Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
I actually don't think cannabis qualifies as herbal medicine in the sense that it ought to give you shits because it's fundamental bullshit non-medicine that hippies insist unclogs your chakras or whatever with some incidental medicinal benefits. Cannabis is just medicine at this point. There are plenty of medicines that are perfectly legitimate (ie. not alternative medicines, just loving medicines) that are derived from plant matter. That shouldn't be an annoying fact. The plant kingdom produces a lot of various chemicals, some of which we've discovered quite legitimately are good at healing illnesses or alleviated symptoms. That ain't bad.

The real bullshit of 'herbal medicine' is the kind sold by snake-oil salesmen to gullible shitheads who are told their child doesn't need antibiotics for that pneumonia don't you know that's just big pharma trying to steal your money no no here just buy this tiny jar of powdered lavender root for a fuckload more than it's worth and have her huff a steam-bath with this poo poo three times a day. That kind of nonsense is dangerous. Cannabis is just good medicine for a lot of people. Don't hate on poo poo that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Tim Raines IRL posted:

If I had a nickel for every time I've been scripted antibiotics for a viral infection, I'd have at least a dollar.

Why do you keep visiting the doctor with a common cold then? Like, why even bother seeking treatment for something you know or are at least pretty sure is a virus unless it's in danger of killing you?

• Locked thread