Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

SedanChair posted:

In a way this reminds me of the time I went into a gas station and saw the clerk and a customer looking at a pack of Nat Sherman cigarettes. The clerk pointed to the label that said "NO ADDITIVES." "See," the clerk said, "it says "NOT ADDICTIVE."

"Ohhh," said the customer.

Ages ago I did a summer job in a gas station and remember wondering why Wilson cigarettes were making such a big deal in their advertising about having "NO ADDITIVES," and that makes at least as much sense as my original idea that they were playing to the organic crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

duck monster posted:

What I don't understand is why water has the memory of long since diluted out of existence medicine but does not contain the memory of duck poo poo from the dam.

Because I'm pretty sure theres a lot of duck poo poo in fresh water.

Leave it to you to think of duck poo poo.

Marginally more seriously, it's because of the magical shaking process that "aligned" the molecules prior to dilution, if I remember (one of) the bullshit explanation correctly.

duck monster posted:

Chiropractic 'medicine' started off as a sham field , it was never hijacked.

Didn't the inventor basically hijack his ideas from osteopathy, and claim he'd been given them by an angel or something?

• Locked thread