Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Cheekio posted:

The majority of homeopathic medicines I've encountered are just herbal medicines with a label that says Homeopathy. That said, I've never seen anything suggesting Homeopathy had any medicinal benefit, so if anyone wants to refute homeopathy or crystals then I'd be all ears.

It's Wikipedia, but you should read that. Start with the part about dilutions. The long and the short of it is that in order for homeopathy as such to work the way that it's adherents say that it does, our current understanding of some really, really basic laws of physics and biology, such as the way that atoms behave in a liquid state and what a dosage is, needs to be wrong. If you start getting into stuff like, "Well, homeopathy is really just herbal medicine," or, "Homeopathy is a holistic style of treatment," then what you're doing is getting fuzzy with the definition of homeopathy. Something like that will naturally be hard to refute, because any one feature that gets refuted can be replaced ad-hoc style with some other feature. At that point responses are going to shift to me asking you to define what the hell you even mean when you say 'homeopathy' and then we can talk about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread