Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

My uncle died a horrible death from sinus cancer because he tried homeopathic and naturopathic 'medicine' for an entire year instead of actual medicine. By the time he got chemo it was too late. These quacks do real harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

My uncle's homeopaths and naturopaths actually told him that a cancerous lesion that began on the roof of his mouth was "an infection" and eventually it opened a hole in the roof of his mouth, a bunch of "gunk" came pouring out, and it healed over. He thought it was done, but the lesion came back. It wasn't until he saw a dentist that someone said "Hey buddy, we should check this weird tissue for signs of malignancy." About a year later, after many worthless elixirs, potions, tinctures, and vitamins, the cancer had metastasized in his lungs, brain, bones, etc. In his final weeks he looked like Sloth from "The Goonies"

Zeitgueist posted:

Isn't that how Steve Jobs died?

Pretty much. Steve Jobs had one of the few types of pancreatic cancer that has a decent prognosis. He proceeded to go on some bullshit regimen of herbs and juicing for many months until the cancer was untreatable.

E: From Wikipedia: According to Jobs's biographer, Walter Isaacson, "for nine months he refused to undergo surgery for his pancreatic cancer – a decision he later regretted as his health declined."[216] "Instead, he tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies, and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He was also influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, before finally having surgery in July 2004."

It's also how Bob Marley died. Ignored his doctor's advice to amputate his toe that had skin cancer, tried alternative medicine instead, cancer spreads and he died.

Sergg fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 28, 2014

• Locked thread