Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ChrisHansen posted:

I'm right here with ya. It sounds like some hippy dippy bologna, but I think "the power of positive thinking" is a real thing. I worked in a psychiatric hospital, and the nature of the medicine was that it did not always work as advertized. The importance of keeping a positive mental attitude is paramount when you're dealing with the couple weeks that it takes some of those meds to take effect.

duck monster posted:

On first principles and observation, its clear that rational and positive meta-cognitive thinking habits go a heck of a long way to helping the brain recover from depression and other neuroses. Or put more simply, trying to be happy helps in not being sad.

This isn't going to help your lungs get unfucked. But maybe it might help your brain.

And also the placebo effect can make medication less effective if you don't have confidence in it. The human body is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread