Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Butthole
Apr 21, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Buy a white board and have a weekly town hall wherein you 2 can go over some post-mortems and really rap some processes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Butthole
Apr 21, 2014

by Ion Helmet

my darling feet posted:

3 - Bills (does rent go half and half; I make more money, should I be paying more?)
>> He's lived exclusively in his mom's house, and she has an unlimited widow's benefit which means making ends meet were not a worry in his house. Things like high speed internet, platinum cable packages, and brand name groceries in individually wrapped sizes are the norm. I buy in bulk, and on sale, even the the store brand isn't a totally lovely knockoff.
4 - I like my own space sometimes. I want to be able to read or veg out on SA or whatever. How do we calibrate our alone or individual time?

What are your best ways for for learning to cohabit with a person you've previously only dated?

Hahah ok, ok let me air out some points here, glad I actually read your OP. This is great—here I thought I could only get to see train-wrecks in E/N. I've gone ahead and bolded your eventual downfalls.

First off, he's 29 and has never lived with other people. My god. First off, you've found a real keeper. How the F. does that happen?

Secondly, I think you should learn to shop better. Buying 'in-bulk' isn't always cheaper or better and using actual quality ingredients will up your nutrition in-take and your QoL. You two should start a new chapter, learn to cook and shop properly together—I'm talkin' FARMER'S MARKETS / BUTCHERS / BODEGAS / LOCAL + ORGANIC brah. It always PISSES me off when I see goons advocate for buying lovely poo poo when they dont know they can get good poo poo on the cheap-side. /rant.

And liking your own space is fine 'n' normal—the reason I' m callin you out on this is because the mere mention of this makes it sound like you (and probably Mommy's boy, too) have poo poo social skills and no lives/general good-time having friendships. You NEED to be able to get out and do stuff, so start workin' out, volunteering, going to classes, anything.

EDIT, I'm just gonna keep highlighting this relationship gold over here. You two are really in love, and not settling at all.

my darling feet posted:

So about his cat...she would go and pee all over his bed...She also would shart on me if I was being playful and petting her...

...he can only pay $500 for rent based on what he's expecting to get on his pay. I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of paying $900 to continue living in our space because he can't contribute more....

We communicate well, though we'll argue about things within the household. :v: My bacon isn't of a high enough quality...:j: Would you shut up about your Pokemon 3DS, I'm trying to watch this show. (he does this whole string of consciousness thing, where he'll mumble out loud his choices of Pokemon. I don't care, I've never cared about Pokemon, omg, shut up).

...In those cases, I wish we were getting a two bedroom.

Anyway, I look forward to your response.

Big Ol Butthole fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 27, 2014

Big Ol Butthole
Apr 21, 2014

by Ion Helmet
You've had an 11 year relationship with a pokemon-loving 29 year-old who has never left home.

Big Ol Butthole
Apr 21, 2014

by Ion Helmet
your traits are sorta nerd-normal, his traits are that of a stunted manChild.

plus, again, the whole 'never-has-lived-anywhere' thing is sorta massively relevant (as opposed to you liking zombies).

Big Ol Butthole
Apr 21, 2014

by Ion Helmet
OP, update us on your thoughts.

• Locked thread