember plauge girls name though, or a couple others I listed so pls help me fill in the blanx

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

ForeverSmug posted:

Can't remember plauge girls name though, or a couple others I listed so pls help me fill in the blanx

Confession club is Venus, devil hunter girl is Yohko, head of the Kuei-Jin is Ming Xiao.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

ForeverSmug posted:

Sorry, I thought those were arrows to call the next poster ugly. I took the bait. VV is very terrible indeed.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Halloween Jack posted:

Look into financial domination.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

vtmb is a p.cool game one of my faves i play it at least once a year and its never gone from my hdd sometimes i dink around in 3ds max and udk attempting to recreate the santa monica haven while hoping for a new game like it

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Okay revised tier list. This is official and scientifically accurate

-Heather Poe
-Imalia
-"Tourette" Voerman
-Deb
-Therese Voerman
-Damsel
-Nadia Milliner, your sexy Giovanni cousin
-Pisha
-Venus Dare
-"Hey sugar, lookin for a date?", ie the hooker with the one red pigtail
-Jeanette Voerman
-Jezebel Locke, Toxic Hooker extrordinare
-Yukie Ogami
-Ming Xiao
-Ghost of Ocean House Hotel
-Grout's dead wife
-Hannah (chick dying of plague, pre-death)
-Thinblooded Psychic Rosa
-Thinblooded Retard Hippy Lily
-Patty the stupid retard ghoul/Pisha's take-out dinner
-The old homeless lady with the plauge
-Velvet Velour

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The hardest part was determining if thinbloods or the homeless were more disgusting

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
You will always have the poor among you, but thin-bloods are a sign of Gehenna.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

The most INTERESTING bug I encountered was one of the ones that replaces an object with another object. All the doorknobs in my apartment were replaced with fish from the fishtank.

Which didn't move, so it was like some Malkavian broke in and replaced all my doorknobs with blocks of ice full of frozen goldfish

This sounds like something a Malkavian would do, and thats awesome.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

fishmalk

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCpLWkHIJ-E

evidently its triggered by opening all the doors in the luckee star hotel over 8 times

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Upmarket Mango posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCpLWkHIJ-E

evidently its triggered by opening all the doors in the luckee star hotel over 8 times

I refuse to believe this is a glitch or bug

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

Requiem: "remember all the cool poo poo about masquerade? Well we took everything out b/c one or two tardos complained about MUH PLAYER AGENCY"

How dare you tell ME I can't murder Caine! Who cares if being a gangster underling is literally the concept of the entire game.

People also bitch about promethean because it's a game "about something" too.

Also Tremere aren't vamps anymore, they're Mage characters. Kind of misses the whole point of having a magelike archetype in non-Mage campaigns.

Halloween Jack posted:

That's the bug that killed my last run. Mine were mailboxes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Tremere were originally mages in Ars Magica anyway.

Halloween Jack posted:

You will always have the poor among you, but thin-bloods are a sign of Gehenna.

the best part about this is that thin bloods don't cause gehenna, it's the mass slaughter of vampires (thin blooded or otherwise) that wakes the antediluvians

so the thin-bloods are a sign of gehenna, but only because the elders freak out and murder them

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Prophecy's a bitch

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also I'm pretty sure everyone who talks about werewolves ever in the game is like "dude don't even loving try to fight one you will get DESTROYED". I think proper anti-werewolf protocol is "run away while shooting fear-pee into the sky to mask your escape"

what I liked about bloodlines' story is kinda the duality between how insignificant you were and how much you could affect things if you managed to figure out what was happening at the time. I also like how you went from "barely stronger than a human" to "bitch-slapping commandos". the endgame does kinda suck but I like how it lets you see just how strong/ridiculous you've gotten

EDIT: dammit now I kinda want to replay it thanks a lot dicks

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder how things would've went down if you had to fight a mage in this. Can't mages do poo poo like teleport active grenades into you or summon lightning to strike you or some poo poo? I can't imagine anything but an elder kicking the poo poo out of one, but then again your vamp does kill a 7th gen Tzimisce and a 7th gen Nagloper, so who knows?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder how things would've went down if you had to fight a mage in this. Can't mages do poo poo like teleport active grenades into you or summon lightning to strike you or some poo poo? I can't imagine anything but an elder kicking the poo poo out of one, but then again your vamp does kill a 7th gen Tzimisce and a 7th gen Nagloper, so who knows?

In 1st edition oMage, vampires counted as ordinary matter, so basic Matter spells could turn even a Methuselah into a chair without any way for the vamp to defend against it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Effectronica posted:

In 1st edition oMage, vampires counted as ordinary matter, so basic Matter spells could turn even a Methuselah into a chair without any way for the vamp to defend against it.

what kind of chair? Like a rich mahogany or ebony one or like a lovely one made of cedar?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

You know how if you Piss off Strauss he just teleported you outside and you can't get back in? Like that but worse

Ain't no mage got time for your poo poo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

what kind of chair? Like a rich mahogany or ebony one or like a lovely one made of cedar?

IKEA to make their chair-hell humiliating

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Where do those hunters get all those katanas and military assault rifles from anyway?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SunAndSpring posted:

Where do those hunters get all those katanas and military assault rifles from anyway?

It's the Old World of Darkness. Katanas, trenchcoats lined with kevlar, and other proto-Matrix stuff are for sale at the local convenience stores

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
could a WoD mage take on werewolves and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

AHungryRobot posted:

could a WoD mage take on werewolves and poo poo?

Basically, for oWoD, it goes
Mages

Mummies/Demons

Werewolves

Vamps/Kuei-Jin
Wraiths/Changelings
Hunters
Mortals

IIRC, that is. For nWoD, it's not quite as simple, but wraiths/Kuei-Jin are gone and changelings move up to be with werewolves.

• Locked thread