Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

duck monster posted:

Chiropractic 'medicine' started off as a sham field , it was never hijacked.

There have been legitimate attempts at trying to systemize the effects of the theraputic massage into something useful.

But I have my doubts that a Thai Massage from someone with a working knowledge of Grays Anattomy would do any worse.

You can't find any masseuse anywhere that will pop your back and other joints, though, so you've got to go with the place that makes you feel good. Until the crazy Uzbek massage parlour finally moves into town, it's the chiropractor for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I guess the advantage of a masseuse is that when they screw up, I guess you might get a small bruiser or just an uncomfortable feeling. Meanwhile, when a chiropractor screws up his fake practice, you lose your ability to walk.

Eh, good feeling things carry some risk. You just have to know what you're getting into. It's not science, it's not medicine, but the chiropractor does a better deep tissue massage than anywhere in the area and sometimes you just need your back popped.

I also drink and smoke and drive racecars and spend a lot of time at punk rock shows so it's probably a good idea to point out that my daily living is not necessarily like yours.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

More like "Speed Kills :getin:"

No I understand the serious problem with chiropractors and all the other nutty alternative medicine whackos. The only thing I'll give to chiropractors is that some of the techniques can feel really good. Divorced from spurious claims, it's hardcore massage and I like that.

• Locked thread