Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Melthir posted:

Does anyone have anything that shows why you think chiropractors are horeshit. Because I tell you what, I feel like a million bucks after I get my back adjusted. If it is poo poo I would like to know why and what about getting my back adjusted is feeling good.

Go see a physiotherapist (physical therapist). They're trained to perform manipulation but are also legitimate honest to god medical professionals who know how to do it without loving you up:

http://www.apta.org/uploadedFiles/APTAorg/Advocacy/State/Issues/Manipulation/ManipulationSafetyandPTPractice.pdf

seriously look at that loving graph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I guess the advantage of a masseuse is that when they screw up, I guess you might get a small bruiser or just an uncomfortable feeling. Meanwhile, when a chiropractor screws up his fake practice, you lose your ability to walk.

That's not even the end of the scale of chiropractor malpractice. Spinal manipulation when performed by inadequately trained practitioners (chiropractors) has been linked with stroke and death.

Alterian posted:

One thing I've been wondering is if zinc lozenges actually work to shorten colds. I thought there was studies done showing they're effective, but when I went to buy some, they're labeled as homeopathic. They do contain actual zinc in them, not some weird dilution. I thought the mechanism behind it was the zinc inhibits the cold virus from multiplying so your body can get the advantage on them. Do these really work or is it more quackery?

Here's your zinc-related PSA for the day: avoid putting it up your nose, even if it's supposedly homeopathic!

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm166927.htm

• Locked thread